Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who Discussion (11th Doctor/Season 7)

I thought it was brilliant! Epic and a ton of fun.

As for the Cyberman, he had a Cybus logo. I think that pic is from the Doctor Who games they are releasing for the computer.

Wow.

This is how you pay off a season long arc.

"Bad Wolf" should be embarrassed...

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Wow.

This is how you pay off a season long arc.

"Bad Wolf" should be embarrassed...
    I agree, tho the end of the Donna Noble series was also great especially when they all fly the Tardis and tow Earth back home
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Wow, if the payoffs anywhere near as good next week I'll be really impressed!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Are people talking about "Cold Blood"? Because that's as far as I've seen and so far, I'm not much liking this season. Smith and Gillan are very good, but I don't much like the overall tilt the season has had. And the way Cold Blood ended has me and a friend who is another long-time watcher thinking about tuning out for the rest of Moffat's run.

Nope, the US is two episodes behind the UK.

Curious as to what it is you aren't liking.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Are people talking about "Cold Blood"? Because that's as far as I've seen and so far, I'm not much liking this season. Smith and Gillan are very good, but I don't much like the overall tilt the season has had. And the way Cold Blood ended has me and a friend who is another long-time watcher thinking about tuning out for the rest of Moffat's run.
    No. We're talking about "The Pandorica Opens". The season's penultimate episode.

gbagok: We're up to the first part of the series finale in the UK.

Awesome episode, with possibly the best cliffhanger ending in the shows history.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    gbagok: We're up to the first part of the series finale in the UK.

Awesome episode, with possibly the best cliffhanger ending in the shows history.
    Ah, I didn't know so many of you guys are ahead. Sounds like the next few episodes have some hype to live up to!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Ah, I didn't know so many of you guys are ahead. Sounds like the next few episodes have some hype to live up to!
    I just couldn't stand to wait for the US transmission! They really should sync them up next year. They've got them on the same day at least! The two week delay is a bit silly.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I agree, tho the end of the Donna Noble series was also great especially when they all fly the Tardis and tow Earth back home

I kind of found that whole thing a tad far fetched.............even for a sci-fi/fantasy show about a time traveler who has a ship that has a transcendental dimension as the interior of a much smaller ship.

Like I've mentioned before, there were several things I didn't like about the Davies run of Doctor Who, even though there were MANY things I did like.

Gah, I'm almost going mad after 'The Pandorica Opens'. How in the world are our heroes going to get out of this one?? And just who is behind all of this chaos?? I actually have one classic Who villain in mind who would be twisted enough to want to see the universe blow up. Hint: Think back to just who caused the event that made the Doctor have to tow Earth back home in the aftermath.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Gah, I'm almost going mad after 'The Pandorica Opens'. How in the world are our heroes going to get out of this one?? And just who is behind all of this chaos?? I actually have one classic Who villain in mind who would be twisted enough to want to see the universe blow up. Hint: Think back to just who caused the event that made the Doctor have to tow Earth back home in the aftermath.
    Really, I was thinking a rogue time agent who used to drive around the 70's with Gene Hunt!
    Tweet Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Really, I was thinking a rogue time agent who used to drive around the 70's with Gene Hunt!
    I never knew Captain John Hart (aka James Masters) was in Life on Mars.

Unless you mean the Master (John Simm) in which case you have mixed up Time Agents and Time Lords

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    No, I was thinking more along the lines of that kid from 'The Phantom Tollbooth'.

In all actuality I meant DAVROS, creator of the Daleks. I just was going out of my way not to spoil a Doctor Who season that was released two years ago just in case some people with heads stuck in the sand still hadn't seen those episodes.

Of course, this entire scheme smells like Davros, but probably won't be to my disappointment.

Instead, I suppose the entire season (series in the U.K.) will be a dream and Amy Pond will awaken to find Patrick Duffy in her bathroom shower...........or Johnny Rotten.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    How in the world are our heroes going to get out of this one?? .

Potential Spoiler Alert!

Did you notice in the episode with the Weeping Angels, when the angels took the Doctor's jacket he was wearing it again when he came back and kissed Amy on the forehead, through this and a few other little occurances in various episodes, there's a lot of speculation that this was the Doctor from the future coming back to put some things right to avoid the situation in the finale?
    I think he has River Song's Vortex Manipulator so maybe he can teleport/ time travel around to sort things out?

Could be totally wrong of course, but it's fun to imagine. Can't wait until tomorrow when it's televised!!!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Lycan
    The hunt starts for the new toys today! Perfectly timed for me. I hope I can snag some of them this evening, especially Amy
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I never knew Captain John Hart (aka James Masters) was in Life on Mars.

Unless you mean the Master (John Simm) in which case you have mixed up Time Agents and Time Lords
    I did actually mean to put Time Lord D'oh!

Absolutely Brilliant Finale!
    Last edited by Toymaker; June 26, 2010 at 02:03pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Tweet Me!

I enjoyed the final episode, but it was a tad confusing and left a lot of questions unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    The hunt starts for the new toys today! Perfectly timed for me. I hope I can snag some of them this evening, especially Amy
    Amy looks good, but the ugly sticky-out kneepegs do spoil the figure a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Potential Spoiler Alert!

Did you notice in the episode with the Weeping Angels, when the angels took the Doctor's jacket he was wearing it again when he came back and kissed Amy on the forehead, through this and a few other little occurances in various episodes, there's a lot of speculation that this was the Doctor from the future coming back to put some things right to avoid the situation in the finale?
    I think he has River Song's Vortex Manipulator so maybe he can teleport/ time travel around to sort things out?

Could be totally wrong of course, but it's fun to imagine. Can't wait until tomorrow when it's televised!!!
    Nice call!

That was utterly fantastic. By far the best finale of NuWho yet. Full of great moments and it all seems to make sense - there was no handwaving anything away.

RTD did some really solid penultimate episodes, but the finales always fell short. This took everything great from last week and ratcheted it up to 10.

And Matt Smith is officially my favorite Doctor.

spoiler alert

I like the way Moffat uses time in his stories, especially the way they save all of existence and the way the Doctor gets out of the Pandorica by giving Rory the means to get him out of it which he does after he is already out...it is very hard to explain.

Also at then end when she was at the wedding I was actually standing in front of my TV, practically in tears, shouting "remember him, remember him... come on Amy...remember the Doctor"

I agree probably the best finale for a season of the new Who.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

With the first episode of series 6 being shown last night, thought it was time to bring this thread back.

Love how, with the characters established, rather than RTD's love of getting rid of a companion/doctor every season, we can just jump straight in with a two parter!
    Tweet Me!

I've read that they want to go back to being dark in the new season. I really do not think "dark" means to the Brits--or at least the Who writers--what it means to me. Dr. Who was dark last season, there was no break from it! Maybe it's the happy ending they're talking about? Torchwood Children of Earth, now that transcended dark and came around to "morbid" for me.

Loved the premiere. Really interesting how River Song is like TH White's Merlin, all her appearances seem to be chronologically backwards. Maybe that's how the Doctor will always know her? I just wonder. I like Kingston, I'm not eager to see a younger actress take over the part, but it seems inevitable.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I liked yesterday's first adventure. It was fun, like old friends re-uniting.

I wanna see more of Amy and Rory's new house.

River Song is always fun. I found it amusing that she can get out of jail whenever she wants and that it seems to be a regular occurrence.

"Spoilers!"

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Great premiere!

I'm a huge River fan, and I thought there were some great monsters. Plus, it's an intriguing premise to start the season with.