We've seen what I think are two great examples of a variant being recreated as a new character: Zodak & The Goddess (green).

Well, Toyguru has mentioned that figures might likely be redeco'd if they appeared differently in the different media that Mattel has ownership of...

We know we will probably get 200X Evil-Lyn, Blonde Teela, 200X Randor, etc.

(REQUEST: please do not turn this thread into an argument about getting a full-fledged 200X He-Man or Skeletor... pretty please?? )

So, how would you explain Blonde Teela?

I have my own theories: that she could be Teela'Na, and that the Barbarian He-Man in the first few mini-comics was Wun-Dar, and that when Teela'Na became the Sorceress, she became immortal, for a time... hence her youthful appearance and beauty 500 years later...

Teela'Na has been a red-head in all the media we know, so that's not necessarily the best explanation...

My other theory is that Blonde "Teela" is the living Sharella, and that Wun-Dar is Barbarian He-Man, Karak Nul is "Skeletor," etc., and the first few mini-comics are "legends," legends of the Eternian people, and thus the iconic images of He-Man, Teela, Skeletor, Beast Man, etc., are used in place of how these characters might have looked.

Not sure... I can't wait to find out if there WILL be an explanation...