Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who Discussion (11th Doctor/Season 7)

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Ah, I don't know where everyone keeps thinking that
    well

He is wearing the same leather jacket we see 9 wearing in the first episode he appears in. The current doctor talks about the name being a promise, and Hurt Doctor didn't live up to that promise.

Not that I am saying he is the Doctor during that time or not. There is also the Valeyard issue.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    well
    my money is on him being some incarnation of the Valeyard.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    well

Yeah, not sure how that Valeyard thing is going to work out since Galifrey is destroyed and the Valeyard appeared on Galifrey in the past in the 1986 Sixth Doctor storyline when the Tenth and Eleventh Doctors have clearly stated that he cannot go back in time to Galifrey at all since the time war. I don't remember what episodes, I think the two part 'The End of Time/The End of the World' story was one time the Doctor mentioned it.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    The new Doctor can't be the Valeyard, under whatever name he'll use, as the Valeyard does not come into existence

as a separate entity until some time between the Doctor's 12th and final regenerations.

Clip from "Trial of a Time Lord" - explanation of who the Valeyard is (obviously some Spoilers if you haven't seen ToaTL):
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; May 22, 2013 at 01:11am.

Yeah, I'm not expecting the Valeyard to be part of this, to be honest. But who knows!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I am just throwing stuff out, but at the same time this is Doctor Who a show that has more than once twisted it's own rules as needed.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Is there a round-up of all the rumours about John Hurt's character. I've come across the following:

- the Doctor BEFORE he was the First Doctor. And he did something so terrible, that he stole the TARDIS and dedicated his life to travelling through space and time and helping others under the new name "The Doctor" to atone for his past wrongs.

- an aged version of the Eighth Doctor. And he did something terrible during the Time War between the Time Lords and the Daleks under a newly assumed name.

- a regeneration in-between the Eighth and Ninth Doctors. And he didn't use the name "The Doctor" during this regeneration, so he wasn't the Ninth Doctor, instead he was the first ... whatever. And similar to above, he did something terrible during the Time War and then regenerated into what we know as the Ninth Doctor.

- The Valeyard. Although that doesn't seem to fit given that the Eleventh Doctor appeared to recognise him from his own "past" (which would be a confusing concept for a time traveller) and because Clara only appeared to be able to see past regenerations since she didn't mention seeing a twelfth or thirteenth regeneration (although it's possible for the Doctor to die without regenerating).

- a Timey Wimey amalgamation of ALL Doctors or a combination of all *possible* Doctors (i.e. the Doctors that could have resulted from the various regenerations but for some reason didn't).

- a Timey Wimey "error" related to the Meta-Crisis Tenth Doctor (aka 10.5), although it's uncertain why that separate living entity would have anything to do with the Eleventh Doctor's timeline.

I think my favourite of the above theories is a "missing" regeneration who is responsible for the very worst acts of war during the Time War. Sure, it would be a "waste" of a regeneration, but even if the 13 regenerations limitation remains following the loss of the Time Lords, the series would always give The Doctor as many regenerations as he needs for the series to continue and for BBC to make money.

I'm not opposed to the idea of an aged Eighth Doctor, but I would have preferred them to use Paul McGann if John Hurt is really playing the Eighth Doctor.

My wife and I think that Matt Smith and Crispen Hellion Glover look eerily alike in some ways, anybody else see it?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

I find it misleading, if John Hurt won't count as an incarnation of The Doctor, that he is credited as "Introducing John Hurt as The Doctor." Maybe it's just marketing or a hint that he somehow gets redeemed in an upcoming story, but it does make it hard to say he doesn't count when they outright say that's who he is. Also if he's the lost link between 8th and 9th to explain the fate of the Time Lords more, then I hope we will see Claire Bloom and Timothy Dalton's characters again.

The stuff with Clara also left me with many questions. If she saw his whole existence but only saw 11 faces (plus the shadow of Hurt) and Smith is the 11th Doctor, does that mean that Trenzalore is the tomb of Matt Smith's Doctor and that if there are going to be more regenerations (and we know there have to be since he's leaving soon), that it will change the history that is there at Trenzalore? Could changing history in some way affect the Hurt "Doctor" and/or even redeem the Time Lords? I know 12 regenerations was some kind of artificial limit, but I doubt it's coincidence that we now have 12 faces for the Doctor and are confronting his death and grave site at the same time. I get the feeling a great deal is going to have to change. Also, Clara seems very similar to Bad Wolf Rose now with her connection to all points of time for the Doctor. If they meet in the upcoming crossover then they should have things to talk about (or a very awkward silence).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

It still hasn't been explained if David Tennant is playing the Tenth Doctor again, from the past, or is playing the half human Doctor clone who lives with Rose in the parallel universe. I'd think using the clone would make more sense, personally, since it wouldn't upset the series of events from the previous seasons. Yes, I know the Doctor has crossed over with his previous and even future selves many times in the past, but the way Rose's storyline ended with starting a future with the half human Doctor clone was left open for return appearances.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Well Ten had some issues storytelling wise where often an episode was left basically telling you what was happening at the start of the next episode. This is one thing I like about 11 where there literally could be 10 minutes between episodes or 45 years.

I'm wondering if the 50th anniversary episode is going to take place within the reality within the Doctor's time stream that the Doctor and Clara were within last we saw them. One potential explanation for the Tenth and Rose to be there. Echoes much like the previous Doctors Clara saw running around upon her emergence in the time streamy reality place. : P Hate that nothing will be revealed until freaking fall. : P Not even the first half of the next series, which I presume instead will air in 2014.
    (Hordak Alpha))

The new Doctor is supposed to be announced on Sunday!
    A lot of noise is being made about Peter Capaldi being the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The new Doctor is supposed to be announced on Sunday!
    A lot of noise is being made about Peter Capaldi being the guy.
    ALREADY?! I thought they were only just beginning to look!!! I just hope the new guy plays the Doctor right and doesn't mess it up. I had doubts about Smith once too, until I watched his first full episode. He did good.
    (Hordak Alpha))

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    And it has been announced! The 12 Doctor has been officially revealed!

It is Peter Capaldi
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Dr. Who -New Doctor Announced

So the Twelfth regeneration of the Doctor will be "The Thick Of It" star

Peter Capaldi

Who also played the father of the family that the Doctor saved in the episode "Fires of Pompeii"

He wouldn't be my first choice to play the Doctor, in fact he wouldn't even appear anyway on my list , but I shall wait and see before I declare that he has "killed the line"
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Hmm both he and Karen Gillan were in that episode, wonder if the next version of the Master will have had a part in that episode.

I'm very happy. He's a fantastic actor and a massive Who fan going way back.

I'm also happy to see someone not in the mold of Tennant or Smith.

I agree with BCI Guy. he's been amazing in everything I've seen him in. I also like that he's older and will be a real change of pace.

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    I am psyched for the new season to start now
    Etheria will be mine!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I agree with BCI Guy. he's been amazing in everything I've seen him in. I also like that he's older and will be a real change of pace.
    Funny I don't think I like anything he has been in, including that ep of Dr Who.

I think his most known show, The Thick of It, is a damn awful show with horrible characters and boring plots.

Still none of that will stop me from giving the guy a fair chance because you never know what kind of performance he will bring.

I am just not keeping my hopes up
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'm very happy. He's a fantastic actor and a massive Who fan going way back.

I'm also happy to see someone not in the mold of Tennant or Smith.
    I agree, I think its a really good choice. I think it will have more of a "classic" feel despite the whole New Who crew running things
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I hardly remember him in Fires of Pompeii and can't think of him being in anything else I've seen. So, going into it with a tabula rasa so to speak.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

This could be the launch of a new era for Doctor Who. We've had three clever, sometimes cheeky, dramatic action Doctors since the 2005 launch. Bringing the Doctor back into a more somewhat middle aged, authority looking figure could be a good change of pace for awhile. At least, that is what I am getting just by looking at Peter Capaldi. I feel he'll probably do a good job, bringing together classic elements of the Doctor we've known for years, yet add a few new elements in. The Doctor has always been about change, which has been something he has run from for a long time.

I wonder if the regeneration will take place at the end of the Christmas special. In my opinion, I think it would be a dramatic change of pace if the Doctor regenerates in the very middle of the adventure. That hasn't happened since the 1996 Doctor Who movie where the Seventh only lasted for the very early moments of the film and the rest was the Eighth.
    (Hordak Alpha))