Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Glimmer Discussion Thread

I love Glimmer!

She Could be released this November!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    But they could have had the tact to make it appealing to adults, since it was a given that in 25 years it would be being watched again by adults in their 30's!
    I don't know if we could say it was a GIVEN... I heard they didn't take TOO good of care with the originals... If it was a GIVEN that technology and nostalgia they would have prepared ahead a little better.

I think it was more of a NOW thing then a WHAT IF SOMEDAY kind of thing...

Besides, back then Cartoons were for kids PERIOD... My parents STILL believe that and just can't accept that things like Pixar are just as aimed for us 30 somethings as they are for the 10 year olds..

That was a joke, Phantom!

The Filmation She-Ra was designed to appeal to little girls, but now it's being viewed by adult men and women!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Besides, back then Cartoons were for kids PERIOD... My parents STILL believe that and just can't accept that things like Pixar are just as aimed for us 30 somethings as they are for the 10 year olds..
    Completely agree, I used to be a manager in a Cinema, and we used to get complaints from Parents of kids that Adults were in seeing -For example- Finding Nemo, and that we should kick them out cos they must have an ulterior motive for wanting to be around little kids!!!

Now back on topic......Bring On Glimmer!!! (Toy based!!)
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    I always preferred the action figures to the cartoon versions. Here's hoping that Glimmer looks more like the figure than the Filmation version.
    Me too!! i want the action figure version of glimmer with her shiny armor & staff & curly hair. want!!
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by QuantmEntropyZodak View Post
    Me too!! i want the action figure version of glimmer with her shiny armor & staff & curly hair. want!!
    ...and while I'm at it, and since it's semi-pertinent to the topic, Filmation totally under-utilized her as a character. I mean, c'mon, she had some really bad-azz powers!!!! Instead of her being able to hold her own, Filmation opted to have Linda Gary voice her "sighs" and collapse from exhaustion time and again. the most EPIC of FAILs.
    Last edited by LostIt2Bostik; April 15, 2010 at 01:26pm.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Heroic Warrior
    I really really want filmation style glimmer. I love her outfit - sure it's simple, but it's elegant. maybe they could throw some raised same tone detailing on the tops of the boots, and her corset area, but I much prefer that look. They could also have soft plastic removable accessories, in the style of the toy. If they go with the toy style colours, I hope it's at least similar enough in sculpt, that I can give her a re-paint in filmation colours!

To the person that mentioned wishing they would use soft plastic on POP figures, I 125% agree. It would look more elegant. She-ra's skirt looks too chunky to me (although overall, I am thrilled with the design)

Also, she MUST have her staff - given.

And I really hope they don't do full out curly hair, but a more tussled wavy look could be cool.

I'd love glow in the dark accessories, but not so into the idea of transparent plastic. perhaps instead of a flat matte finish on her, they could give her a very very slight pearlescent shine or something, to imply glowing? Nothing too over the top, just a subtle finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post

Im still hoping like hell that the 4G and Matty start utilising the clear/soft rubber used on Scare Glows cape on the POP figures, it can be toned to the figures colors and its soft and delicate enough to represent fine fabrics and could be skulpted to drape perfectly (even pleats like Angellas Culottes/Skirt). and avoid the -IMO- awful bulky look of She Ras skirt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arksiel View Post
    To the person that mentioned wishing they would use soft plastic on POP figures, I 125% agree. It would look more elegant. She-ra's skirt looks too chunky to me (although overall, I am thrilled with the design)

That was me, I can see so much potential in the rubber used on Scare glows Cape, I truly hope they utilise it on POP!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

[/CENTER]

I hope they will go for the Filmation/simple design. Not all characters have to look overly designed or exotic. I still love the simple, yet effective look of Adora. To compare the POP girls with Teela is not really fair as she is from Eternia, which I consider as a jungle planet. Etheria is more of a forest planet, so its inhabitants wear more clothes cause of the temperature. But that's just speculation. They could offcourse have Glimmer's classic toy armor with the figure. I do think they should offer her second toy head.

I'm hoping for a Glimmer that dresses more closely to the original toy, but with not with the curls.

Glimmers powers were bad***. I wish the 200X show had gotten around to introducing her. We'd know a much more serious character...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I hope Glimmer comes with her filmation look!

Glimmer in toy colors?

When Glimmer is released, I'd like to see her in the style guide version, but in the toy colors. I think the toy clors look better. Thoughts?

Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I like the metallic colors on Glimmer. I would have to wait and see what the paint dept. will do to her... All I know is that if she has the flat blue from the styleguide, my paintbrush will make her blues metallic.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm fine with her having metallic color, but I do want it to be a noticably blue color (like the cartoon, only metallic). In that picture it almost looks like a silver/gray color, which I don't want.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I'd be rather disappointed. I'm a big Glimmer fan, but I never liked her toy colors.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I was just over @ the Matty Forums reading the debate on what they can and can't do based on style guide for catra. And they can clearly do what ever interpretation of Glimmer or Catra they want. Mattel owns the style guide, so Glimmer can look exactly like a carbon copy of that or of the original toy, or what ever they choose. I beginning to feel that, the fans, (of POP anyway), are getting anxious for more POP figures is because, they/we can't wait to see how the four horseman/Scott hit the ball out of the park, with merging two lines that previously in the 80's, well, honestly didn't look right together. Also we want to see the POP ladies made slightly more Bad A$$. Because back then, they came with shields and combs, what really can you do to a horde trooper with that?

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I'm hoping for a Glimmer that dresses more closely to the original toy, but with not with the curls.

Glimmers powers were bad***. I wish the 200X show had gotten around to introducing her. We'd know a much more serious character...
    the original toy is so much better, she's a light-wielding warrior clad in mithril.

the filmation costume looks like she's wearing pajamas.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    From ToyGuru about PoP figures in MOTUC:

If a toy had a vintage version, the colors will be based on the toy's colors. As for the exact sculpt, that will likely be a blend of the style guide and the vintage toy based on the preference of the Horsemen.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...636#9881032636

So, we will probably see the mock-up danielsan52 did with added toy details (boots, bracelets, maybe a second head with curly and and the different crown).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I'm fine with her having metallic color, but I do want it to be a noticably blue color (like the cartoon, only metallic). In that picture it almost looks like a silver/gray color, which I don't want.
    While I could live with Glimmer looking like this mock up (or paint her myself), I definitly prefer the blue to the silver. Forsome reason I find the toy colors too boringly monochromatic with just the pink and the neutral silver.

When it comes to blue versus silver I dont really mind but Glimmer is an essential character to the POP side of things so I hope we see her in 2011/2012.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by QuantmEntropyZodak View Post
    the original toy is so much better, she's a light-wielding warrior clad in mithril.

the filmation costume looks like she's wearing pajamas.
    ....or an 80's Jazzercise instructor outfit.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I can't wait for Glimmer! I hope the PoP girls get a bit more detail like Bow and aren't as plain-Jane as Adora and She-Ra.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I can't wait for Glimmer! I hope the PoP girls get a bit more detail like Bow and aren't as plain-Jane as Adora and She-Ra.
    Amen to that!

[/CENTER]

I would be fine with pearlescent paint, as long as it wasn't used to Twilight-ify (as someone seemed to infer/imply, I think).

I would imagine they'd put her off for a while, since she probably has the perception of being an A-lister in the PoP ranks (whether or not she is, which is another issue).

Also, I prefer the more monochromatic toy color scheme to the style guide colors. Speaking of the style guide, no one has posted the image yet:

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Her tiara and staff from the toy glow in the dark!!

they are actually more Green-glowing than white.
    Well, what do you know, they do! (A cousin gave me her Glimmer a few years ago, and I'd yet to notice until I just checked.) And I think most GITD stuff is more greenish than just white.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    LoL!

I just charged the staff and tiara and tried to take a pic in the closet (the only dark place), but the camera doesn't pic the glow up at all... I know that phosphorous doesn't appear on film if you're in the dark (if you take pics of the "glowing" things in rides at Disney World, they don't appear glowing, it's the black light that does it). I wonder if phosphorous was used in the mix to make her pieces glow? But then, you wouldn't need to charge them, and you'd need a black light, so I'm not sure.
    In general, GITD doesn't photograph well. Any of the great pictures I've seen (pretty much all on the boards here), people have used blacklight to get the glow while photographing.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    If its going to be a goddess 2.0 then count me out, I cannot take paying $20 for a figure that crumbles to pieces

I would much rather have them paint it a pearl color than do transluscent
    Yeah, I remember a statement from Mattel claiming they had to figure out how to do something... that they'd already had the original toy do 25 years ago. the fact that they couldn't get translucence to work on a figure without it breaking so easily boggles my mind to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I'm in the Filmation camp all of the way on Glimmer. The toy always looked too bulky to me with the big hair and shoulder pads. She was one of the few from the first two POP waves that I did not have back in the day.
    The hair I would assume is big just due to materials used. The shoulder pads, on the other hand, or horribly atrocious!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I truly dont want a collection of multi colored Adoras, and thats what we will get if they do the style guide versions. The vintage toys are far more exotic and interesting
    Um, except many of them all had the same face sculpt as She-Ra, so wouldn't that be the same thing?
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

I only made reference to the Edward doll because he sparkles when there's some strong light on him. I wish for Glimmer to have an effect similar to that, but that she should not need to have a strong source of light on her in order to see the sparkling effect.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?