Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who Discussion (11th Doctor/Season 7)

The new trailer looks EPIC.

Ooooooh, shiny!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Oh, will they quit making it look like they are going to kill off Amy?! Do the writers think fans are stupid? We can clearly remember when the future versions of Amy and Rory appeared on the other side of that mining canyon during the episode that re-introduced the Silurans that was set somewhere near 2016.

Otherwise, the trailer looks pretty good, although I'm starting to get tired of River Song.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    We can clearly remember when the future versions of Amy and Rory appeared on the other side of that mining canyon during the episode that re-introduced the Silurans that was set somewhere near 2016.
    Hmmmm... I can't tell if you're joking or not there.
    You do remember the point of that whole scene (when it is later revisited near the end of part 2) was to show that time CAN be changed.

The change or adjust time all the time. Also people are that stupid, when they said Amy and Rory's story would be coming to an end many people said things like 'don't kill them off' 'when you say end do you mean you are killing them off' etc.

And I have a feeling all this about showing them killing them off has to do with just that. Besides Rory dies all the time.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Dinosaurs in space. I'm sold. That, and the old West episode!

Have they confirmed yet if/that the Master is returning?

And were those guys in the big mech suits supposed to be old characters, or is that something new? (I felt like I should have recognized them.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I think the mech suit guys are new. I don't recognize them.

an ep of The Sarah Jane Adventures had some similar looking robots. and the Master is not returning as far as i know.

I always liked that design of the Daleks, I wasn't crazy about the ones from the Progenitor deivce (though they can be seen interspersed in the crowd). I'm good with River Song making an appearance, I like her but in small doses.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Hmmmm... I can't tell if you're joking or not there.
    You do remember the point of that whole scene (when it is later revisited near the end of part 2) was to show that time CAN be changed.

However, the end of that episode also was re-written when Amy somehow(I still don't understand all of the mechanics of it) restored Rory and The Doctor to the timeline after the Pandorica incident was resolved.

The time being re-written thing cannot honestly be used to explain how The Doctor supposedly changed his fate when River shot him since, the entire time the Doctor had faked his death from the start, its just the viewer didn't find out about it until the season finale of that series.

Personally, I doubt they'll be killing off Amy Pond. I know the stories about how Karen Gillan doesn't want to make return cameos to the show, but one can never say never. Didn't Billie Piper say something like that after she left and then she returned as Rose a few times to tie up her story?

Who knows, maybe Karen Gillan would be open to audio plays in the distant future.
    (Hordak Alpha))

First in-hand pics of the Big Chief deluxe collectible 11th Doctor figure are starting to show up. I think he turned out great!

I really like a lot of the crature designs in this trailer. Those robot/mecha things look cool and I love the cyborg cowboy. I have not been that excited for new Dr Who creatures in quite a while.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

I just hope the creatures for the new season/series don't turn out as underwhelming as 'The Silence' pretty much did. The good enemies of the franchise are the ones who can come back later on and still provide a threat. In the big episode where The Doctor went up against 'The Silence', he pretty much defeated them in the span of one episode, making their further appearances utterly pointless.

Thats why I like Daleks and Cybermen. The Doctor can still kick their ass, but they are as resilient as he is and keep coming back with new schemes. Even The Master is never completely defeated.

I wish that there would be some more reunions with former companions. It's supposed to be the anniversary year, so I'm hoping some reunions are planned to a certain extent.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    I wish that there would be some more reunions with former companions. It's supposed to be the anniversary year, so I'm hoping some reunions are planned to a certain extent.
    The 50th anniversary isn't until November 2013, so there's still plenty of time left for them to plan something big. I imagine they'll wait until Series 8 for that.

The 50th is pretty shrouded in mystery, but there have certainly been a hint of multiple specials to celebrate it.

Official Doctor Who Season 7 talkback thread

Ok just watched the first ep of the new season "Asylum of the Daleks" and it is easily the second best Dalek episode I have ever seen after the season 1 ep entitled "Dalek" with the twist with the guest character being well written and very sad (you'll know what I mean if / when you see the ep).

It is episodes like this which makes me remember why I love Doctor Who and why the Daleks are one of my utmost fave alien races EVER

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Yes it was an amazing episode! I loved the glimpse of the planet we saw in the beginning, very cool!

Great episode and looks to be a great series. And yes the twist with that guest character was so sad!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

I just watched it again and even knowing the twist it is still really really sad

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Yea I'm going to watch it again. Something about the guest character:

I'm also curious about the guest star character since the actress is slated to join later in the season as the new companion. I have been pretty much avoiding news and stuff on this new season so I wonder if she will play a different character or how it will work. Still, just from this episode she is sold to me as a good fit for a companion!

And yea Wolf, the Daleks are AWESOME.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Perhaps the doctor will go back until before she ends up on the Asylum and meet a younger version of her

Or she could play a different character such as her twin sister or cousin or something

I watched it last night. It was my first ever Dr. Who episode. For a lot of the episode I found myself wondering what all the hype is about, but by the end I was pretty impressed. I'll keep watching long enough to give it a fair chance to sink its hooks in.

Was the planet at the beginning Skaro?

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Was the planet at the beginning Skaro?
    yes that was what was left of Skaro the home planet of the Daleks

Also I find it amusing that before they became the Dalek's they were originally a humanoid race called the Kaleds / Dals and were peaceful scientists and philosophers
    Last edited by wolfsfang; September 2, 2012 at 05:02pm.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    This series is going so far up it's own backside that it'll soon be able to scratch it's nose from the inside.

Been a 'classic' WHO fan since my first episode in 1973. For me the appeal was always how they managed to transcend the meagre budget and create something truly imaginative. Now they seem to think that pretentiously convoluted plots with a shed-load of money thrown at them make 'good' televsion. Every season of the new version I watch one episode and then tune out in embaressment. This year is no different. Bye bye WHO (again)
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    This series is going so far up it's own backside that it'll soon be able to scratch it's nose from the inside.

Been a 'classic' WHO fan since my first episode in 1973. For me the appeal was always how they managed to transcend the meagre budget and create something truly imaginative. Now they seem to think that pretentiously convoluted plots with a shed-load of money thrown at them make 'good' televsion. Every season of the new version I watch one episode and then tune out in embaressment. This year is no different. Bye bye WHO (again)
    I really hope Moffat gives us some proper answers by the end of this series. I must admit, it is starting to get a bit ridiculous. Whatever’s been going on since series five needs some closure. For example, whose bloody voice did River Song hear in the Tardis just before it blew up at the end of series five? Moffat’s ego is getting the better of him. I guess I just like my stories to be as linear as possible.