Thread: How to Search for He-Man Himself on eBay

How to Search for He-Man Himself on eBay

After frustrating myself doing this off and on for about a week, I'm breaking down and asking a silly question.

Despite being a long-time user of eBay, I just can't figure out how to effectively search for figures of He-Man -- the big blonde guy himself. I can't put together terms that don't bring up the entire line (like the way, say, "He-Man Classics" does).

There has to be a way to do it because occasionally I will see related items to some of the few He-Man listings that I find that are just He-Man and not other Classics figures.

Does anyone have any tips?
    WTB:
    Loose: Filmation He-Man or Ultimate He-Man, Evil-Lyn (Battleground),
    MOC w/ mailers: Evil-Lyn (Battleground)

Favorite MOTUC: 1. Shadow Weaver 2. BG Evil-Lyn 3. Filmation Skeletor 4. Mer-Man 5. Orko

Heroic Warrior
    I don't have any tips on finding just He-Man, but I will say that it can be worth it sometimes to look at the other auctions that come up when you search. I was actually looking for a "buy it now" Filmation He-Man, when I found an auction for the entire Filmation line, MIB, and I ended up winning the auction and saving quite a bit of money in the long run by getting them all for a good price. Sometimes you find good deals when you are trying to find just one specific item.

I ran into this problem recently myself. I didn't find a good answer.

I only found MOTU Classics He-Man at a price I could live with by finding a seller who seems to have a lot of MOTU Classics and seemed to price them reasonably (not cheap, but not crazy, prices) and searching within his items. Bang. Found one. Again, not at what I'd call a bargain price, but one I could live with. So maybe try that? Try to find a good seller and whittle down from there?

Good luck!

Heroic Warrior
    Masters of the universe classics he man figure or motuc he man figure. Try them . Don't know. Never looked for him.

Nope, 'He-Man' is the only way to go. If there is a specific word you want to remove from the search, you can type the minus-sign then the word, and it will remove all those auctions from the search (if you didn't want the Loyal Subjects He-Man to show, type -loyal -subjects)... but you can't do that for every Classics figure.

ALSO... you might notice that Ebay automatically flips MOTU searches to Action Figures/ TV, Movie and Video Games... switch it back to All Catagories. Not everyone lists MOTU Classics under that catagory, and you can miss out on alot of good deals.

I've had a hard enough time just finding the only thing I want from that figure: the Power Sword holder!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Unfortunately just about any MOTU item can get tagged with "He-Man." You just have to scroll through a lot of auctions.

Yes, that seems the case.

What's weird is that when you look at the related items for each individual He-Man auction, it's almost always just He-Man figures (Filmation or Classics). So there is some way of tagging these things to make them show up as just He-Man, and not a generic figure in the He-Man line.

I don't think eBay is going to work out for searching for a FM He-Man anyway if these are the search options.
    WTB:

Favorite MOTUC: 1. Shadow Weaver 2. BG Evil-Lyn 3. Filmation Skeletor 4. Mer-Man 5. Orko

Court Magician Man-At-Armageddon's Avatar
    Try the following search in eBay:

("He Man", "He-Man", HeMan)

The parenthesis allow to search for multiple terms.
    The double quotes indicate to search for a string just like it is written.

Regards!

Quote Originally Posted by Man-At-Armageddon View Post
    Try the following search in eBay:

("He Man", "He-Man", HeMan)
    Regards!
    This brings up 28,000 results.

I think it's showing basically every vintage and Classics figure in either line. I'd like to find a way to just get He-Man, himself, which seems impossible.
    WTB:

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    Yes, that seems the case.

What's weird is that when you look at the related items for each individual He-Man auction, it's almost always just He-Man figures (Filmation or Classics). So there is some way of tagging these things to make them show up as just He-Man, and not a generic figure in the He-Man line.

I don't think eBay is going to work out for searching for a FM He-Man anyway if these are the search options.
    I wonder if their algorithm is also based on the image itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I wonder if their algorithm is also based on the image itself?
    That's a good guess.
    WTB:

Like in Google you have to use dashes to tell the search algo what to remove from the results. It's a bit tedious but once you filter it ylu can save the search as favorite and use it whenever you like. So it would look like this : He-man -skeletor -merman -triklops and so on..
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    Like in Google you have to use dashes to tell the search algo what to remove from the results. It's a bit tedious but once you filter it ylu can save the search as favorite and use it whenever you like. So it would look like this : He-man -skeletor -merman -triklops and so on..
    That's a lot of minuses.
    WTB: