Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who Discussion (11th Doctor/Season 7)

With the episode Victory of the Daleks, what is it with the multi color scheme? They remind me of Power Rangers lol.

The different colors represent different Daleks and ranks, positions etc.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

i have been watching on bbc america so am only up to the dalek episode. havent seen the 2 parter yet with the angels.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Now I LOVE the Daleks and yet I actually agree with you.

You know the Daleks are used too much when I agree with a statment saying so
    i'll agree as well. it is like the borg in star trek. at first they were this menacing threat. then they used them so much they lost their impact and bite. they had little children borg running around a ship. i don't want lil children daleks scooting around the tardis

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    He is trying to figure out what causes the explosion, his guess right now is it has something to do with her wedding.
    the way they focused on her wedding and whether or not she was married in the "beast below" makes me think it is a plot point to follow

The different colors represent different Daleks and ranks, positions etc.
    AND FLAVORS!!!

p.s. ahhh i hate that the who seasons are soooo expensive as is all bbc tv....bciguy wanna help explain why since you are the guru of all things dvd?

i figure it has to to with purchase the rights and importing etc.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I always figured it was some kind of import tax or something since a large number of Anime frequently have high price tags.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I always figured it was some kind of import tax or something since a large number of Anime frequently have high price tags.

with anime though i think it has more to do with the fact that they have trained fans throughout the years to pay more for anime.

i could not pay 30 bucks for a disk that only has 45 min of show on it.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

This threads kinda gone to the wayside, is it because we don't want to talk about it and spoil it for our American friends? Where are you guys up to anyway?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I live in NYC and rather than waiting for BBC America to show old episodes, I just download the latest episode torrents (around 11pm EST Saturday nights).

You can download them in HD as *.mkv files (use VLC media player to play them) or as regular avi files.

The website I use is eztv....just do a google search.. Hopefully everybody can get up to speed and we can discuss openly without spoiling it for anyone.
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    This threads kinda gone to the wayside, is it because we don't want to talk about it and spoil it for our American friends? Where are you guys up to anyway?
    Kind of weird to say, I think one week they did a double episode of the angels which put BBCA another week behind. They are showing the Hungry Earth this week. That means the followup and Vincent and the Doctor haven't been shown yet.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Kind of weird to say, I think one week they did a double episode of the angels which put BBCA another week behind. They are showing the Hungry Earth this week. That means the followup and Vincent and the Doctor haven't been shown yet.

I'm an American and have already seen Cold Earth and Vincent and the Doctor and all I have to say is BRILLIANT!!!

I'm honestly liking the new direction of Doctor Who and loving the multiple inclusions of the classic Doctor Who with nods to previous Doctors during many episodes. Rarely got to see any of that when Davies was in charge.

Amy Pond is, dare I say it, a better companion than Rose Tyler. Rose was great but Amy is definitely a breathe of fresh air as well as the Eleventh Doctor. Matt Smith hasn't disappointed yet, by keeping traces of Eccleston and Tennant's doctors while making the role his own at the same time.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to the Doctor moving into a house share in this coming weekend's episode. Should be fun
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by okydoky View Post
    I live in NYC and rather than waiting for BBC America to show old episodes, I just download the latest episode torrents (around 11pm EST Saturday nights).

You can download them in HD as *.mkv files (use VLC media player to play them) or as regular avi files.

The website I use is eztv....just do a google search.. Hopefully everybody can get up to speed and we can discuss openly without spoiling it for anyone.

I prefer FLV and since You Tube is being such a pain about anything to do with it, I've discovered a better source. (But, if I tell it will become impossible there too.) I like my shows to come to me within a couple of hours instead of 24 hours.
    Last edited by GeologyMule; June 10, 2010 at 07:16pm. Reason: Edited vulgarity
    (Hordak Alpha))

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Doctor moving into a house share in this coming weekend's episode. Should be fun
    It was actually quite good, I cringed when I first read about The Doctor playing football!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    It was actually quite good, I cringed when I first read about The Doctor playing football!

At least it was nothing like 'Love and Monsters'. WORST DOCTOR WHO EVER!!

The Lodger was actually pretty decent, though. Thus far this whole entire series has been pretty good. Especially without Jack Harkness lurking about.
    (Hordak Alpha))

I thought The Lodger was great! But I liked Love and Monsters too...
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I thought The Lodger was great! But I liked Love and Monsters too...

I was sort of tolerant about Love and Monsters but the over abundance of ELO, (No I don't like that band), the Doctor reduced to cameo appearances and the absurd ending made me not really like that episode.

I certainly hope NEVER to see an episode like that ever again in my entire lifetime. IT sort of reminded me of how absurd Stargate SG-1 got in the later seasons with the 'Wormhole Extreme' show within a show and the SG-1 team in Super Marionation. I liked a lot of the RTD run of Doctor Who, but quite a bit of it I certainly could have done without. Moffat appears to have gotten rid of the absurd things and is taking Doctor Who in a more respectable direction while maintaining certain elements of the Doctor I grew to love from the RTD days.
    (Hordak Alpha))

I don't know that I loved Love & Monsters, but I find it rewatchable. I enjoy that it tried to do something a bit different with the format and even though bits of it are silly, I loved the scenes with Jackie and that storyline. I'd rather watch that than the resolutely boring and cheesy "Fear Her."

I don't know that I loved Love & Monsters, but I find it rewatchable. I enjoy that it tried to do something a bit different with the format and even though bits of it are silly, I loved the scenes with Jackie and that storyline. I'd rather watch that than the resolutely boring and cheesy "Fear Her."
    Yeah, Fear Her was my least favourite RTD era episode. I wasn't looking forward to The Lodger, but it was surprisingly good.

The two part finale looks great, but I can't believe there's only 2 episodes left to go. This series has just flown by.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post

The two part finale looks great.
    It looks amazing! I'm so excited for the return of a certain character from earlier in the series! (I won't write the name in case people want to avoid spoilers)
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Speaking of 11 Doctors...

Who is getting this set? I know I am! Even though I have all of the Doctors except the 8th in one form or the other...

Speaking of 11 Doctors...

Who is getting this set? I know I am! Even though I have all of the Doctors except the 8th in one form or the other...
    I am too, i've already preordered it.

Good to see the Fifth Doctor with celery becoming more easily available, and i'm really happy that they went to the effort of giving every figure either a repaint or a new head, rather than just doing repacks of existing figures (well, with the exception of the Eleventh Doctor).

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I am too, i've already preordered it.

Good to see the Fifth Doctor with celery becoming more easily available, and i'm really happy that they went to the effort of giving every figure either a repaint or a new head, rather than just doing repacks of existing figures (well, with the exception of the Eleventh Doctor).
    Yeah, the celery on 5th is great. I have the Time Crash set but not everyone got it. The cool thing too is that we're getting ANOTHER 5th with celery (and hat) in the 5th/Master SDCC exclusive set.

More Doctor Who geekery...

In 2001 Mezco released a couple 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea figures. I remember being really impressed with them at the time as far as detail went but they seemed pricey ($25... oh the glory days) and it's not like I was that big a fan of the book. They were loosely based on the book, not the movie. Anyway, flash forward 9 years later and I think... man, that would be a cool Sea Devil/Silurian Base or ship!!! Or something. Anyway, I found it! They are a bit rare to come by but I got mine for only $20 and it's an AMAZING set with so much detail. Pictures...

CLICK FOR LARGER!

Sea Devils Attack! - The set features a great look, with a periscope, control panel, microphone, wheel and more attached to the wall. There are also transparent plastic bubbles with scenes in the background.

Sea Devils Advanvce! The Doctor manages to take down one! - There's also a fun ladder included, a table, a trophy fish with stand, a skeletal hand in skeletal fish jaws, 2 books, a globe... and more...

Sea Devils Triumphant? - Other fun details include two different swords with sheaths. The Sea Devil is brandishing one here. Also, notice the bucket full of maps - They are actual paper and can be unrolled and viewed!

The First Doctor Arrives... perhaps in the past? He's indulging a bit with a goblet and pipe! All part of this same set! Also notice the awesome chair with shell motif and the treasure chest...

And one last image. The Doctor holds the stylize sextant. I'm over the moon about this background! I recommend picking it up if you run across it!

I'd rather watch that than the resolutely boring and cheesy "Fear Her."

I certainly think plenty can agree with you there. I didn't care for that one either. Sort of like a filler episode or something to that extent.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Yeah, I guess not liking Fear Her isnt't too controversial.

So, are you guys excited? Tonight... the Pandorica opens...

Just saw the last Doctor Who episode and....EPIC

the only word I can think to describe it
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Just watched tonights episode and I am on edge until next week

I have seen pics of cybermen with a different chest logo (A cyber face like tomb of the cybermen (like this http://www.chrisgovias.com/blog/cybermen.gif) as opposed to the Cybus logo (http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/galle...cybus-logo.jpg) Can anyone confirm wether the damaged cyberman had the classic logo? I tried to see but couldnt make it out

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7