Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stinkor Mock-up

Stinkor Mock-up

Based on the Stinkor using Beastman's body thread, I decided to do a few pics. Personally I would love to see a more 200X look using some He-ro/Zodak parts but I think Mattel will go in this direction. These pics are a bit sloppy but they give the general idea. Although it really doesn't show up in the pics that well, I painted the upper layer of the boot in red so it would have the two-tone that Zodac's has. For some reason it doesn't show in the lower quality jpegs.

I thought this one was a bit more realistic than the red glove look

Closer to the cardback

What they'll probably do

200X What I hope they do
    Last edited by Jon14; April 8, 2010 at 06:46pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    The third one is the best and pretty close to how I would want him. The Beast-Man body should definitely be used for him. The only thing I would like to see different is the feet. I think Hordak's feet would look better because I am getting tired of seeing Skeletor's feet being used to much. A 200X touch on the head and armor would be a plus.

Really nice. I hadn't given much thought to his arms, this could be interesting! I guess I'm partial to the gloved hands/finned arms but he ought to have some sculpted fur on him too. Good call.

I'd love to see them add the gas tanks.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The hair body parts are a good choice. I prefer them for Stinkor. Great work!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i like stinkor to have fury beastman parts. two heads the mer-man repaint head & a 200x inspired head. a gas tank (the same tank that they would use for snout spout) that is removable. blue shield & a red blaster (same as zodac's).

Man I can't wait for Stinkor

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Thanks for making the mock-ups Jon14!
    I love the furry beastman body for Stinkor as well.
    imo, that's the only right way for Stinkor since he IS a skunk creature which is furry.

I also prefer the 3rd mock-up version with the 'Skeletor' gloves.
    I hope the classics figure will have a bit of 200x elements mixed into it,
    like an added oxygen mask + tanks,
    and more detailed technology parts on the armor.

The accessories Stinkor should come with:
    - Blue 'Castle Grayskull Weapons Rack' Shield/Buckler
    - Blue 'Zodak' Ray Gun (like he had in the comics, it's a must imo!)

The middle picture needs new feet to be even more accurate to the vintage card back art.

The vintage Stinkor and the 200x Stinkor look similair in lots of ways, but there are actually quite some differences between the vintage Stinkor and the 200x Stinkor.
    - 200x needs oxygen mask + tanks
    - 200x has the longer 'King Grayskull' loincloth
    - 200x has 'Hordak' feet
    - 200x needs new boots
    - 200x needs more detailed technology parts on the armor & belt
    - 200x needs a new head

Last edited by synthalus; April 6, 2010 at 08:13am.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Like everyone else, I think that's a cool mock up. My only change to reflect the old card art would be to replace Skeletor's feet in mock up # 3 with stratos' feet. Anyway, excellent work.

It's too bad that the Beast Man mold is one piece from the knee to the ankle, unlike most of the other MOTUC figures that have a mid-calf swivel. I like your mockups (particularly the first one-- he looks like he'd smell) but they all show him with furry calves. Unless Mattel springs for a new part, Stinkor would actually have to have smooth, hairless calves to plug into his boots.
    Last edited by geooco; April 6, 2010 at 08:58am. Reason: my typing sucks
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Hmm...I really like the Beastman arms and the painted hands! Especially the closed hands, since I'd like him to hold things. The longer Beastman arms just seem to add more to the character, where the Skeletor "evil arms" make him more beefy and kinda take away from the skunky look.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I hope they give him a new head.

Will they? Probably not.

If they do, will it actually be on him? Probably not.

These are the situations when I miss 200X the most.

2 heads have been confirmed a looong time ago.. Together with the Mossman confirmation

I really love the 200X Stinkor design. I hope we get the tanks on his back as a separate piece, alternate heads, and Odiphus. That might be asking for a little much though.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    200x stinkor was vey well done and the best design for him. i can't wait to see what the 4 Horsemen do w/ him!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I like the third one best. I'm not a big fan of the oxygen tanks (because of what they represent) but should be included as removable accessories for those that want them.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I think I like the second one best.. 3rd one works fine too. I'm also hoping for some more 200X features.. and I can't wait to smell that guy.. ( i don't say that too often!) Anyway.. bring him on... and soon!

I like #3
    If we could have a Stinkor that looks like #3 but with Trap Jaw's lower legs and Hordak's feet it would be AWESOME!! (kinda hating that a lot of evil warriors have Skelly legs. The Hordak legs need some love)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I like the "closer to the cardback" one. Number two.

You could use the Hordak/MAA gloved hands for him instead of the claws.
    Not sure what to do for his legs and feet, other than maybe use Beastman calves and stratos feet? (to get it closer to the cardback art)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Really nice work you did on the mock-ups. I think I like the first one the best. It's a toss up between the first and third.

Stinkor was always one of my favorites, right alongside Spikor. I just hope that they do him proper with patchouli oil.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Cool on the two heads.

Hate to be a wet blanket but I'm prepared to be disappointed though.

I know it will have that idiotic Mer-Man head on it. Blah. Sucks to be a carded collector, I guess.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    WOW!!! All of them are great mock ups!!! I have to say my preference is the second one though. I have to agree about the feet part though. Give him the Hordak feet.

Being more into the 200x line, I think it would be cool to see Trap Jaw's shins, Hordaks feet and and a new head with removeable backpack. Maybe He-Ro's gauntlets would work too, just to give him more of a techie feel.

- First off I wanna say great job with the mock-ups Jon14. Its very cool having a chance to look at some potential choices. Its probably unlikely Mattel will toss in new sculpts like gloves/boots but this kinda shows us the foundation for a Stinkor. Thanks for the efforts.

- IMO I'd prefer a more 'tech' look to merge him amongst Trap-Jaw and Optikk. I like the version with Skelly's forearms and the painted gloves the most but i'd like TJ's lower legs up to the knee with Hordak's feet. I basically would like a vintage/200X hybrid. I'd like to see him with orange Zodak gloves though. I think I'd like it better than the Skelly forearms.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Stinkor was always one of my favorites, right alongside Spikor. I just hope that they do him proper with patchouli oil.
    In Pixel Dan's Toy Fair video.. Toyguru did say that Stinkor would smell of Patchuli oil.. Which should mean that Stinkor is a work in progress.. I’d imagine if we don’t see Stinkor at SDCC.. then we should see him at a reveal shortly thereafter..

Could be wishful thinking.. Stinkor’s my #1 most awaited.. He-Man and Stinkor were my first two action figures I ever owned..

All like all three of those mock-ups. But I am going to say that #3 is my favorite, followed by #1 and then #2 would be last.