Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Glimmer Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Official Glimmer Discussion Thread

Glimmer is one of the principle characters in Princess of Power, but she isn't often discussed on the threads. We all assume that she will get a figure in the MOTUC, but will it be sooner or later among the POP cast?

Here's her bio, from the org's encyclopedia:

"Glimmer is The Princess of Bright Moon and daughter of Queen Angella and King Micah. Glimmer is the original leader and helped establish The Great Rebellion on Etheria. She has the ability to control light. She can teleport, illuminate large areas, refract light, and direct beams of light from her hands. Glimmer is also able to levitate herself and others."

What does everyone think of her, and how do you think she should be handled, in regards to the MOTUC style? What do you think her bio should contain, and in what manner will she join into the bio's already in progress?

Last edited by PrinceAdam101; April 10, 2010 at 10:05pm.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I'm all for Glimmer. I never watched POP as a kid, but have just finished the first box set of DVDs and have been converted to a fan. A few years ago I wouldn't have wanted one, but now I see how POP fits into the scheme of things, and and how much less lame it actually is than I first thought.

So yeah, Glimmer me up. I'm sure they'd do a great job making her, just like everyone else so far. I don't think her story needs to change any either, it fits with what's going on.

Except her real name can't be Glimmer of course. I'd go with Jocasta Glikkamm'i'd'anne.

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    I'm a huge POP fan and I agree. We have to have Glimmer sooner than later. Adora/She-Ra needs someone from the Great Rebellion to help her fight Hordak on my bedroom shelf.

Glimmer and Bow are the two figures I want most. I am hoping for a Glimmer that's inspired to the Filmation version but with added details to her outfit, boots, and gloves from the toy. Hopefully her hair will be classic style just like Adora with no strange windblown effects like She-Ra. I also hope she comes with her glow in the dark staff perhaps with added shading and detail like we saw with Scare Glow's halberd. As for her bio I hope to see her go with She-Ra to Eternia to help the Masters. The Princess of Eternia left her homeland to help the kingdom of Brightmoon and all Etheria, so it stands to reason that Princess of Brightmoon should do the same as a means to return the favour.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Glimmer is nice, but I'm hoping Frosta and Catra will come first

I'll probably get a lot of heat for this, but I might like to see her cast in some semi-translucent plastic like The Goddess was. So maybe, like, the blue or purple parts of her are transparent plastic, and the rest are paint apps. Might give a little visual pizazz to what looks like a pretty generic character design.
    Last edited by geooco; April 11, 2010 at 11:13am. Reason: mistyped
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfchild View Post
    Glimmer is nice, but I'm hoping Frosta and Catra will come first
    Haven't Frosta and Catra come and gone?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Glimmer and Bow are the two figures I want most. I am hoping for a Glimmer that's inspired to the Filmation version but with added details to her outfit, boots, and gloves from the toy. Hopefully her hair will be classic style just like Adora with no strange windblown effects like She-Ra. I also hope she comes with her glow in the dark staff perhaps with added shading and detail like we saw with Scare Glow's halberd. As for her bio I hope to see her go with She-Ra to Eternia to help the Masters. The Princess of Eternia left her homeland to help the kingdom of Brightmoon and all Etheria, so it stands to reason that Princess of Brightmoon should do the same as a means to return the favour.
    i have the same feelings towards this figure. hope she does come out more like the filmation.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    The filmation loook is very close to Adoras style, Id be concerned about the POP gang all in tights and leotards, and therefore being very dull.
    The vintage dolls had body harnesses, and capes, high collars and armor. theres gotta be a happy medium. IMO
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Glimmer in toy colors?

When Glimmer is released, I'd like to see her in the style guide version, but in the toy colors. I think the toy clors look better. Thoughts?

Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I like the metallic colors on Glimmer. I would have to wait and see what the paint dept. will do to her... All I know is that if she has the flat blue from the styleguide, my paintbrush will make her blues metallic.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm fine with her having metallic color, but I do want it to be a noticably blue color (like the cartoon, only metallic). In that picture it almost looks like a silver/gray color, which I don't want.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I'd be rather disappointed. I'm a big Glimmer fan, but I never liked her toy colors.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I was just over @ the Matty Forums reading the debate on what they can and can't do based on style guide for catra. And they can clearly do what ever interpretation of Glimmer or Catra they want. Mattel owns the style guide, so Glimmer can look exactly like a carbon copy of that or of the original toy, or what ever they choose. I beginning to feel that, the fans, (of POP anyway), are getting anxious for more POP figures is because, they/we can't wait to see how the four horseman/Scott hit the ball out of the park, with merging two lines that previously in the 80's, well, honestly didn't look right together. Also we want to see the POP ladies made slightly more Bad A$$. Because back then, they came with shields and combs, what really can you do to a horde trooper with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I'm fine with her having metallic color, but I do want it to be a noticably blue color (like the cartoon, only metallic). In that picture it almost looks like a silver/gray color, which I don't want.
    While I could live with Glimmer looking like this mock up (or paint her myself), I definitly prefer the blue to the silver. Forsome reason I find the toy colors too boringly monochromatic with just the pink and the neutral silver.

When it comes to blue versus silver I dont really mind but Glimmer is an essential character to the POP side of things so I hope we see her in 2011/2012.

We need a MOTUC Glimmer!!

It's incredible that there is no MOTUC Glimmer thread (that's what the search engine told me... it could be wrong... if it is, then merge this with the Official Glimmer Topic)

Now with that said, Glimmer was the leader of The Great Rebellion before Adora showed up... She's as important as MAA was in Filmation MOTU. Where is Glimmer? It's cool that the Star Sisters came and that Netossa is coming, but it's Ridiculous that we're reaching 2013 and we're STILL without Glimmer! Show your support for the Princess of Bright Moon here!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree. Very stongly.

Glimmer is a core member of The Great Rebellion and a major character in POP. Glimmer is as essential to The Great Rebellion as MAA is to the Masters. It's ridiculous that Glimmer has not yet been confirmed for release in MOTUC.

Showing my support.

The thing that's kind of annoying, is that we can probably expect only ONE damned Filmation version of Glimmer despite the fact that some of He-Man's key supporting characters (Teela, Man-At-Arm etc.) are getting multiple versions. How is that even fair? Now this priviledge even extends to King Randor.

I realize he was in a ton of cartoon episodes, but so were characters like Glimmer and Queen Angella. Though they don't have as many appearances as King Randor, they "make up for it" by being part of the successful $65 million first wave of POP figures. Randor was in the failed '87 wave.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I definitely want to see Glimmer! This is the equivalent of Man at Arms or Teela not being released. She certainly should have been released before Netossa, and honestly before Frosta as well.

She wears purple! That's all the argument there needs to be!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'd buy 2 of her!

If they're scared she won't sell, they should pack in Imp or Odiphus
    Last edited by Killian; July 16, 2012 at 10:20am. Reason: Logistics
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar

YES - GLIMMER!!! Sneak PEAK

Yes!!!! Just got this email!!!!

images_singleLong_Email_05.jpg
    Last edited by PaTrIcKfOgArTy; July 19, 2013 at 01:37pm.

Just got it too! My daughter is going to go crazy when I show her this!
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Very nice! Loving Glimmer.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww another (yet nother?) pop girly
    I feel soooo sad. Shall we, at least, get Ninjor or Strongarm to compensate? Can we? Can we????