Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Prototypes Transformed into MOTUC Figures

Vintage Prototypes Transformed into MOTUC Figures

I just wanted to run down how many actually prototypes were made into action figures, and wanted others opinions and wheather you think that the one that havent got one yet deserve it. If I am missing one let me know

Preternia
    He-ro- yes
    Eldor-yes
    Gigantasuar-nope
    Vykron-yes
    Megaton (or Guerreo)- nope

Masters
    Gyrattacker-nope

Evil warriors
    Gygor-yes

Evil Horde
    Evil Robot-nope

POP
    Star Sisters w/Glorybird-yes

GG
    Mara-yes
    Darius-nope
    Gleanons-nope
    Galcimytes- nope

200x
    Choolaboh, the Kulatuk Elder ( not actually prototype, but was slotted for next set of figures in design drawings)

Did i miss anything? Do the ones that didnt get figures yet deserve to have figures before other due to the fact that they made it further along in the design process then others?
    Last edited by facet; February 14, 2015 at 11:53pm. Reason: added names to list

No more prototypes in Classics please!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post

200x
    Choolaboh, the Kulatuk Elder ( not actually prototype, but was slotted for next set of figures in design drawings)
    He actually was fully sculpted for inclusion in the 200X line, though I don't think there are pics of the Kulatak sculpt online.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

you forgot:

GYGOR - Yep!

Vykron:
    Barbarian - yep!
    Space Ace - yep!
    Tank Top - yep!

am I missing more? probably!

Edit: Isee Vykron listed! Sorry facet!

what about: GRANITA? I heard she was sculpted too!

Granita - nope!
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

The only one I still want is Darius.
    Most Wanted Crita, Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, and Negator.

Evil Robot is a must!

I would take all these, I love the prototype figures, and concept art figures.

To me if a figure makes it to being an existing protype that's helps rank it pretty high in my mind for deserving to get made for Classics. I'd take them all, especially Darius. It's a shame Classics will end (or become something else without us getting him.
    TOP WANTS
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/Andros/
    Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Malektha/Twiggets/Granita
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot
    BEAST:Stridor/Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops

Heroic Warrior
    I neeeed Darius!!!

Darius, Evil Robot, Crystoll, Gleanons, Galactimytes... I pretty much want all of the vintage prototype figures.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Darius, Evil Robot, Crystoll, Gleanons, Galactimytes... I pretty much want all of the vintage prototype figures.
    I second this!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I think the prototype based figures have been some of the best figures in MOTUC. Keep sprinkling them in!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

The prototype figures have been my favorite in the line. Would love the Horde Mummy, Horde Robot, and Steel Kill.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Mattel has stated before they don't have access to the stuff from Tom Arts like the Horde Mummy right?
    Most Wanted Crita, Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, and Negator.

Who was Megaton? Is there a pic?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Megaton was, I think, an electricity controlling NA Concept yes?

I love the prototype figures, something about them almost making it makes their final release seem that much more important to me and I'm fascinated by what could have been and what was but has been forgotten - like derelict buildings and such - so they appeal to that too it helps that most of them have been pretty good too - Vikor and Gygor are excellent. I'd've liked most of 'em but especially Darius, Evil Robot, Detector, Red Beast and Steel Kill.

Anyway you forgot the Bubble Carriage Maiden - who I think we're calling Bubblerina now - from Princess of Power, no figure of her for Classics but i'd buy one, she's adorable.

Prototypes, and concept art to figure characters, are the number 1 reason I started collecting this line. It was simply fascinating to me that Vikor was an early concept sketch for He-Man, and it was very exciting to see He-Ro finally get a figure.

I know I'm conflating the two, so I'll try to stick to the OP's topic (just prototypes).

Darius is my top want where prototypes are concerned. I'll be getting Mara in my sub *excitement* and I currently have every other prototype to figure in MoTUC that facet has listed . . . and they are easily some of my favourite figures. I just got the Star Sisters a few days ago, so they are currently fascinating me.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

I definitely love the concept/prototype figures. I love old vintage becoming new neverbefore seen figures.

I am totally getting that Guerrero head from whosits to make my own, assuming they do not do an official, which they probably wont but I would hate to have a custom when I could get an official.

Evil Robot would be great. Darius seems must have in the NA camp and I've warmed to him nicely. When I found out about Gygor I immediately wanted one, especially because of his connection to BIg Jim

I think the proto figs are some of my very favourite. Vykron & Vykor are awesome and I really want Guerrero guy next to them. The star sisters quickly became a beautiful part of my POP Display and I still think they are so cool as a set.

I'd definitely prefer prototype figures of new characters over any more variants (filmation, 200x, or even vintage figure variants)

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    I would take all these, I love the prototype figures, and concept art figures.
    Me too. I especially would love to get Evil Robot.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

A concept/prototype mini sub. I would sub up
    My top 12....1 Dragstor, 2 Rotar, 3 Twistoid, 4 Perfuma, 5 Vizar, 6 Hoove, 7 Tuskador, 8 Kayo, 9 Lizzor 10 Lordar, 11 Darius, 12 Calix

Vintage Prototypes Transformed into MOTUC Figures

I think Darius is the only remaining prototype I personally want.

The evil robot is the most laughable thing to me. Tastes are tastes and everything, but I just can't get beyond how goofy that thing is. It's a brick with brick arms and a brick head and a goofy watergun.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    He actually was fully sculpted for inclusion in the 200X line, though I don't think there are pics of the Kulatak sculpt online.
    Really this is the first time i have ever heard that. Is there someone to contact to verify this?

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorZartan View Post
    To me if a figure makes it to being an existing protoype that's helps rank it pretty high in my mind for deserving to get made for Classics. I'd take them all, especially Darius. It's a shame Classics will end (or become something else without us getting him.
    Totally agree with you Zartan, it bumps them up higher in my books and makes them the most deserving of figures since they were just missed their opportunity back in the day , and this is a perfect way of rectifying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Gleanons and galacimytes yes, forgot those as well as Gygor, Crystoll was not a prototype though, he was the concept drawing for Karatti, and even used as Karatti in european comics, but he never made it to prototype stage

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    The prototype figures have been my favorite in the line. Would love the Horde Mummy, Horde Robot, and Steel Kill.
    Unfortunately these guys only made it to the concept drawing phase, never to the prototype phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Who was Megaton? Is there a pic?
    Megaton is the name given the Tony Gureero Heman with the helmet. If you have the power and honor book, its on page 11 on the title card describing the figure and the type of world he lived in.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

The evil robot is the most laughable thing to me. Tastes are tastes and everything, but I just can't get beyond how goofy that thing is. It's a brick with brick arms and a brick head and a goofy watergun.
    No, it's an EVIL brick with EVIL brick arms and an EVIL brick head. The goofy watergun is just a goofy watergun.

The goofiness makes it awesome, but I can clearly understand people not being interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

Of course the vintage toy is goofy, but this is Classics we're talking about here, the Four Horsemen aren't just going to poop out a carbon copy of the vintage prototype. I like the color scheme and general look to it. Don't you think that that the Four Horsemen will make it look better than a "goofy brick"? This is totally in their wheel house - a detail, fully tooled robot would look awesome. They'd have a lot of room to go wild.