Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Glimmer Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfchild View Post
    Glimmer is nice, but I'm hoping Frosta and Catra will come first
    Haven't Frosta and Catra come and gone?

Nearly complete! The twiggets!! hahaha

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I was finally able to find an image of Glimmer showing her from the back side and I am very disappointed that she is FLAT.

I don't understand why the 4H don't fix this area on the females. All females with skirts including She-Ra, Catra, Casta, and Frosta have posteriors but the rest of them are all back.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC Cherry View Post
    Haven't Frosta and Catra come and gone?
    Er yeah. Frosta came out in 2012 and Catra came out in 2011
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Aside from being absolutely flawless, Glimmer's sculpt means we also have around 75% of Queen Angella's tooling done. If the 4H decide to go with the cartoon look, she has the same outfit as Glimmer. All she needs is a head, wings, weapons, and maybe new forearms!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Aside from being absolutely flawless, Glimmer's sculpt means we also have around 75% of Queen Angella's tooling done. If the 4H decide to go with the cartoon look, she has the same outfit as Glimmer. All she needs is a head, wings, weapons, and maybe new forearms!
    Queen Angella also has a collar.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Queen Angella also has a collar.
    Which we got with Castaspella
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I was finally able to find an image of Glimmer showing her from the back side and I am very disappointed that she is FLAT.

I don't understand why the 4H don't fix this area on the females. All females with skirts including She-Ra, Catra, Casta, and Frosta have posteriors but the rest of them are all back.
    Not sure how to ask this but here goes. Has any customizer out there got a way of adding more... bounce to the female sculpts?
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post

Does it really matter though on an action figure? We don't see enough complaining that the furry loin clothes on the front of the male figures are flat either
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Casta is a beautiful figure, face paint app reminds me of Teela's but if Glimmer is able to receive the same treatment then i'll be very happy! After Casta, Glimmer was my most wanted GR figure (Angella takes that mantle now). TBH, from what we've seen in the pictures available it's looking likely!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Glimmer also has a beautiful face as do many of these female characters. The horsemen did a wonderful job with them.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    Does it really matter though on an action figure? We don't see enough complaining that the furry loin clothes on the front of the male figures are flat either
    The look just messes with the whole aesthetic of the female figures for me. Again, I really think they have done a great job with characters that have skirts, but the ones with the leotards look bad.

For me, it would be the equivalent of the male bucks having skinny arms or narrow shoulders because it would just look off.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Yes, i agree. I would like to see the POP characters without their skirts on.

Been making my way through FILMation (most for the first time) and got to Glimmer's story. So now I fully understand the Moonstone she comes with! I see the info was right in this thread, but with all the SDCC excitement I missed it. I kind of hope she comes with a shield for completions sake, but I don't think it's necessary by any means. A clear Glimmer would be cool. I wonder if they'll make a bad-hair-day purple, frazzled hair Glimmer. Really? Asking Madam Razz to change your hair? What was she thinking?

I do hope the Moonstone has some kind of hand attachment, in a perfect world cleverly hidden attachment, just to keep it in place.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Court Magician
    Has there been any kind of confirmation about whether Glimmer will come with a shield or not If I'm remembering correctly, Frosta was shown without her shield when she first appeared, but a shield was included with the final release. I know these repainted shields are not the most exciting design for an accessory, but having all the POP ladies come with them adds a nice continuity to the line for me and is an appreciated nod to the vintage line.

No word, yet, that I've seen. I hope she gets one too. I wonder if they don't bother to paint up a sample for this since they are straight recasts?

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think Glimmer will be coming with a repainted PoP shield. At the moment, Glimmer has her designated two accessories - flower staff and Moonstone.

While a repainted PoP shield would be great for consistency with most of the other female PoP heroines (with the exception of the Star Sisters), it doesn't look like Glimmer will have a shield. It would have been great to see a shield which either matched the flower staff or which was clear plastic to represent her "light" powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    Glimmer also has a beautiful face as do many of these female characters. The horsemen did a wonderful job with them.
    I agree 100%. It seems as the line goes on the girls get more and more beautiful. Whoever did the face sculpts for Netossa, Octavia, Castasapella, and Glimmer need to do the rest of them. I think Motuc has the overall best looking female figures out of any action figure line ever produced. So much better than DC Classics and Marvel Legends. Can't wait to see Mermista, Entrapta, Sweet Bee etc.!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Whoever did the face sculpts for Netossa, Octavia, Castasapella, and Glimmer need to do the rest of them.
    And they all have "closed mouths" instead of the (IMHO) odd looking "parted lips" or "breathless pouting" sculpt that has been used on other PoP heroines. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a few PoP heroines with a sculpted "smile", but Netossa, Octavia, Castaspella and Glimmer have definitely set a new standard for face sculpts for the PoP heroines (and villainesses).

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    I find that the faces really make these POP females. I have Netossa on my desk and she is gorgeous in all of her blue hair glory! But I'm also a huge fan of how the Horsemen handled Adora, Castaspella and even BG Evil-Lyn. They really are masters (heh) at capturing appropriately gorgeous female faces for this line. Now DCIE... not so much.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I find that the faces really make these POP females. I have Netossa on my desk and she is gorgeous in all of her blue hair glory! But I'm also a huge fan of how the Horsemen handled Adora, Castaspella and even BG Evil-Lyn. They really are masters (heh) at capturing appropriately gorgeous female faces for this line. Now DCIE... not so much.
    Agreed - I started a thread some time ago requesting Filmation faces and hair on Classics females. They haven't disappointed! (well, Frosta was a bit of a mess)

If the photos of Castaspella are anything to go by, I can't wait to get her in-hand...and I can't wait to see how the 4HM handle the others. Filmation have the girls such distinctively unique faces and hair compared to the dolls, they add a great deal of variety to the POP ladies...

Flutterina has those way-crazy eyelashes...
    Peekablue has the shoulder-length hair with the curls...
    Entrapta has giant, scheming eyes...
    Spinnerella has a pinched nose and delicate features...

Bring on more POPpy goodness!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    If I wasn't afraid of a translucent female figure falling apart again, I'd say offer a clear Glimmer as another surprise figure ala Spirit of Hordak.

Court Magician
    I fear you guys are right - Glimmer probably isn't getting a shield. I hope we're wrong though - it really feels like the POP ladies get the short end of the stick as far as accessories go, I'd love to see one the non- monster female POP figures be as loaded down with extra accessories as say Teela and Evil Lyn were. I have to agree about the face sculpts though - as accessory- less as they may be - MOTUC female figures are the most gorgeous face sculpts I have ever seen ( and I've seen my share! ). Not only are the faces gorgeous , but the body proportions are perfect as well. Every other highly articulated female figure I've ever seen ends up looking gangly and just unfeminine. MOTUC figures are curvaceous in a sensual, natural way. They are voluptuous but not in the over the top typically exaggerated super heroine way ( I'm looking at you top heavy DC Power Girl that's falling over on my desk as I type). Glimmer is certainly no exception, I can't wait to have her in hand!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    The biggest thing is the wings there; I doubt they can just plop Swifty's wings on her back. But, as you state, so much of her would be re-use of Glimmer that they could likely swing new sculpts for the wings.

I would be VERY surprised not to see Glimmer's mom next year. If she turns out as well as little Sunshine here, I think folks will be very happy.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman