Thread: Mattel should make a 200X Sorcess

Heroic Warrior

Mattel should make a 200X Sorcess

All they have to do is repaint teela and make a new head. I think she'd make a great bonus figure and it'd be nice to have a sorceress. The filmation version is probably planned further down the road and the 200X version is something they can do now.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Agreed. It would be easy but DOWN the road! I SO want the Filmation Sorceress first!!

I think it would be a bit more involved than you're saying but I would love to see this version of The Sorceress down the road a bit.

It could be a former Sorceress (after Veena, before "Teela'Na), or even battle armor for The Sorceress. Heck, it could even be Teela after she takes on the mantle!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I would like to see MOTUC versions of ALL the Sorceresses. So far we have both "Goddesses," now we just need:

1) Filmation Sorceress/80's toy version
    2) Koduk Ungol (when they get Filmation rights)
    3) NA mini-comic Sorceres
    4) NA TV Sorceress (When they get Jetlag rights)
    5) MYP Sorceress
    6) Veena
    7) Filmation Teelana
    8) MYP Teelana

...and POSSIBLY the pink and the white versions of the 80's toy Sorceress shown in the minis.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Good point, Darkspecter! Of those, I would most like to see:

-Classic/Filmation
    -NA Mini-Comic
    -MYP/200X
    -pink Classic
    -white Classic
    -MYP Teelana (if Stinkor doesn't come with Odiphous, she could!)
    -Veena
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd want them all as well. I prefer Filmation/Classic Sorceress first though. And to add to the list, I'd like an all white/translucent Sorceress from the Earl Norem artwork for the cover of the Sword of She-Ra. I thought she really captured the classic feel of the Sorceress standing in the clouds bestowing power on She-Ra's sword. I'm guessing it was the Sorceress in Spirit form or something but the cover was and is still really striking to me.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Already a thread for this (assuming you mean Sorceress )

Also... why am I still reading threads about 200x this and that? Let it go already
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I'd love a 200x Sorceress. Oh and keep the 200x love coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Also... why am I still reading threads about 200x this and that? Let it go already
    Why does this site exist at all? MOTU was a crude toyline from the 80s that tanked at retail and has never been able to reestablish itself in the mainstream. The fact is the only reason any of this discussion exists at all is because we have some emotional investment in the property. To some of us 200X is what MOTU is all about, and no amount of complaining and none of mattel's odd policies are going to change that. If 200X fans have to let it go then so do Filmation fans because right now those are truly off limits and not just limited by Mattel policy. But its a little funny how I don't see anybody posting these sort of comments in pro-Filmation threads.

By the way I know you aren't big on the 200X stuff and I'm not trying to be confrontational I'm just letting off some steam.
    Last edited by Battle_Brak; April 10, 2010 at 04:51pm.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

I was at a friends loft apt. the other day and he showed me some of his collection, most of which is 200X stuff. He has the 200X Sorceress staction figure in the classic colors.

Now, THERE'S a figure...!

I know they will never make that version, but it sure would be nice if they did, as it just replaced the Filmation version as my favorite incarnation of the Sorceress!
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; April 10, 2010 at 05:22pm.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Already a thread for this (assuming you mean Sorceress )

Toyguru did say characters who are vastly different from the originals like 200X Prince Adam, Randor and Evil-Lyn are getting representations in MOTUC. The 200X Sorceress is as different from the Filmation version as possible.

However, all we know about the Sorceress is that she's coming in a few years and that she will come with Zoar.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    I only need to see three Sorceresses - Filmation, Veena and MYP in that order. I think two versions and a predecessor is enough (although, if they got full Filmation rights, I wouldn't mind a Kuduk Ungol head with 198X-Sorceress).

Quote Originally Posted by bizzysim3 View Post
    All they have to do is repaint teela and make a new head.
    Uh, wings? (She's not the only character who needs "angel" wings - Angella does too, and while strictly speaking Veena should get unique wings that attach at the waist, I wouldn't bet against them reusing the "angel" wings).

And that is beside the fact that her costume was very different in details from Teela's "dress", and needs the "Egyptian" flare to stand out. (Not to mention that that's been repainted to death already.)

Definitely not a bonus figure now, and perhaps not even later.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I only need to see three Sorceresses - Filmation, Veena and MYP in that order. I think two versions and a predecessor is enough (although, if they got full Filmation rights, I wouldn't mind a Kuduk Ungol head with 198X-Sorceress).
    There's also NA Sorceress with her white space suit as a third version that you may or may not want.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

You can bet that they will make both the Filmation and the 200X Sorceress. It's for sure.

I've got a clue from TG for this thread...

Awhile back, I started a thread asking if fans would be open to getting re-use heads on certain POP figures; the idea was to see if there was enough acceptance to consider seeing, say... Teela's head with a retooled, totally different hairstyle, lighter skin coloring, etc. to further distance the appearance of a new figure from looking just like Teela. My example was "Teela's head retooled for Sweet Bee". The big point I was trying to make was that Mattel could create a few standard "female beauty" faces whose heads could be retooled with new hair, headbands, etc. and trim the new figure costs, thus making the third tier characters more profitable and more likely to get made.

ToyGuru posted in that thread and said that "the only way we would re-use a head for a new character would be in circumstances where it could be justified". That's a loose quote, and he went on to mention the Goddess figure as one example.

Teela's bio mentioned that she is the "cloned daughter" of the Sorceress. Ever since then, I've been under the assumption that we might see a Sorceress figure with Teela's face (with probably lighter skin tone, to match the character).

What do you guys think?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

200X Sorceress is fair game.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...8411097895/p/7

Mattel does not "hate" the 2002 series/toy line. In fact, personally, I'm a HUGE fan of it. For Classics the creative guidelines was to do something in a different direction rather then continue that style/interpretation as it is retired.

And a 2002 version of the Sorceress is totally fair game. It would mean she would be "Classic-ized" a bit loose some of the over the top hyper detail, but the overall green and blue egyptian look is totally fair game in time.

Yea I would like this figre made. Shes alomist like a different character.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    I would definately prefer the classic sorceress