Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Glimmer Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    And the point of saying a skull from the castle and a trooper were also stolen would have served what purpose? Adding to the believability? It all seems a tad much to claim this is all part of some massive conspiracy on Mattel's part in regards to Glimmer. Again, what would be the point?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Hearing Ruben just once I can tell he's got an arrogant streak to him, like he's God in design....sorry, no, you're not. He jacked up Stinkor because for whatever reason he thought he needed to POP....with brand new hairy forearms.... Yeah, then Bl-ASS-tic...
    I get Scott professionally defends him, but if I were him, I'd let Ruben answer for Ruben. That would be telling. Scott's in a bad spot. Can we get Ruben on a RGD without Scott and ask him some pointed questions?

I hope you're right about the face.

The pictures from the prototype and the pictures I've seen of the final figure show a pretty marked downgrade. The eyes, lips, and cheeks are just not what I would have expected, given how great some of the other female figures look.

I'm probably not going to buy Glimmer, unless people post some better pictures of the final figure or she lingers around Matty long enough for people to report on the quality. The figures being shown at the last two outings just make her a "pass."
    WTB:
    Loose: Palace Guards, Snake Men, Horde Troopers, Keldor Cape, Marlena Rifle, Whiplash
    MOC w/ mailers: Whiplash

Honestly the only thing left that I want is a great Entrapta!

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    That's not how it happened. I can say that firsthand.
    Isn't it true that Scott removed Glimmer from the case, though? She wasn't stolen by anyone, right?
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

I have firsthand knowledge that 3 of my cousin's nephews and two of their co-workers were all standing in front of the glass case staring intently at Glimmer and saw a shrouded chubby fellow open the case using a fingernail that was filed into the shape of a key. They swear they saw him snatch glimmer in his sweaty mitts and slink away leaving a trail of trimmed skirt bits. Later, my 3rd best friend, spotted him again in the crowd. He saw the man brush past Scott and drop Glimmer into his front pants pocket. Both Scott and the man exchanged weird winks with each other. I wasn't there, but I know that Scott IS A LIAR, Ruben has plans to add crappy faux skirts onto all future toys (including Castle Grayskull), and the shrouded chubby fellow was faking a limp.

Am I doing this right?

Sounds about right.

I get Scott professionally defends him, but if I were him, I'd let Ruben answer for Ruben. That would be telling. Scott's in a bad spot. Can we get Ruben on a RGD without Scott and ask him some pointed questions?
    I agree with you. Ruben is obviously the one to blame for all of these crappy decisions. He seems very impatient, and looks to have a bad temper. Watching the power-con panel it just seems like he has a chip on his shoulder, and he could really care less about the fans or the line. His demeanor and responses gave that impression. Leaving Scott to do all the damage control.

I do love Scott and have a tremendous amount of respect for him. If it weren't for him and the Horsemen this line wouldn't exist. They are true fans and I love them for that. I know that they are the ones really going to bat for us everytime with character selection, price point, extras, etc. We just need Mattel design to jump on board and resolve some of these issues that we have been discussing about for years.

These conspiracy theories are getting a little out of hand. I don't entirely trust Matty, but I also don't entirely trust rabid fans either I'm sorry to say. I think we've been very respectful about voicing our concerns, and it's nice to hear that Scott understands we're not about to let this issue rest despite his poorly phrased response that sounded like he was writing off the issue and ending it there. Because the issue hasn't been resolved, it's been made WORSE. Which I did not think was even possible...

I feel bad that Scott keeps having to hear about this issue, but a lot of people keep bringing it up because it is pretty important to the customers and we have seen, repeatedly, many ways to address the issue. I do think Scott has the fans' interests at heart, so I hope he keeps looking into it and understands just how important it is for the line moving forward.

That's not how it happened. I can say that firsthand.
    You say "firsthand" and yet offer no explanation as to what 'DID' happen. Care to elaborate?
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vgarrus View Post
    These conspiracy theories are getting a little out of hand. I don't entirely trust Matty, but I also don't entirely trust rabid fans either I'm sorry to say. I think we've been very respectful about voicing our concerns, and it's nice to hear that Scott understands we're not about to let this issue rest despite his poorly phrased response that sounded like he was writing off the issue and ending it there. Because the issue hasn't been resolved, it's been made WORSE. Which I did not think was even possible...

I feel bad that Scott keeps having to hear about this issue, but a lot of people keep bringing it up because it is pretty important to the customers and we have seen, repeatedly, many ways to address the issue. I do think Scott has the fans' interests at heart, so I hope he keeps looking into it and understands just how important it is for the line moving forward.
    I was the one who posted in this thread when i saw that manipulated Glimmer figure in the NYCC glass vitrine. I had no conspiracy in mind when i posted that picture which i found at toyark.com.

I was happy that she looked that good but when i put the link here the picture was shown at itīs full solution and than i saw the rough cut edges on her leotard. I was shocked and speechless.

Jon Wes reminded me to be patient and that this issue will be solved so i waited and he was right, a comment was made and i posted that answer here as well.

I donīt know what to think.

I know there has been a good looking Glimmer figure which we know now was manipulated by an unknown source but she looked that good that she fooled the people from MATTEL but before it could be analyzed it was stolen.

And thatīs a shame, i hoped that it at least could have helped to make the figures look closer to their source material designs and prototype figures/paintmasters sine it covered all the articulation but still was more form fitting than the official figure we will get.

Anyway.

Iīm looking forward to my Glimmer figure, i will not cut my figures leotard since iīm not a toy customer and would be afraid to make it even more worse and i feel i shouldīt have to.
    I will get used to how she looks and since i really like Glimmer as a character i will enjoy her no matter what
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

As much as I hate the "skirt/granny panties" look I gotta say that in person Glimmer and now Scorpia don't look all that bad. Something to get used to, but the figures coming out are all amazing, so I'm putting down my pitch fork and torch and enjoying the reveals as they come for the rest of 2014.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I was the one who posted in this thread when i saw that manipulated Glimmer figure in the NYCC glass vitrine. I had no conspiracy in mind when i posted that picture which i found at toyark.com.
    *SNIP*
    I may try a little skirt 'surgery' on my various females in 2014 as I will have two subs coming anyway. Depending on how the skirt looks after said surgery I may continue the practice or just pray eventually Mattel gets a handle on this.

Ultimately I'm both shocked and frankly ticked off that Mattel refuses to fix this skirt issue. We have products in hand that prove this longer "diaper-crotch" skirt is not necessary- ab crunch or no ab crunch- and yet even in the face of this proof TG refuses to work with us.

Why is it so impossible for them to go back to formula on this issue and perhaps redesign it? After all isn't this line firmly entrenched in a "we the people" mentality, seeing as though we support it financially and continue to breath last minute life into it year after year? If the customers speak loudly and often enough- one fan even going so far as to manually cut Glimmer's skirt to prove a point- why not fix it? Is it about tooling dollars? If so, put a vote to the fans. Do you want an upgraded skirt/waist for your females going forward that may eat up a figure slot in 2015? If so, vote yes/no. I refuse to believe fixing this is simply an impossibility. These figures exist because smart people got together and designed them. How difficult can it be- financially or via brain power- to repair this going forward? TG feeding us this blather about, it's been reviewed and this is as good as it gets, is about the equivalent of patting us on the head and telling us to shut up. In fact at this point it's the fact that we're being treated like children who can't discern a fact from a lie that bothers me the most. TG lying to us is another thing, but treating us like idiots is another.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    You say "firsthand" and yet offer no explanation as to what 'DID' happen. Care to elaborate?
    I do not care to elaborate lol. It's like a game of telephone on here. I will say:

Three things I did witness was taken out of context already (not on here).

I saw what scorn Scott's answers gave, so I won't fan the flames.

We know the Glimmer we are getting.

I know Scott wants this fixed. Even after saying Design can't. Please keep up hope.

I don't get the witch hunt. People are on Scott for Design and manufacturing issues. I get why as a Brand Mgr, but people are on him like he did these things. It's not his job to say things suck. He's in a tough spot.

As a fellow She-Raver, I would say focus on the tights, and also sound the trumpet on the loose fitting armor!!! Look at Seahawk and Hydron! Say something before we get to Extendar and Flogg! Put energies there.

I'd say PM me, but no one seems to respect the "P" in PM.

I will use my favorite go-to example. I remember fans were extremely upset when they canceled the brown Man-Bat in the Batman DC Superheroes toy line. Scott said the white albino San Diego Comic Con exclusive was the only version schedule for release. Fans were so upset and started accusing Scott of blackmailing us to get the only version of Man-Bat available. Fans would say they cancelled the brown one because they suspected correctly that the white one wouldn't sell when a brown one was more Comic accurate. We were being strong-armed! I was front-line on that theory. Everything about this had the earmarks of a switch, and it made sense from a business perspective.

The simple fact was the packaging guy wanted a cool comic con box to shine a light on the figure while upside down, and the brown color made it difficult to see this. They researched whether or not he had an albino appearance in the comics and at the time The Batman cartoon depicted Man-Bat as albino. Sadly, he was only white so they could shine a light on him when the box opened. No big conspiracy theory. That's it. It sucked, but that's all it was.

Say it's a bad idea and the waste of the SKU, don't accuse people of outright treachery.

I think Scott is only guilty of putting out fires with gasoline.
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; October 14, 2013 at 08:03pm.

Ultimately I'm both shocked and frankly ticked off that Mattel refuses to fix this skirt issue. We have products in hand that prove this longer "diaper-crotch" skirt is not necessary- ab crunch or no ab crunch- and yet even in the face of this proof TG refuses to work with us.
    This has been my issue all along. All of this just seems so easily remedeed, but they don't care. It doesn't help that there are some people on the org that don't care either. It's also very sad that Scott has not chimed in to fully address/clear this issue. At this point it does seem too late in the game. But it would be nice to save Angella, Mara, Huntara, and Mermista from this fate. Mermista will look very odd, that is if they even make her with her human legs.

If they just make them smaller they will look so much better. Perfect example is the Sorceress and she has the new 2.0 body. Why can't they just shrink them?

Most of my life, I have always looked at Glimmer as sort of an 'air head'. I never really saw her as "brash" or any kind of a hellion. I always saw her as a sweet, relatively harmless, air headed princess. It's because most of the characterization we have for so many characters comes from Filmation directly...it's only now that we can flesh out many of the characters' true nature.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Most of my life, I have always looked at Glimmer as sort of an 'air head'. I never really saw her as "brash" or any kind of a hellion. I always saw her as a sweet, relatively harmless, air headed princess. It's because most of the characterization we have for so many characters comes from Filmation directly...it's only now that we can flesh out many of the characters' true nature.
    This is a strange sentiment.

Why isn't the Filmation version the character's "true nature"? After all, Filmation gave life to these characters based on only vague, silly descriptions on toy packaging.

The MOTUC bios lack continuity or common sense and are not to my taste at all. They don't fit most of the characters' past information at all.

For me, the Filmation version is the true nature of the character, vibrantly portrayed in dozens of episodes.
    Last edited by jscott991; October 14, 2013 at 08:19pm.
    WTB:
    Loose: Palace Guards, Snake Men, Horde Troopers, Keldor Cape, Marlena Rifle, Whiplash
    MOC w/ mailers: Whiplash

Honestly the only thing left that I want is a great Entrapta!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post

Why is it so impossible for them to go back to formula on this issue and perhaps redesign it? After all isn't this line firmly entrenched in a "we the people" mentality, seeing as though we support it financially and continue to breath last minute life into it year after year? If the customers speak loudly and often enough- one fan even going so far as to manually cut Glimmer's skirt to prove a point- why not fix it?
    They don't care. They got their guaranteed sales for 2014, so they'll continue to do things their way and expect us to just shut up and take it. Never mind that we're their customers and next years sub lives or dies with us.

I think this quote from the Power-Con panel says it all:

Kid - (regarding Glimmer) "Who cares? Be thankful you're getting her at all".
    Ruben - "'Out of the mouths of babes'".

Heroic Warrior

Cool pic of the hand, thanks.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

This is getting out of hand.

Ahhh... I'm glad she lost the Mutant Thumb!!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    This is a strange sentiment.

Why isn't the Filmation version the character's "true nature"? After all, Filmation gave life to these characters based on only vague, silly descriptions on toy packaging.

The MOTUC bios lack continuity or common sense and are not to my taste at all. They don't fit most of the characters' past information at all.

For me, the Filmation version is the true nature of the character, vibrantly portrayed in dozens of episodes.
    FILMATION did a nice job for children but poor Glimmer suffered from inconsistent writing by their part.
    Sometime she could fly or turn herself into light so she couldīt be hurt surround herself with light and flew in a light bubble and other times she couldīt do anything and was helpless.

FILMATION created a father for her and than took him away because they couldīt be sure children would remember him or the episodes wouldīt be aired at the right continuity.
    And by making Angella her mother she was treated as a child most of the time since her mother was always near by.
    Even now, Angella is not mentioned in Glimmers bio and people ask about her mother. Itīs about Glimmer and not her mother if you ask me.

I like the strong, positive thinking Glimmer who went out and did what she could to fight for a free Etheria. I want her to grow up and not be put down again or stripped away from powers she already obtained.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by galaxysurfer View Post
    Wow. That must be one very skilled thief who can manipulate the locked cabinet, take her out and expertly and carefully trim the skirt (while being bumped and shoved by the crazy NYCC crowd, mind you) and then place her back and pose her for display. Oh and then come back to steal it later. Crafty, shady, dishonest individual, that one. The thief, that is. I'm of course referring to the thief.

I dont believe TG this time and the figures and accessories stolen from the booth were in the castle greyskull play-area, not in the case. it makes a big difference imo.
    may be that was just a hint for the upcoming release of NINJOR!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    It was the kid from the Power Con panel who was acting like an ass that did it.
    ahahhahahah
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    I dont believe TG this time and the figures and accessories stolen from the booth were in the castle greyskull play-area, not in the case. it makes a big difference imo.
    Believe it, there was definitely thievery going on at NYCC this year. I was involved with another booth who had an iPad stolen on the Sunday. They really had to work for it too, prying open the metal case it was sealed in with a screwdriver or something.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    No one here really knows either TG or Reuben, so talking about personalities and such is hard to back up. We can hold them accountable for what they've said in their official capacities, though, and often that has stoked the fires rather than put them out.

Now, admittedly, there are those people who are more concerned about being right than being smart (take a look at Washington just about any day of the week for some good examples). There may be some of that going on here, but I have no inside info to say one way or the other. What I do know is that, more often than not, the simplest explanations are the correct ones. And the simplest explanations for much of what we are unhappy with is cost cutting and lax oversight. Things like Stinkor's arms were most likely just another manufacturing goof in a long line of such errors (same happened with Frosta shortly thereafter), and the whole "design changed them to make them pop" was just a cover so they didn't have to admit it happened again. Blastic was cheaper, recycled plastic, pure cost cutting. And as I've maintained in another thread, the whole skirtgate thing is most likely a direct result of making the new female crotch piece too long, as we saw clearly with Tallstar. Fixing the problem would involve making a new mold for the base female body; it's cheaper to keep using the faulty piece and cover up the problems with a longer, wider skirt.

There's no big conspiracy, and I doubt it's all a result of egos run amok or no one caring. I think it's simply the same sort of corner cutting to save a few pennies here and there that we've seen in a lot of Mattel lines over the past several years.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman