Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bravestarr Appreciation Thread

"Once I ruled with legions of evil...now I shall rule again."

Stampede was cool
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post
    I don't see why not they were both Mattel properties heck they could combine the two & make a new background/bio for Rio Blast that might make sense (cowboy on a fantasy world).
    Actually Bravestarr is a Classic Media property as part of the Filmation library. Mattel never owned any rights to the show.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Actually Bravestarr is a Classic Media property as part of the Filmation library. Mattel never owned any rights to the show.
    But Mattel did make the toys. I suppose its possible they still have the rights to that.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    But Mattel did make the toys. I suppose its possible they still have the rights to that.
    Interesting point. It would be so cool to see a Bravestarr Classics! I can't imagine what the 4 horsemen could do with .30/.30!
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

I've always loved the Bravestarr show. For some reason I saw it as a spin off of MOTU, heck it was even mentioned as a possible spin off in the series bible.

I'll always say that Rio Blast was a way for Mattel to try to get MOTU fans into Bravestarr. It's the only way to explain how a space cowboy ends up on Eternia.

I'd love to see Bravestarr in MOTU Classics.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I really don't see Bravestarr as a spin off of MOTU. I'll take them as entirely separate entities.

That being said, I'd love to see this cartoon make a comeback. With some updating and tweaking, it could be the next big fad. So far we've had Aliens, Pirates, and now Vampires. Why not Sci-Fi Westerns?

I kind of wish I didn't get to thinking about Bravestarr and 30/30 as MOTUC figures... because now I really want to see them. Petition anyone?

Awesomeness all over, the cartoon rocked and the toys where awesome, although I never owned any of those toys (at that time I was more into M.A.S.K. and Lego), but I played with them a lot at a friends house. He was a spoiled rich kid and his room was a toy store, he really owned every cool toy you could get.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I believe Mattel licensed the rights from Filmation back in the day. I'm sure on the old ER website it stated all rights in all media and merchandise worldwide (He-Man and She-Ra said all rights, except toys = Mattel)
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    I kind of wish I didn't get to thinking about Bravestarr and 30/30 as MOTUC figures... because now I really want to see them. Petition anyone?
    There is a thread about it in the Classics forum:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=175838
    They'd fit in nicely with Rio Blast.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I thought the show was based on the toys (mainly due to the fact the toys came first) which would mean that Mattel can do whatever they want with them. if they own them.
    Last edited by tmthor; April 17, 2010 at 07:39pm.

I have recently been on a mission with Bravestarr/MOTUC by starting a Poll and restarting the Bravestarr in MOTUC thread.

I didn't even know about the connection between Bravestarr and MOTU until I saw this;
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Bravestarr was a concept developed by Filmation in collaboration with Mattel.
    (and on a side not, part of the concept was to make it a spin-off of MOTU).

The 2 companies had a close relationship back then but the idea definitely started at Filmation.
    I don't know if Mattel kept any rights to the toys, but the concept in probably entirely in the hands of the Filmation library owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Wasn't a crossover planned back in the day? I think I read something about that somewhere but don't remember where.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    No, no crossover planned, but the whole Bravestarr concept originated at Filmation as another He-Man spinn-off.
    He-Man was supposed to appear at the beginning of the series and be the inspiration for Bravestarr to become a Marshall (or something like that, I'd need to reread the documents)
    I have never been a fan of Westerns but for some reason I loved Bravestarr, maybe it was the Sci-Fi elements

A new fan page has been registered but the owner hasn't updated anything to it yet, Bravestarr.org

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    A new fan page has been registered but the owner hasn't updated anything to it yet, Bravestarr.org
    That was the website run by he-man.org member Bravestarr. I was a member of the forums there (although it was pretty dead and started to have spammers). The site had some good information about the toys and series. I stopped being able to access it a few months ago. I assume the site is still his.

I just watched 10 episodes that I got at dollar tree. Overall, I thought it was an ok cartoon.

I did get frustrated by the prairie people. They made it a little too childish. And their voices were annoying.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I just watched 10 episodes that I got at dollar tree. Overall, I thought it was an ok cartoon.

I did get frustrated by the prairie people. They made it a little too childish. And their voices were annoying.
    Was that a Mill Creek release? They have any other cartoon sets there?

Yeah, it's Mill Creek. Other than MOTU 200x, I don't think they have any others. They may have gotten more in. I bought this over a month ago, and just never got around to watching it.

LOVE Bravestarr, I still want a live action movie witht he right director it would look PHENOMENAL

my dream cast:

the Rock as Marshall Bravestarr
    Jessica Biel as Judge JB
    Sam Elliot as Angus McBride
    Graham Greene as Shaman
    No thoughts for Tex Hex yet. just a good actor that can play his personality.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'll look into getting the whole series. Maybe pick it up if it's cheap.

Not sure I can stand more prairie people though. Man, they really hurt that cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Man At Arms View Post
    Interesting point. It would be so cool to see a Bravestarr Classics! I can't imagine what the 4 horsemen could do with .30/.30!
    I totally agree! I would so like to see a Bravestarr revival!
    I have fond memories of watching Bravestarr on VHS as a kid, and recently started re-watching all the episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I'll look into getting the whole series. Maybe pick it up if it's cheap.

Not sure I can stand more prairie people though. Man, they really hurt that cartoon.
    you won't like that one one of the dvds there is a Prairie People pilot tv show!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I wish there was a shirt to buy. Nothing comes up on Ebay or Amazon

Heroic Warrior
    I'm a fan of Bravestarr I think its one of the best cartoons of that era,I was in 9th grade when it was on but still watched.I still catch it on RTV.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Moviebob has A neat little video that takes A look at 'Bravestarr'.

Oh...didn't know there was already a thread here on Bravestarr when I started my thread:http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...n-on-Filmation just used those videos (including his one on Ghostbusters) as conversation starter on whether anyone here watch Bob's videos, if there could be a civilized conversation on the topic of him. I'm baffled by the sheer amount of loud psychotic trolls his blog attracts. It's as if having an opinion on ANYTHING on the internet is a declaration of war...or maybe it's cause he gets revenue form the Escapist and ScrewAttack for his videos and that's what ruffles the trolls' feathers?
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail