Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Glimmer Discussion Thread

It's tricky, because I want a Glimmer that is going to be a MOTUC version of her classic toy. But, I know that instead we're going to get a MOTUC version of a character I really hate with a passion: The Filmation Glimmer. I don't want that in my collection. But give me a plastic representation of the Glimmer with the pink curly afro, the toy headband, the silver shoulder pads, the rosebud-headed staff that glows in the dark with the jewel in the middle, the cool belt and skirt... and I'll buy a few!

I think Glimmer is an excellent candidate for two heads, one Filmation and one vintage toy.

More than anything else, I really, really want her to have glowing accessories.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I think Glimmer is an excellent candidate for two heads, one Filmation and one vintage toy.

Heck and YES!! this would be a genius idea!! I FREAKING LOVE IT!!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY with both of your points. This would be one figure I would buy two of to have loose just for the 2 different display options. I also wouldn't say no to an energy blast for her palm (somewhat similar to TP He-Mans fist attachment) to be displayed with her Filmation head.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Frosta and Netossa are on the way. I believe ToyGuru did mention Glimmer coming afterwards.

Time to get people talking about Glimmer and the Rebels again in general. My guess is that she's coming this year. I have nothing to base that on outside of we already know we are getting one more POP above and beyond Netossa and Octavia...

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Time to get people talking about Glimmer and the Rebels again in general. My guess is that she's coming this year. I have nothing to base that on outside of we already know we are getting one more POP above and beyond Netossa and Octavia...
    Glimmer is probably the heaviest hitter for POP right now that hasn't seen plastic. I am very hopeful we get her soon. I never had Glimmer as a youngster....

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Glimmer is probably the heaviest hitter for POP right now that hasn't seen plastic. I am very hopeful we get her soon. I never had Glimmer as a youngster....
    I loved Glimmer from the first moment i saw her in THE SECRET OF THE SWORD and i couldnīt wait to get her for christmas back than!

The second POP character we will get in 2013 is rumored to be Castaspella and for all her fans iīm happy but i really think it should be Glimmer, she is so overdue!

I would love to see Glimmer made sooner than later. I would prefer the Filmation look.

I'm going to assume she will have the same look as her style guide and come with glow-in-the-dark accessories. That is something I don't think Matty would overlook, since it was her original gimmick.

I actually thought she'd be a great candidate for the SDCC exclusive, and pack in Kowl with her. The SDCC version could have her vintage toy colors (along with Kowl), and the Matty version could have their Filmation colors.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    It's tricky, because I want a Glimmer that is going to be a MOTUC version of her classic toy. But, I know that instead we're going to get a MOTUC version of a character I really hate with a passion: The Filmation Glimmer. I don't want that in my collection. But give me a plastic representation of the Glimmer with the pink curly afro, the toy headband, the silver shoulder pads, the rosebud-headed staff that glows in the dark with the jewel in the middle, the cool belt and skirt... and I'll buy a few!
    i agree 100% i am so not looking forward to aerobics instructor glimmer
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

All the POP characters released so far look just about exactly as they did on the Filmation show. Wouldn't be surprised if Glimmer was released looking exactly as she did in Filmation with vintage accessories like Frosta and Netossa have been.

I think from this point on, Glimmer will be some people's Mosquitor until she arrives...

I'm feeling she may round out 2013 due to so much uproar for her.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

^ She's been my Mosquitor since before Frosta's reveal. As badly as I want Peekablue, Casta & Mermista, Glimmer is double all 3 combined. She is too long overdue. I've only known of the line for a little over a year and the wait is killing me. I feel for you guys that have been waiting 4 years.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    I think from this point on, Glimmer will be some people's Mosquitor until she arrives...

I'm feeling she may round out 2013 due to so much uproar for her.
    She's not my Mosquitor but I want her more than Dan wanted his Mosquitor...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

In addition to a second toy based haed & glowing accessories, I think I'd like her have metallic paint on her legs.

It is likely they'll go Filmation route for her armor, which is fine, but metallics (or sparkly paint like Jewelstar)
    might be a viable way to hybridize her a bit more while keeping what is considered her most recognizeable look.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

In addition to a second toy based haed & glowing accessories, I think I'd like her have metallic paint on her legs.

It is likely they'll go Filmation route for her armor, which is fine, but metallics (or sparkly paint like Jewelstar)
    might be a viable way to hybridize her a bit more while keeping what is considered her most recognizeable look.
    Sparkly is a nice word and i donīt see why not? FILMATION was great but simply had itīs limitations. Everything had to be simple so it could be reused and switched and turned.

The "iconic" thing seems to vary anyway. They -who ever it is these days, the brand manager, his team, the design team, who ever is in charge there, the FOUR HORSEMEN, the additional horsemen- made up rules -which arenīt written down any where- to break them.

Nothing has been for granted and so i on keep dreaming, complaining when my wishes are ignored and in the end being happy getting a figure i maybe not have wanted they way it turned out but keep enjoying the way it did.

I hope she comes out soon and if not i can wait. I hope i donīt have to wait to long
    Last edited by Niki; January 5, 2013 at 03:34pm.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    The filmation loook is very close to Adoras style, Id be concerned about the POP gang all in tights and leotards, and therefore being very dull.
    The vintage dolls had body harnesses, and capes, high collars and armor. theres gotta be a happy medium. IMO
    i really hope she looks like the original toy which looked like a warrior not some spandex-clad mall girl
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Why hasn't she been made yet?! She is definitely one of my top 10 wants. My vote is for Filmation style in MOTUC.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

Would they make Glimmer the SDCC or 2014 Sub exclusive?

Yeah, now that Castaspella is out of the way I think Glimmer is my next big want from PoP. I know they're sadly gona do the Filmation colors, but I'm also interested in the character. I watched Secret of the Sword last year for the first time since I was a kid, and I thought she was pretty cool - I think it brought back some latent memories from when I was little.

Anyway, I hope they get to her soon.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^^

Glimmer was mentioned as one of the PoP A-Listers which Toyguru hopes to release in 2014 (along with Queen Angella, Mermista and the already announced Castaspella). As long as there are enough "slots" in 2014, then we should see Glimmer released in MOTUC.

I would also prefer the "toy" colours, but I would be happy with a compromise such as a "metallic" light blue instead of silver. Unfortunately, Netossa indicates that Mattel/4H prefer to stick very closely to the Filmation colours, even where the filmation colours were intended to represent an entirely different colour (i.e. Netossa's powder blue was clearly meant to be silver).

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    ^^^^

Glimmer was mentioned as one of the PoP A-Listers which Toyguru hopes to release in 2014 (along with Queen Angella, Mermista and the already announced Castaspella). As long as there are enough "slots" in 2014, then we should see Glimmer released in MOTUC.
    Sweet, I forgot about that! Here's hoping the 2014 release goes through. Seems like we're picking up steam again.

I would also prefer the "toy" colours, but I would be happy with a compromise such as a "metallic" light blue instead of silver.
    Oh, that would be a cool compromise!

Unfortunately, Netossa indicates that Mattel/4H prefer to stick very closely to the Filmation colours, even where the filmation colours were intended to represent an entirely different colour (i.e. Netossa's powder blue was clearly meant to be silver).
    Aaaand you're right. I really wish they would focus a little more on the toys, but I think it's clear with all the PoP figures so far that the majority vote goes to however they looked on the toon.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I would love it if they used a silver like the toy instead of a blue on a Glimmer figure as I think it would just look much better. Having said that I'll happily take blue as long as they finally do Glimmer.

I'll take Glimmer any way they make her, but Metallic blue would be a nice compromise... Filmation colors, but with a nod to the toy... also, she'd look amazing with Metallic blue tights!