Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who Discussion (11th Doctor/Season 7)

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    I hope Jenna-Loise Coleman is returning as Oswin, honestly. It'd make the reason for the Doctor to take her on as his next companion logical. Where did they name Coleman's next appearance as a character named Clara? I keep looking for it online and never find anything. It'd be lame if Coleman returns as Oswin's twin sister.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

As best I can tell nothing was officially stated it was more people reporting they heard her character referred to by the name Clara during filming.

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv...-revealed.html

Speculation ranges from Clara Oswin Oswald (there are some interesting connections to Lee Harvey Oswald I read).

A reincarnation of some sort, Oswin could be a nickname of some sort, could be some memory issue, two different characters, a name they were using for filming that day for some reason either related to the episode or to keep her real name secret.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    two things
    1) the transformation to Dalek removes their ability to love. Not just romantic love but the capability to love in all context. She also made the Daleks forget who the Doctor is/was.
    2)Oswin Oswald is the character here we met, the next companion's name is Clara (Oswin).

Karen Gillan, Freema Agyemen, and going back even further Lalla Ward all played characters in Doctor Who before becoming a companion. Granted in each case they were chosen after the initial portrayal of another character.
    It's not just companions. Colin Baker played a different character name Commander Maxil who was from Gallifrey but not a Time Lord in the Arc of Infinity story before becoming the very next Doctor

Apparently Rory is finally getting an action figure

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...58&mode=retail

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

2 figures actually. BBCshop.com has an exclusive Rory repaint.

I wish Doctor Who was popular enough in the states to warrant the figures be sold in physical stores. Online buying isn't something I do often. The shipping and handling alone jacks up prices to levels I'd prefer not to have to pay.

So, next we have an episode set in the wild west? I hope I don't end up hating the next episode seeing as how I honestly don't really like westerns.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Really, really enjoyed a Town Called Mercy. Watched it last night with a group of fellow Whovians and we all enjoyed it. It was a nice, self contained adventure episode that a was a great blend of sci-fi and western.

Next week's episode looks really interesting, though. I'm still not sure what it is really about, but the teaser has me intrigued.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I got the Big Chief 11th Doctor figure. I decided to do a video review of it. It's VERY cool. I thought I'd post it here instead of starting another thread.

I finally got caught up on Dr. Who this week. I'm not sure I'm cool with the fate of Amy & Rory.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    I finally got caught up on Dr. Who this week. I'm not sure I'm cool with the fate of Amy & Rory.
    It's another one of those things where the actors want to make sure they never have to do guest appearances in the future, so we end up with an ending for them like what happened.

But, on the bright side, we're going to get a new female companion for the Doctor which will lead to new stories. I'd suspect we'll see River on and off for the foreseeable future until she gets closer to the events of 'Silence in the Library'.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Yeah, I know... it all just seemed so rushed and full of plot holes (even for a Doctor Who episode). I really wish it had simply been farewell.

But I am looking forward to the new companion and new episodes.

That and any more writing seems to be focused on putting characters on a bus permanently. It's not always just the actors who don't want to come back, often the writing staff wants to put the nail in the coffin on those characters.

I just watched the Christmas special - I thought it was pretty well done.

Major spoiler: don't read if you haven't seen it:

I didn't expect her to be the same girl from Asylum of the Daleks. I'm really curious to see how this plays out. I hope she doesn't end up being a Dalek plant (especially since the Daleks are supposed to forget the Doctor at the end of Asylum).

I figured she was supposed to be the same girl when she started talking about the same things that the other Oswin spoke of from 'Asylum', such as liking souffles and that stuff.

I'm curious to see now just how she can be in different eras. Reincarnation? Regeneration? Either way I've really liked her since her first appearance.
    (Hordak Alpha))

I liked it a lot. Love the new console room and the new titles.

As for Clara, I kind of wonder if she might not be

splintered throughout time, kind of like Scaroth was in City of Death.

what if she is (or was) Jenny the Doctor's Daughter (from the ep of that name) perhaps when she regenerates she sometimes still looks like her last incarnation tho her memory may get muddled, which is why she is now called Oswin instead of Jenny.

In fact take a look at this pic that compares a chair Jenny was sitting on at the end of the ep when she escaped in a pod and the one oswin was sitting on in the Dalek asylum

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Sigh. Stupid marathons recorded over The Snowmen on my DVR (or else it just didn't record). I'll have to wait for the rerun. Fortunately given BBC America's schedule, that shouldn't take long.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    what if she is (or was) Jenny the Doctor's Daughter (from the ep of that name) perhaps when she regenerates she sometimes still looks like her last incarnation tho her memory may get muddled, which is why she is now called Oswin instead of Jenny.

In fact take a look at this pic that compares a chair Jenny was sitting on at the end of the ep when she escaped in a pod and the one oswin was sitting on in the Dalek asylum

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9pd5bEI2x1qlh2sq.png
    If that were true, then scenes from The Snowmen would have Luke/Leia levels of uncomfortableness!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    If that were true, then scenes from The Snowmen would have Luke/Leia levels of uncomfortableness!
    that is true. Still it is a possibility

I really need to get all of the 10th Doctor seasons on iTunes and watch them. I've only seen about half of them.

@ Wolfsfang - interesting theory!

Ah, I feel those are just fan speculations. Jenny and Oswin are two different characters, in my opinion, although I've felt for a long time it's been long over due for Jenny to return. All this time the Doctor has thought she has been dead, so it'd be interesting for the Doctor to know he still has biological family out there. Crazy enough, the actress who portrays Jenny (Georgia Moffet) has been married or involved with David Tennant (the previous Doctor) because of that episode. Don't they have children too?

As for that chair, I'm willing to bet it really is the same one used in Jenny's episode since the BBC probably put it into the prop warehouse and re-used it for Oswin's first episode. : P
    (Hordak Alpha))

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Ah, I feel those are just fan speculations. Jenny and Oswin are two different characters, in my opinion, although I've felt for a long time it's been long over due for Jenny to return. All this time the Doctor has thought she has been dead, so it'd be interesting for the Doctor to know he still has biological family out there. Crazy enough, the actress who portrays Jenny (Georgia Moffet) has been married or involved with David Tennant (the previous Doctor) because of that episode. Don't they have children too?

As for that chair, I'm willing to bet it really is the same one used in Jenny's episode since the BBC probably put it into the prop warehouse and re-used it for Oswin's first episode. : P

Isn't she Peter Davison's daughter (in real life) as well?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Yes, she is.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Considering how often props get reused, I doubt there was any intention there.

My theory is she is part of the same person, she was somehow split into different people in time.

I would be curious if her name is meant to be something else just like her souffle recipe.

**edit**
    Jenny, I say this loving the character and also wishing she would return. She was designed to be a one off character, and her being the Doctor's cloned daughter is a play on her real relationship with her father Peter Davison, who less than a year before reprised his role as the Doctor for a Children in Need special. It appears as the segway from the previous season to that years holiday special seemlessly in fact. I know the role wasn't specifically written for her also, it was more one of those nice touch things.
    Last edited by wyldman11; January 6, 2013 at 11:21pm.

Well after watching her since the series returned I still can't say I like Clara that much, her "mystery" really doesn't interest me and she is actually quite annoying.

Speaking of annoying those kids Angie and Artie... who the heck thought they were a good idea? Not only were the child actors two of the worst I have seen in years but the actual characters themselves just screamed for the doctor to dump them into the nearest black hole (especially Angie)

Also Nightmare in Silver has got to be the most boringly dull episode since Matt Smith started his run as the doctor and I think the only reason people are giving it a passing grade is because it was written by Neil Gaiman who also the wrote "supposed" fan fave episode The Doctor's Wife, which makes me wonder if me and the rest of the world were watching two totally different (well now 4) Gaiman written episodes because The Doctor's Wife was very close to being as god damn awful as this weeks episode.

Now I still love Dr Who but these new episodes have quite honestly been terrible and I have come to the conclusion that quite frankly Neil Gaiman sucks as a Who writer