Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Glimmer Discussion Thread

Can't wait for this princess girl to show up some day in mattycollector.com! :P

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I don't remember much from the old mini comics. Are Angella and Glimmer mother and daughter? And is Angella a queen?
    Yes they're definitely mother & daughter & Angella is the Queen of Brightmoon but what I never understood was why Angella has wings & Glimmer doesn't & just what is Angella's origin bio anyway? Is she a native Etherian? Why is she the only one of her people with wings? I know that it is part of her power/magic but even so, wouldn't it have made sense for a whole race of winged people like the Icarii in Sara Douglas's Axis Trilogy?

I'm sure I've asked these questions before, but no one has ever come up with a satisfactory answer if at all.
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Falcon View Post
    Yes they're definitely mother & daughter & Angella is the Queen of Brightmoon but what I never understood was why Angella has wings & Glimmer doesn't & just what is Angella's origin bio anyway? Is she a native Etherian? Why is she the only one of her people with wings? I know that it is part of her power/magic but even so, wouldn't it have made sense for a whole race of winged people like the Icarii in Sara Douglas's Axis Trilogy?

I'm sure I've asked these questions before, but no one has ever come up with a satisfactory answer if at all.
    Maybe her mother was a harpy and that's why Hunga hates her so much?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    ...what I never understood was why Angella has wings & Glimmer doesn't...Why is she the only one of her people with wings? I know that it is part of her power/magic but even so, wouldn't it have made sense for a whole race of winged people like the Icarii in Sara Douglas's Axis Trilogy?
    Sense? Sure. But they didn't.

My basic assumption, going with the wings being magic, is that only one person gets them at a time. And that the day Angella dies, they'll vanish from her body and appear on Glimmer's back.

I can see something like the mermaids from One Piece, where their tail splits and they can walk on land when they turn 30.

My personal take is that when Glimmer matures, she will grow wings. She is still a teen after all, and is still growing Either that or she takes after her father who also doesn't have wings, and may be a different race than Angella.

Also, I believe her "cabbage staff" is supposed to be a rose. The cabbage thing did give me a giggle though!

On a side note: Glimmer had a terrible habit of forgetting her powers when she needed them most. IE: stuck in a Horde dungeon and forgetting she can teleport. As much as I love her, and she is an essential character I'd like to see more done with her. She had more of a "command" attitude before Adora took over and was more of a force to be reckoned with in SOTS.
    Last edited by flutterina; June 15, 2011 at 12:39am.

I started this thread a long time ago, and I don't like the title I chose.

Regarding Glimmer? What was I thinking about, that Harrison Ford movie?

Everyone, please: forgive me for this bad thread title. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! **slashes wrists!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Sense? Sure. But they didn't.

My basic assumption, going with the wings being magic, is that only one person gets them at a time. And that the day Angella dies, they'll vanish from her body and appear on Glimmer's back.
    Now, that explanation I can live with

And Darkspecter: I had thought of the harpy heritage but there just isn't anything harpy-ish or shrewish in Angella to warrant that idea.

Flutterina: I hear what you're saying about Glimmer's powers but the one drawback with her powers were that they weren't a bottomless supply, if she expended it too much too fast then she would have to re-charge before being able to use her light powers again. Also, I suspect in a dark & dank Horde dungeon, not being exposed to light (either by the sun or the moon) then it would be hard for her to recharge her powers if she were captured having spent it all. But I agree, even when she did make a stand to be more proactive, she got herself into awful scrapes & needed She-Ra to bail her out. It all made for a pretty sappy character in my opinion, the way Filmation had it in the cartoon anyway. I haven't read any of the comic books but one hopes that Glimmer is not always taking a back seat as it were.

PrinceAdam101: Don't beat yourself up over the title...what would you have entitled it if you could? It gets the job done...that's all that matters
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/

i see angella being from mizar like in the mini-comic and the rest of the people of mizar have wings. I think angella married king micah who ruled brightmoon so that was how she became queen of brightmoon and not by birth. glimmer doesnt have wings because her father didnt in my eyes. she inherited some of her mothers magic but was not born with wings. her father is wingless after all

Yes they're definitely mother & daughter & Angella is the Queen of Brightmoon
    Granted it's been awhile since I've cracked open my POP mini-comics, but I do not recall any mother-daughter connection between Angella and Glimmer in them. Angella is Queen of Mizar, a mountain city, in the first wave of mini-comics. I know the mini-comics got a bit more Filmation-y as they went on, though, and at the moment I cannot recall if they name-dropped Bright Moon in any of them or made some other sort of reference to establish the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Granted it's been awhile since I've cracked open my POP mini-comics, but I do not recall any mother-daughter connection between Angella and Glimmer in them. Angella is Queen of Mizar, a mountain city, in the first wave of mini-comics. I know the mini-comics got a bit more Filmation-y as they went on, though, and at the moment I cannot recall if they name-dropped Bright Moon in any of them or made some other sort of reference to establish the connection.

Ahh well, yes, I've never had the privilege of owning or reading the mini-comics & unlike other literature, they weren't to be found on the shelves of our public library either. More's the pity!

I wonder why the Filmation scriptwriters didn't keep to the comic book story line. Which came first anyway...the comics or the toon? Although I'm sure that particular question has been asked & answered somewhere years ago too

i just double checkd the mini comics and i didnt see the name brightmoon in them at all and there was no mother/daughter connection in them either

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    You know what, normally I want my figures to look cartoon accurate, but there is a She-Ra poster out there that makes Glimmer look freaking badass. I want the figure to look like that one.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Although she doesn't have wings, Glimmer has flown one time in the cartoon. I'd say flutterina and Reboot's theories might hold some water in that sense. It's also funny how she could fly in one episode, but she couldn't teleport like she did early on in the series? Maybe she can only teleport short distances like Nightcrawler.

I wonder if we'll get glow-in-the-dark accessories with Glimmer? I'm hoping we do, 'cause glow-in-the-dark is cool It is what made me love Scareglow when I saw how bright he glows.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I wonder if we'll get glow-in-the-dark accessories with Glimmer? I'm hoping we do, 'cause glow-in-the-dark is cool It is what made me love Scareglow when I saw how bright he glows.
    It's probably 50/50 at this point; while Scare Glow had that lovely glow to him and his halberd, Evil-Lyn had no such thing regarding her scepter. If they don't, they could be refreshed in a future weapons pack, assuming they don't go back on their promises.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

But I agree, even when she did make a stand to be more proactive, she got herself into awful scrapes & needed She-Ra to bail her out. It all made for a pretty sappy character in my opinion, the way Filmation had it in the cartoon anyway. I haven't read any of the comic books but one hopes that Glimmer is not always taking a back seat as it were.
    The best example of this is in the episode "Micah of Bright Moon", where suddenly, everyone's treating Glimmer like she's 12 (even the animators seemed to depict her as significantly shorter than usual) and she dances herself off a cliff! Then, as She-Ra flies overheard, she asks aloud "gosh, how can I possibly get her attention??"

How about using your LIGHT POWERS Glimmer! Not only could she have possibly teleported herself back up or flown (as she'd been shown to do twice in the series), the girl couldn't even remember her main power, to flash people.

You know what I mean.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Ive heard that they never used Double Trouble in the cartoon, so maybe the Filmation people decided to use her proto colors for glimmer instead. It sorta makes sense. And in the Proto pics, Glimmers legs are obviously 'Glittery' so she actually would have Glimmered! Maybe they couldnt successfully manufacture glitter paint apps in 1985!

I just love that DT was a Evil Warrior at the design stage. As a kid I always saw her as the 'Evil' Man E Faces, and she pretended to be nice to spy on She Ra!

I would love to know the reasoning behind her being whitewashed into a 'Goodie'! It seems filmation decided that no actual POP figs should be Evil (with the exception of Catra and Entrapta) so instead of using the obvious 'Evil' attributed dolls (Spinnerella,Netossa,Castaspella,Frosta) they opted to create 'EVIL' females -Scorpia,Shadowweaver,Octavia etc!

It does however echo the problem 'JEM' had in that the 'Evil' Misfits dolls were left on the shelves because parents didnt like buying Evil looking dolls for lil girls! Ive spoken to many Jem collectors who clearly remember their Moms saying no to Misfits dolls because they looked 'Nasty' -Particularly Pizzazz. Im sure Mattel were aware of the reticence, so made Catra 'Jealous Beauty' instead of 'Evil Jealous Beauty'.

But in my Canon the aforementioned POP characters are Evil to their cores! and always will be

ka
    Were those characters all intended to be evil or is that your assumption? I'm just wondering as I don't know much of the pop background info. I personally would have a hard time seeing netossa or castaspella as evil, but that's just me. Would like to know if I'm missing information.

As for glimmer, I'm hoping she's the next pop girl to get the classics treatment. I do prefer her filmation look, but I will take either.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

We need a MOTUC Glimmer!!

It's incredible that there is no MOTUC Glimmer thread (that's what the search engine told me... it could be wrong... if it is, then merge this with the Official Glimmer Topic)

Now with that said, Glimmer was the leader of The Great Rebellion before Adora showed up... She's as important as MAA was in Filmation MOTU. Where is Glimmer? It's cool that the Star Sisters came and that Netossa is coming, but it's Ridiculous that we're reaching 2013 and we're STILL without Glimmer! Show your support for the Princess of Bright Moon here!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Heroic Warrior
    I agree. Very stongly.

Glimmer is a core member of The Great Rebellion and a major character in POP. Glimmer is as essential to The Great Rebellion as MAA is to the Masters. It's ridiculous that Glimmer has not yet been confirmed for release in MOTUC.

Showing my support.

The thing that's kind of annoying, is that we can probably expect only ONE damned Filmation version of Glimmer despite the fact that some of He-Man's key supporting characters (Teela, Man-At-Arm etc.) are getting multiple versions. How is that even fair? Now this priviledge even extends to King Randor.

I realize he was in a ton of cartoon episodes, but so were characters like Glimmer and Queen Angella. Though they don't have as many appearances as King Randor, they "make up for it" by being part of the successful $65 million first wave of POP figures. Randor was in the failed '87 wave.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I definitely want to see Glimmer! This is the equivalent of Man at Arms or Teela not being released. She certainly should have been released before Netossa, and honestly before Frosta as well.

She wears purple! That's all the argument there needs to be!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'd buy 2 of her!

If they're scared she won't sell, they should pack in Imp or Odiphus
    Last edited by Killian; July 16, 2012 at 10:20am. Reason: Logistics
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

While not a huge PoP fan, I still want a Glimmer and would buy a figure of her for my Great Rebellion faction in a heartbeat.

I want Glimmer, Madame, and Kowl SOOOO bad! If we were getting POP releases at the same rate as Snake Men I'd be a happy man
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!