Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Glimmer Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Flutterina has those way-crazy eyelashes...
    Peekablue has the shoulder-length hair with the curls...
    Entrapta has giant, scheming eyes...
    Spinnerella has a pinched nose and delicate features...

Bring on more POPpy goodness!
    Oh totally, these (and more hopefully) are gonna be great! More Netossa and less Frosta though please, especially where the dreaded 'beaver teeth' are concerned.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

I really think Glimmer should come with a recolored Castaspellla spell blast, but she's still beautiful either way.

I just watched Pixel dans walkthrough with Scott TOYGURU Neitlich in which he said Glimmer isnīt completed yet, so maybe her leotard will be fixed.

And her waist shows thatīs not the final product it looks to fragile as it is here to be seen on this picture:

Since i havenīt been at POWER CON or the panel i havenīt witnessed the controversy but if that "screaming" and rudeness which i have been told happened there helps to make the figure more identical to her prototype, i canīt complain i donīt think itīs the right way but sometimes only the loud are heard….

Here is hoping!
    Last edited by Niki; September 17, 2013 at 04:46pm.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Good news! I'm off to watch the video too!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    That makes me a little more optimistic. I hope it gets fixed.

4 years since Adora went on sale and they are still giving the females Granny pants!? I have to sympathise with the guy at the panel, as it was likely down to sheer frustration that after 4 years they are still giving us a design we hate! No excuse when Marlena, Octavia etc... don't have this problem!
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/6371091248

Scotts says too late for Glimmer. Mattel wins again.

So disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

So disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post

So disappointing.
    I figured it was too late for Glimmer, but fingers and toes crossed that Scorpia can still be saved.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/6991082248

scott is requesting images (photoshopped, customs) of what exactly we want changed so he can share with design.

scott is requesting images (photoshopped, customs) of what exactly we want changed so he can share with design.
    Ummmmm, we want it to look like the Four Horseman's prototype. Is that so impossible of a concept to grasp? Geez Louise
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Marlena was fine. They should just do that.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    Ummmmm, we want it to look like the Four Horseman's prototype. Is that so impossible of a concept to grasp? Geez Louise
    Exactly. I don't get why this is so hard for them to understand...it's like we're speaking a different language that Mattel just doesn't understand. We go crazy over the prototypes, tell everyone who will listen how beautiful the girl looks, then they show us the end result, we bash "granny panties", and they need pictures to understand what we mean? Really??? Designers don't see this? TG doesn't see this? NO ONE at Mattel sees this? The 4H aren't able to articulate this to Mattel? Mattel can't ask the 4H what we mean? How is it that NO ONE can comprehend this? I don't get it.

And TG is saying that because of the newly designed crotch piece that went live with Octavia, that curling in the skirt (or detailing the skirt) would show the joints. So, if that is the case...are the 4H just not using a model based off the current newly designed crotch piece? If they are using a current model (which I suspect they are), then why can they make the tunic look right and design can't?

I'm just so amazed that in 2013, Mattel can't figure this out when it's been done properly for the past 20+ years by just about every toy company...including Mattel. I mean, Toy Biz did it right with Marvel Legends (with some exceptions like Scarlet Witch), Hasbro has been doing it right with Marvel Legends, Mattel did it right with their DC lines, whoever it was that designed the Golden Girls (She-Ra type dolls) back in the 80's did it right, etc etc.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; September 19, 2013 at 09:22am.
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Ninjor, Evilseed, and Granita

Why am I worried that when the design team attempts to fix this problem that they are just going to create new issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    Why am I worried that when the design team attempts to fix this problem that they are just going to create new issues?
    I'm hopeful...but I have had the same thoughts...
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Ninjor, Evilseed, and Granita

I am about to watch this video with the so called Glimmer heckle.

I generally think heckling is the sign of a weak mind or just down right childish but lets see if all the video lives up to the talk.

Edit. Just watched it and while it's not as bad as some folks make out, it's still pretty childish and just lacks class in my personal opinion.

I do agree tough that the nappies detracts fro a lot of the prettyness that these POP girls need.
    Last edited by Eamon; September 19, 2013 at 11:50am.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I posted this picture made by Dragonblaster on MATTYīs forum. I hope it helps:

*Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

That's just to make it look like they care. They heard our complaints with Adora and have done nothing! Just wasting your time sending images as they know what we want. We get the granny pants as it likely cuts cost of the POP so all the production dollars can go towards the vintage MOTU figures. It's the way it is and nothing will change.
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    I really have to echo this sentiment. If the design team can't look at the existing pictures of the Horsemen's version and then the figure shown at Power Con and see the difference, then I am left wondering, quite bluntly, what these folks are doing in that particular line of work...

Seriously, TG's request for pictures is absolutely ludicrous in this instance. Asking for them when discussing things with the folks oversees making the pictures makes sense, as a picture can't be mistranslated. But, unless the design team speaks Klingon or some language that has been dead for centuries, I can't see why, "Look at the pictures of the figure made by the Horsemen and shape the crotch piece like that" is somehow not sufficient. They HAVE the visual reference needed and being referred to here, and, I believe, from multiple angles between Mattel's own photos and the dozens taken and posted on the net. It's ridiculous to imply that the folks involved would need more than that, especially given that the very people we speak of had to have actually had physical possession of the prototype at some point to do their design jobs.

Another good example of exactly why Mattel has such credibility problems with he fans...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I really have to echo this sentiment. If the design team can't look at the existing pictures of the Horsemen's version and then the figure shown at Power Con and see the difference, then I am left wondering, quite bluntly, what these folks are doing in that particular line of work...

Seriously, TG's request for pictures is absolutely ludicrous in this instance. Asking for them when discussing things with the folks oversees making the pictures makes sense, as a picture can't be mistranslated. But, unless the design team speaks Klingon or some language that has been dead for centuries, I can't see why, "Look at the pictures of the figure made by the Horsemen and shape the crotch piece like that" is somehow not sufficient. They HAVE the visual reference needed and being referred to here, and, I believe, from multiple angles between Mattel's own photos and the dozens taken and posted on the net. It's ridiculous to imply that the folks involved would need more than that, especially given that the very people we speak of had to have actually had physical possession of the prototype at some point to do their design jobs.

Another good example of exactly why Mattel has such credibility problems with he fans...
    While I do agree in principle, I also have to admit that the thread over on mattycollector is somewhat helpful, as it now has all the visual reference in one place, including not only Glimmer's prototype pictures but also detailed close ups of fans' costumizations of Adora and other figures. (including upskirt pics )
    Awesome sticker included!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    While I do agree in principle, I also have to admit that the thread over on mattycollector is somewhat helpful, as it now has all the visual reference in one place, including not only Glimmer's prototype pictures but also detailed close ups of fans' costumizations of Adora and other figures. (including upskirt pics )
    Not going anywhere near that last part...

My point is, these are the people in possession of the actual prototype in question, and the people who made this design choice had to basically have the Horsemen's figure in their grubby little hands when they were making the design changes. The concept here is not a difficult one, and anyone who needs that much help to understand "make it look like the figure you already have" might not be in quite the right job...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

...you know what? I've decided not to buy Glimmer. I'm just so fed up with this stupidity and feigned ignorance.

Get real, Mattel.

I have a great idea to cover the to big leotard for Glimmer!
    They should release her toy skirt in Classics style to match with her leotard color and to clip over her waist like Adoras gun holder!
    I am sure she will cute with this skirt!! It is an real skirt piece than and everyone who dont like the wrong leotard size could cover it with the skirt piece. Maybe for an upcomming figure as an extra or so. What do you think?

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    I have a great idea to cover the to big leotard for Glimmer!
    They should release her toy skirt in Classics style to match with her leotard color and to clip over her waist like Adoras gun holder!
    I am sure she will cute with this skirt!! It is an real skirt piece than and everyone who dont like the wrong leotard size could cover it with the skirt piece. Maybe for an upcomming figure as an extra or so. What do you think?

http://www.timelesstrinkets.com/HeMa...cs/Glimmer.gif
    I pass on this idea. I would rather have toy Glimmer in her entirety.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I think the whole world knows this now...you post it everywhere hundred times

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I pass on this idea. I would rather have toy Glimmer in her entirety.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Perhaps I've missed something, and if so I apologize in advance. I was under the impression that it had been decided that all the pop girls where going to come with their own version of the She-ra shield. I've noticed Glimmer doesn't have one in any of her pictures. Is this something I made up in my head, after Casta and Frosta being released with shields, since they didn't have shields in their original toy line or was it really stated that they would come with shields and Glimmer just doesn't have one?
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora