Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: How would you justify a Blonde Teela Variant/Redeco?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,819

    How would you justify a Blonde Teela Variant/Redeco?

    We've seen what I think are two great examples of a variant being recreated as a new character: Zodak & The Goddess (green).

    Well, Toyguru has mentioned that figures might likely be redeco'd if they appeared differently in the different media that Mattel has ownership of...

    We know we will probably get 200X Evil-Lyn, Blonde Teela, 200X Randor, etc.

    (REQUEST: please do not turn this thread into an argument about getting a full-fledged 200X He-Man or Skeletor... pretty please?? )


    So, how would you explain Blonde Teela?

    I have my own theories: that she could be Teela'Na, and that the Barbarian He-Man in the first few mini-comics was Wun-Dar, and that when Teela'Na became the Sorceress, she became immortal, for a time... hence her youthful appearance and beauty 500 years later...

    Teela'Na has been a red-head in all the media we know, so that's not necessarily the best explanation...

    My other theory is that Blonde "Teela" is the living Sharella, and that Wun-Dar is Barbarian He-Man, Karak Nul is "Skeletor," etc., and the first few mini-comics are "legends," legends of the Eternian people, and thus the iconic images of He-Man, Teela, Skeletor, Beast Man, etc., are used in place of how these characters might have looked.

    Not sure... I can't wait to find out if there WILL be an explanation...
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior Swanmarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,769
    I actually envisaged Blonde/DC Teela to be the same character as normal Teela - just wearing a different outfit and sporting lighter strawberry-blonde coloured hair. A bit like how BA He-Man is same He-Man, different outfit.

    I like to think of the bikini Teela outfit as a 'training' outfit, used within the palace grounds. However as evil strikes unexpectedly, sometimes she is caught wearing it when it comes time for battle.

  3. #3
    Teela's Cup Barer Teela-Na's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I actually envisaged Blonde/DC Teela to be the same character as normal Teela - just wearing a different outfit and sporting lighter strawberry-blonde coloured hair. A bit like how BA He-Man is same He-Man, different outfit.

    I like to think of the bikini Teela outfit as a 'training' outfit, used within the palace grounds. However as evil strikes unexpectedly, sometimes she is caught wearing it when it comes time for battle.
    Does that also mean that if Teela is taking a bath and evil strikes unexpectedly, sometimes she is caught in the nude or only wearing a towel when it comes time for battle?

    I thnk Teela could just have dyed her hair blonde or had highlights. After all, lots of people go by a different hair color sometimes. Scarlett Johansson has red hair at the moment. No-one thinks she's a different person.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

  4. #4
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,518
    A Sorceress can appear as any age...and with any hair color
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cutler Bay, FL
    Posts
    275
    A blonde Teela could be easily justified if they ever decide to continue the DCUC vs MOTUC two packs or if Mattel decides to do a spin-off line of MOTUC classics that includes reprints of either the DC comics or the mini-comics in which they appeared in the deco that the figure is released in.

  6. #6
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    A Sorceress can appear as any age...and with any hair color
    Best reason right there, thanks Jim!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  7. #7
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,128
    But Sharella was a brunette...with a bow!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior superdoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In the sunshine state of Florida
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    A Sorceress can appear as any age...and with any hair color
    True. I'm sure they'll come up with something. Having her tied to the savage He-Man might make sense to them too.

    Regardless of what they come up with I like my blond Teela already (thanks to Baena) and she doesn't have any justification at the moment. I have her, He-Man and clean shaven Man-At-Arms displayed together in all their mini-comic glory.

    Come to think of it IF the blonde head is just an extra pack in they might not explain it at all. They didn't have merman's two head explained or man-at-arms (although a razor explains his).

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior Rosicrucian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    389
    Put her in a versus pack with a comic reprint featuring blonde Teela. Problem solved.

  10. #10
    Master of weapons Man At Arms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Grayskull armory and Lantana, FL
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    I thnk Teela could just have dyed her hair blonde or had highlights. After all, lots of people go by a different hair color sometimes. Scarlett Johansson has red hair at the moment. No-one thinks she's a different person.
    I agree with Teela-Na, we don't need to overthink this one that much. Yeah the different stories are great and all but let's just say she went to Eternia's Walgreens and wanted to see if Prince Adam would notice any different about her appearance
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

  11. #11
    Eternian Sorcerer zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    11,798
    Like others have said, I think Blonde Teela should simply be one of the next DCUC Vs. MOTUC 2-Pack figures.
    There doesn't have to be an explanation trying to make her into an all-new character for me. Something like blonde Teela and Stratos with jetpack and wing colors reveresed are in my opinion ideal candidates for the TRU 2-Packs and don't really need to be taking up slots anywhere on Matty Collector.

  12. #12
    *THE ORIGINAL* Hek-tor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    eh..where I am?
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    So, how would you explain Blonde Teela?
    She discovered bleach!

  13. #13
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,819
    Bleach, hmm...

    Blee-Chor, master of smelly liquids
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  14. #14
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    We've seen what I think are two great examples of a variant being recreated as a new character: Zodak & The Goddess (green).

    Well, Toyguru has mentioned that figures might likely be redeco'd if they appeared differently in the different media that Mattel has ownership of...

    We know we will probably get 200X Evil-Lyn, Blonde Teela, 200X Randor, etc.

    (REQUEST: please do not turn this thread into an argument about getting a full-fledged 200X He-Man or Skeletor... pretty please?? )


    So, how would you explain Blonde Teela?

    I have my own theories: that she could be Teela'Na, and that the Barbarian He-Man in the first few mini-comics was Wun-Dar, and that when Teela'Na became the Sorceress, she became immortal, for a time... hence her youthful appearance and beauty 500 years later...

    Teela'Na has been a red-head in all the media we know, so that's not necessarily the best explanation...

    My other theory is that Blonde "Teela" is the living Sharella, and that Wun-Dar is Barbarian He-Man, Karak Nul is "Skeletor," etc., and the first few mini-comics are "legends," legends of the Eternian people, and thus the iconic images of He-Man, Teela, Skeletor, Beast Man, etc., are used in place of how these characters might have looked.

    Not sure... I can't wait to find out if there WILL be an explanation...

    This is what I decided kinda to totally. Except including green Goddess for first issue. Think Matty is going with this abit as well, as I wanted them too. green Goddess, Wun-Dar the Savage He-Man and Karak Nul, the Skeletor from another dimension. First Mini-Comic. And blonde Teela is Previous either Sharella, or Teela Na, ect.

  15. #15
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,517
    Just a hair colour repaint I do not really need. A DC blonde Teela would be cool.

  16. #16
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,541
    I would love a DC Bikini Teela most.

    The blonde "Teela" could be Sharella as previously stated, working alongside Vikor or even King Grayskull perhaps. I think that she would have already been the Goddess by Wun-Dar's time, though, appearing green then, as that was only 100 years before Adam's time. I also hope that the Skeletor of that time is either Karak Nul (although I would like to see his design be totally different altogether from Skeletor's) or Demo-Man, which I would prefer. Karak Nul was said to be a bounty hunter and I don't get that impression from the mini-comic Skeletor.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Way to Go Club Etheria!

  17. #17
    HeroicUniter PrinceAdam101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,926
    I'm wondering if, when they re-release Teela, that she will have two new heads, and not the first two we got.

    One head is the 200X anime hair, and the other a blonde re-paint of the unhelmeted Teela.

    Anyway, I'd buy her... but only for the 200X head. I consider her to be Young Teela, as 200X Adam is Young Adam...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bouncing around between NC, SC and CA...
    Posts
    102

    Blonde Teela Sold Seperately

    Blonde Teela is really just Beach Vacation Teela. She comes instead with bleached blonde hair, bikini and a cooler of High Life. So much of the confusion comes because she was actually released with Mattel's Barbie series instead of MOTU. Also worth mentioning was Body-Board Prince Adam and Vollyball Mekaneck, who at that time had crossed through a portal and gotten Ken in trouble by stealing Barbie's car and taking it on a joyride. Yeah, not really though. But I think with Veena, Sharella The Goddess, the Sorceress and Warrior Goddess Teela... That's enough for me. I can totally pass this whole thing off as she was going through a phase one summer so she bleached her hair and got skimpy on her wardrobe. Just another reason for us to love the Teela style.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •