Thread: Official Glimmer Discussion Thread

Threaded View

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    You know, I was looking at the U-Matics picture again...and I think Filmation accidentally used Double Trouble's original colours for Glimmer! Blue leggings and chest piece with a dark magenta chest.
    Yup. I just did what you've occasionally done to me, and edited that in as you posted (although I didn't know that was Double Trouble).

Seriously, it ain't just the colours - the design of the chestplate, shoulderpads, tiara and even the poker-straight hair are all matches for 'toon-Glimmer and not for toy-Glimmer. Only the silver boots and black hair seriously diverge from the 'toon-Glimmer design, and the shape of those in the toon-model are still closer to the DT prototype.

EDIT:
    Sprangly isn't a word...so I'm not sure what you mean by that.
    Typo. I meant spangly.

Anyhoo...that's Double Trouble. I don't see how Filmation Glimmer's hair is like her's though: coming out of a small spout out of the top of her helmet in a thin, black ponytail going down to her feet.
    Look at it on a "flat" plane from the front. The tiara is flat on 'toon-Glimmer's face, so [deliberately mis]read the "helmet" as a flat tiara, and you end up with round-topped straight, loose hair.

[I didn't say it was identical, but given the toon's interpretation of the "Double Trouble tiara", a bad reference pic could lead to that conclusion...]
    Last edited by Reboot; September 22, 2010 at 06:48pm.