Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stinkor Mock-up

I like #3 the best.

After looking at the staction Stinkor in this thread, (thanks for posting the pics,) his head is VERY close to what his original looked like. If they do just the Merman head, that's cool with me. I know it was stated that he'd get 2 heads, but I don't see a need for it unless it's attached to the breather & removable tanks.

I agree with the notion of giving MOTUC Stinkor Hordak's feet.
    I want my other half.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Will have to agree with those that like Skunk-man #2. I want him to look like on the cardback. And of course I want him to use the BeastMan body as the base.

I really hope the 4H will lobby for a more cardback-accurate Stinkor, instead of staying too close to the original figure.

It's one of those cases were the 200x version totally destroys the classic look. I'm hoping for a cool compromise a la Webstor.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    There are some great ideas in this thread, but I'm 99% sure that he'll just be a repaint of Mer-Man because that is what the 80's figure was and that seems to be the dictating aesthetic. I think the most variation we'll get is maybe an alt head or extra backpack attachment (a-la the staction).

Those mock-ups stink.

Bah-Dump-Bump-Pssh.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

My favorite mock up is # 3, which is closest to the original toy version. Overall prefer MOTUC figures to represent their original toy over the card art. However, I think when Stinkor is revealed, he'll look great either way.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

A big fan of Slush Head
    Number 2 and 3 look awesome. But for some reason I like number 2 more than number 3.
    So I'll go with number 2. I like the cardbackart.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Cool mock-ups!

I prefer #3 as well. And I think it's likely that they will end up using Beastman's body, instead of Mer-Man's, since they have been basing this line off the original figures AND the original cardbacks, plus a dash of other elements like 200x or the style guides, etc. I say this because, looking at the cardback, it almost seems like the original figure may have been a "production error" and was originally intended to have used Beastman's body. Or maybe they consciously decided to just use Mer-Man's entire figure since that way they'd be able to give him the gloves and boots.

And while I think they could easily use Beastman's hands, and say Stratos' feet, to get a design closer to the cardback, I think it makes more sense for him to be wearing boots and gloves anyway, if you think about it... Because, otherwise, everything he touched and stepped on, could potentially end up stinking!

So that is my reasoning as to why I'd prefer a Stinkor just like your 3rd mock-up: Mer-Man head, Beastman body, Zodac hands and feet/boots.
    – No comment.

they are all good,but i like the third one best,great i job! beastman shoulders bicepts and upper thighs look good!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Hey, looks like you used my custom Stinkor I did a while back...
    To be honest, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the Beast Man body on Stinkor. I would be most happy with the 3rd mock up.
    Last edited by masterenglish; April 7, 2010 at 12:00am.

I'm not too fussed - just as long as he looks like he should. As crazy as it sounds, I would prefer that they don't change the body if they are going to do a nod to the classic. A Beast Man body sounds logical, but I don't think it will feel right.

I am confused about the possibility of two heads? What will the second head look like? When I saw the classic MOTUC Mer Man head, I knew it was sculpted for Stinkor.

I am expecting to be underwhelmed by Stinkor - mostly because there will be no new parts. And adding Odiphus won't help.

On a side note, how perfect is that Stinkor staction!

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Hey, looks like you used my custom Stinkor I did a while back...
    To be honest, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the Beast Man body on Stinkor. I would be most happy with the 3rd mock up.
    I probably did. I did use someone's custom for the armor and head. I got the images online, but didn't know who did the awesome custom.

Heroic Warrior
    Number 2 gets my vote.

I just updated the pics at the beginning of this thread, adding also the hordak feet

Cool,
    for the 200x look can you make one with Hordak feet, trapjaw shins and Zodak gloves please?

I like the 3rd one as well. I guess if they wanted the vintage feel but wanted to spice it up they could give him Hordak's feet as others have suggested and I also propose that Hordak's gloved forearms would look nice on him as well. But if they make him just like the 3rd mock up I'll be happy because I lean more toward the vintage figure anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    ...I'm not a big fan of the oxygen tanks (because of what they represent)...
    So you're anti oxygen? I guess I can see that. Oxygen brings life. The absence of oxygen brings death. Life is good. Death is bad. And well you're all about the bad. So that makes sense. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it and it's really 200X you don't like.

Those all look great, now I'm even MORE anxious to see how he'll look.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    So you're anti oxygen? I guess I can see that. Oxygen brings life. The absence of oxygen brings death. Life is good. Death is bad. And well you're all about the bad. So that makes sense. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it and it's really 200X you don't like.
    No, it's the first one. I tend to forget that the vast majority of mortals are hoplessly addicted to oxygen to sustain themselves. There are a miniscule amount of enlightened individuals that have transcended this dependency and are able to derive nutrients from other elements in the atmosphere (carbon, nitrogen, argon...).

But mainly I disike the O2 tanks because it means that Stinkor can't handle his own stink! The Stinkor I know and love swims in his own stench and loves it. I don't like the fact that with the oxygen tanks, anybody else with oxygen tanks can walk up to Stinkor, take off his tanks and immobolize Stinkor. To me, that's just weakening an awesome character for no reason. I mean their fighting freakin' He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe! The bad guys need all the advantages they can get. They need to get more strengths! Not more weaknesses, Faker Jr.!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I thought the tanks helped contained his stench and focus his ability?

As for the mock-ups, I like #3, and the Hordak feet one.
    I don't think card-back art is going to apply to anyone other than the 8-back, so I don't see it happening. Based on Evil-Lyn and others so far, anyway...
    Last edited by Whiplash7; April 7, 2010 at 05:15pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post

But mainly I disike the O2 tanks because it means that Stinkor can't handle his own stink! The Stinkor I know and love swims in his own stench and loves it. I don't like the fact that with the oxygen tanks, anybody else with oxygen tanks can walk up to Stinkor, take off his tanks and immobolize Stinkor. To me, that's just weakening an awesome character for no reason. I mean their fighting freakin' He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe! The bad guys need all the advantages they can get. They need to get more strengths! Not more weaknesses, Faker Jr.!
    Yeah I kinda have to agree with this. I was quite disappointed to find out that 200x Stinkor needed to wear airtanks because he couldn't stand his own smell. That weakness makes him WAY too easy to defeat and I really wish that flaw had never been added to the character.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The last pic. Just switch the black Beastman feet with orange Stratos sock feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I thought the tanks helped contained his stench and focus his ability?
    That's right. The tanks keep much of the stench contained. Remember, before he got the armor, Stinkor was running around without the tanks and caused a stampede. He wasn't effected by his own smell.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 7, 2010 at 05:25pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The last pic. Just switch the black Beastman feet with orange Stratos sock feet.
    Going all vintage on us now?

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MGM?

He would want some 200X love in there somewhere.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That's right. The tanks keep much of the stench contained. Remember, before he got the armor, Stinkor was running around without the tanks and caused a stampede. He wasn't effected by his own smell.
    Nope. Sorry. I don't buy it. If it was just compressed air (to focus his stench in a particular direction) then there would be no need for the blue mouth/nose covering if the stench didn't bother him.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 7, 2010 at 06:19pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    I vote for mockup number 3 !

Not only is it 80's acccurate, but it also has 2 hands that are able to "grab" an item ! This way, we could give Stinkor a weapon if we wanted !

Now, I wonder how Stinkor would look like with a tank of oxygen (200x influence)...