Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you justify a Blonde Teela Variant/Redeco?

How would you justify a Blonde Teela Variant/Redeco?

We've seen what I think are two great examples of a variant being recreated as a new character: Zodak & The Goddess (green).

Well, Toyguru has mentioned that figures might likely be redeco'd if they appeared differently in the different media that Mattel has ownership of...

We know we will probably get 200X Evil-Lyn, Blonde Teela, 200X Randor, etc.

(REQUEST: please do not turn this thread into an argument about getting a full-fledged 200X He-Man or Skeletor... pretty please?? )

So, how would you explain Blonde Teela?

I have my own theories: that she could be Teela'Na, and that the Barbarian He-Man in the first few mini-comics was Wun-Dar, and that when Teela'Na became the Sorceress, she became immortal, for a time... hence her youthful appearance and beauty 500 years later...

Teela'Na has been a red-head in all the media we know, so that's not necessarily the best explanation...

My other theory is that Blonde "Teela" is the living Sharella, and that Wun-Dar is Barbarian He-Man, Karak Nul is "Skeletor," etc., and the first few mini-comics are "legends," legends of the Eternian people, and thus the iconic images of He-Man, Teela, Skeletor, Beast Man, etc., are used in place of how these characters might have looked.

Not sure... I can't wait to find out if there WILL be an explanation...
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I actually envisaged Blonde/DC Teela to be the same character as normal Teela - just wearing a different outfit and sporting lighter strawberry-blonde coloured hair. A bit like how BA He-Man is same He-Man, different outfit.

I like to think of the bikini Teela outfit as a 'training' outfit, used within the palace grounds. However as evil strikes unexpectedly, sometimes she is caught wearing it when it comes time for battle.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    She discovered bleach!

Bleach, hmm...

Blee-Chor, master of smelly liquids
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    We've seen what I think are two great examples of a variant being recreated as a new character: Zodak & The Goddess (green).

Well, Toyguru has mentioned that figures might likely be redeco'd if they appeared differently in the different media that Mattel has ownership of...

We know we will probably get 200X Evil-Lyn, Blonde Teela, 200X Randor, etc.

(REQUEST: please do not turn this thread into an argument about getting a full-fledged 200X He-Man or Skeletor... pretty please?? )

I have my own theories: that she could be Teela'Na, and that the Barbarian He-Man in the first few mini-comics was Wun-Dar, and that when Teela'Na became the Sorceress, she became immortal, for a time... hence her youthful appearance and beauty 500 years later...

Teela'Na has been a red-head in all the media we know, so that's not necessarily the best explanation...

My other theory is that Blonde "Teela" is the living Sharella, and that Wun-Dar is Barbarian He-Man, Karak Nul is "Skeletor," etc., and the first few mini-comics are "legends," legends of the Eternian people, and thus the iconic images of He-Man, Teela, Skeletor, Beast Man, etc., are used in place of how these characters might have looked.

Not sure... I can't wait to find out if there WILL be an explanation...

This is what I decided kinda to totally. Except including green Goddess for first issue. Think Matty is going with this abit as well, as I wanted them too. green Goddess, Wun-Dar the Savage He-Man and Karak Nul, the Skeletor from another dimension. First Mini-Comic. And blonde Teela is Previous either Sharella, or Teela Na, ect.

Just a hair colour repaint I do not really need. A DC blonde Teela would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I actually envisaged Blonde/DC Teela to be the same character as normal Teela - just wearing a different outfit and sporting lighter strawberry-blonde coloured hair. A bit like how BA He-Man is same He-Man, different outfit.

I like to think of the bikini Teela outfit as a 'training' outfit, used within the palace grounds. However as evil strikes unexpectedly, sometimes she is caught wearing it when it comes time for battle.
    Does that also mean that if Teela is taking a bath and evil strikes unexpectedly, sometimes she is caught in the nude or only wearing a towel when it comes time for battle?

I thnk Teela could just have dyed her hair blonde or had highlights. After all, lots of people go by a different hair color sometimes. Scarlett Johansson has red hair at the moment. No-one thinks she's a different person.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

A Sorceress can appear as any age...and with any hair color
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    A blonde Teela could be easily justified if they ever decide to continue the DCUC vs MOTUC two packs or if Mattel decides to do a spin-off line of MOTUC classics that includes reprints of either the DC comics or the mini-comics in which they appeared in the deco that the figure is released in.

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    I thnk Teela could just have dyed her hair blonde or had highlights. After all, lots of people go by a different hair color sometimes. Scarlett Johansson has red hair at the moment. No-one thinks she's a different person.
    I agree with Teela-Na, we don't need to overthink this one that much. Yeah the different stories are great and all but let's just say she went to Eternia's Walgreens and wanted to see if Prince Adam would notice any different about her appearance
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

Like others have said, I think Blonde Teela should simply be one of the next DCUC Vs. MOTUC 2-Pack figures.
    There doesn't have to be an explanation trying to make her into an all-new character for me. Something like blonde Teela and Stratos with jetpack and wing colors reveresed are in my opinion ideal candidates for the TRU 2-Packs and don't really need to be taking up slots anywhere on Matty Collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Best reason right there, thanks Jim!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

But Sharella was a brunette...with a bow!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    True. I'm sure they'll come up with something. Having her tied to the savage He-Man might make sense to them too.

Regardless of what they come up with I like my blond Teela already (thanks to Baena) and she doesn't have any justification at the moment. I have her, He-Man and clean shaven Man-At-Arms displayed together in all their mini-comic glory.

Come to think of it IF the blonde head is just an extra pack in they might not explain it at all. They didn't have merman's two head explained or man-at-arms (although a razor explains his).

Put her in a versus pack with a comic reprint featuring blonde Teela. Problem solved.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    They don't have to explain everything. Teela being blonde might be similar to Queen Marlena being a redhead, a brunette (200X) and elderly (Pre-Filmation) in different canons.
    The head that goes on your figure depends on your personal canon.

However, I could totally see Blonde "DC Comics Bikini" Teela being some precursor to the modern redheaded Teela, just like Barbarian He-Man is the precursor to Adam. Nice nod to King of Castle Grayskull if Barbarian He-Man took Blonde Teela as his queen. (Yeah, I know King of Castle Grayskull had Teela as a redhead...)

Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 9, 2010 at 02:37pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    As of now I have the following:

The Goddess: Sharella at all points in time.
    Teela (w/ cobra): Mini Comic Tee'La, after she took her armor.
    Teela (w/o cobra): Duncan's daughter

If they do the blond Teela, I see the following options for her on my shelf:
    -She's the mini comic version, accompanying DC He-Man on the shelf, and Cobra woman becomes Sharella during Preternia.
    -She's from another universe.
    -She's the clone of the Goddess Tee'La, while Teela is the daughter of the Sorceress, and both exist at the same time and know one another. Teela can be a akin to the name Mary.

As for Sharella being a brunette with a bowl cut, I always thought she was a brunette, who was Eldor's wife and that they'd raised Gray. That's out the window now.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Shining in the Darkness Chronicler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosicrucian View Post
    Put her in a versus pack with a comic reprint featuring blonde Teela. Problem solved.
    *ding ding ding* We have a winner. Toss in Wonder Woman, ship it to TRU, problem solved. No need to use up a monthly/quarterly bonus spot. Then you don't need an in-story explanation either.
    ATTENTION:
    I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I don't care to have blonde Teela, and I hope she is never part of a subscription.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    *ding ding ding* We have a winner. Toss in Wonder Woman, ship it to TRU, problem solved. No need to use up a monthly/quarterly bonus spot. Then you don't need an in-story explanation either.
    Releasing a blonde variant for DC vs MOTUC would work for the blonde alt head.

Another way is to release the blonde head variant with the DC Comics outfit depicted above. Kill two birds with one stone.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    This is something that would be perfect for the "extra heads pack" idea that has been thrown around. Now, I'm not exactly behind that idea because I prefer weapons packs/mini comics before heads but "blonde comics teela" isn't really that much of a difference to warrant an actual figure is it? Would be great for an extra head though.

I think that comics version that MegaGearMax posted would justify a bonus figure though. "DC Bikini blonde Teela"? Funny how she wears He-Man style belt/panties.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I just want to point out that my intention here was to have fun discussing this.

Obviously they don't HAVE to explain her blonde hair. I just thought it would be fun to see what everyone came up with

There is no right or wrong answer.

I think maybe some of you took my wondering about a justification too literally. I just think it's fun hearing people's ideas

I'd rather see some kind of conglomeration of bikini DC comics Teela & blonde long haired mini comics Teela in a potential DC 2pack, instead of just a re-Release of regular Teela with blonde hair.

In any case, they need to retool the head pin so it is shorter and she doesn't have a head that rests almost slightly ABOVE her neck, like my figure

If she looked like she did in the DC 3 parter. Then yea bring her on. But to just get a blonde haired Teela is a bit much for 27 bucks.

then give us a head pack.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I would love a DC Bikini Teela most.

The blonde "Teela" could be Sharella as previously stated, working alongside Vikor or even King Grayskull perhaps. I think that she would have already been the Goddess by Wun-Dar's time, though, appearing green then, as that was only 100 years before Adam's time. I also hope that the Skeletor of that time is either Karak Nul (although I would like to see his design be totally different altogether from Skeletor's) or Demo-Man, which I would prefer. Karak Nul was said to be a bounty hunter and I don't get that impression from the mini-comic Skeletor.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'm wondering if, when they re-release Teela, that she will have two new heads, and not the first two we got.

One head is the 200X anime hair, and the other a blonde re-paint of the unhelmeted Teela.

Anyway, I'd buy her... but only for the 200X head. I consider her to be Young Teela, as 200X Adam is Young Adam...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!