Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Glimmer Discussion Thread

Glimmer looks amazing, and I can't wait to get her. Regarding NYCC, I simply don't care who cut her skirt or where she ended up.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    What a bunch of BS!! Yet there are some that are foolish enough to believe the ridiculous story given by Mattel. I am not buying the story that someone cut the diaper and stole her one bit. I hate dishonesty and I hate it when people don't own up to their mistakes. If this continues I'd rather not even make it to a 2015 sub. It's one let down after another, one excuse after another. I'm beginning to see a pattern. And while there are some that don't care about the diaper/skirt issue, I do. To be ignored, dismissed, and swept under the rug after many fans not only expressing concerns but solutions to the problem is a kick to the face.

I'm agree 100% that's why I'm not keeping quiet about this. But what I've said is the truth.

This line is so stressfull. It's the worst line to collect. What about Nepthu. When people asked Scott he's not planned right now. The next day he was up on eBay.

This whole Glimmer thing is really bothering me.

Make the dam toys and that's it.

Scott better hope that this no name figure is worth it. If its not gonna knock off the socks people Ra gonna gun for his job.

Also I think the way he responds to answers at power cons Q and A was disgusting. We are dedicated customers. Handing you a contract of a year in advance of figures, sight unseen. And you talk down to us. That was uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I'm agree 100% that's why I'm not keeping quiet about this. But what I've said is the truth.

This line is so stressfull. It's the worst line to collect. What about Nepthu. When people asked Scott he's not planned right now. The next day he was up on eBay.

This whole Glimmer thing is really bothering me.

Make the dam toys and that's it.

Scott better hope that this no name figure is worth it. If its not gonna knock off the socks people Ra gonna gun for his job.

Also I think the way he responds to answers at power cons Q and A was disgusting. We are dedicated customers. Handing you a contract of a year in advance of figures, sight unseen. And you talk down to us. That was uncalled for.
    See, this is the thing that I don't understand. Why so many people think this line is stressful? You say it yourself in your post so let me paraphrase...

Buy the dam toys and that's it.

If you do not like them, or if collecting these toys is causing you genuine aguish or stress or whatever then do not buy them. This is only stressful if you let it be. You raised a lot of things in this post that are going back quite a way and each of them are honestly only a big deal if you let them be or if you get carried away with the back and forth on the forums.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Whose going to gun for his job?

What I don't understand is, why would Scott put Glimmer out with Castle Grayskull; a 2014 subscription figure that NO ONE HAS and is not due for release until 4 months from now? They have NEVER done this before with the unreleased figures at SDCC or PowerCon. It makes no sense and, quite frankly, is just plain stupid. There is a reason why the future, unreleased figures and prototypes are behind glass in a locked case; to prevent people from stealing them. I guess Scott forgot that part.

But let's look at this some more...

We has two models at the show. One in the case and one We put out in the castle for Fans to play with (along with. horde trooper, trap jaw, Roboto etc...). While she was out some fan cut her skirt and later along with the trooper, trap jaw, and all the accessories and one gold skull was stolen off the table.

There were two Glimmer models and 6 Horde Troopera at the show, all interchanged between being in case or loose for play with the castle based on time of day and what was going on (ie shooting videos etc...). Once I noticed one of the Glimmers was vandalized i stopped putting that model in the case and eventually it was stolen (along with trap jaw and a Horde trooper) from the castle table.
    So, let me get this straight. Scott says he had 2 Glimmer models, one in the case and one outside by the Castle. And the one out with the castle was the one that got "vandalized" (despite the fact that no one saw this happen). Someone points out that the manipulated one was in the case, and Scott explains he "interchanged" the 2 Glimmer figures from being in the case to out with Castle Grayskull. Let's just say this is true...Why would you do this? What is the point of switching figures between two locations all day, especially if it is the same figure? He claims he only stopped switching them when he noticed one had been "vandalized", which means prior to this he thought they were the exact same. So, what is the benefit of switching out two of the exact same figure?

To me, this means Scott read how easily his other story about the thief got shredded; because the thief would have had to manage getting the key to open the display case in order to access Glimmer to A) trim the "skirt" and B) steal her. It makes absolutely no sense and people saw him remove Glimmer. So, he makes up this follow-up story that builds on the previous one, to "explain" how Glimmer was accessible and THEN ANOTHER follow up to explain why he was seen removing the figure and why the one in the case suddenly became the one outside the case.

See...it ALL makes sense now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    See, this is the thing that I don't understand. Why so many people think this line is stressful? You say it yourself in your post so let me paraphrase...

Buy the dam toys and that's it.
    I do not believe this qualifies as a paraphrase. Paraphrase, by definition, is to make a restatement of a text or passage in another form or other words, often to clarify meaning.

You're not clarifying or restating "Make the dam toys and that's it". You're forming a completely different statement by changing the word "Make" to "Buy".
    Last edited by King Tamusk; October 18, 2013 at 01:34am.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I do not believe this qualifies as a paraphrase. Paraphrase, by definition, is to make a restatement of a text or passage in another form or other words, often to clarify meaning.

You're not clarifying or restating "Make the dam toys and that's it". You're forming a completely different statement by changing the word "Make" to "Buy".
    Thanks for that Tamusk. Where would I be without you.

My point still stands though.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Whose going to gun for his job?
    Apparently some of the posters here that are infallible and never make mistakes,etc and in their world would run this line SOOOOO much better than can be humanly imagined....

Court Magician
    In the wake of all this intrigue this sort of seems like a moot point now, but I guess it's official - Glimmer's NOT getting her shield.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
    In the wake of all this intrigue this sort of seems like a moot point now, but I guess it's official - Glimmer's NOT getting her shield.
    Glimmer never had a shield.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Glimmer never had a shield.
    Neither did Frosta or Castaspella. It was a trend that seemed to develop for all vintage PoP ladies that showed up in MOTUC. Until now.

I do wonder...Is the gem from her staff the same size and cut as the shield gems?
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Pardon me whether this has already been asked or answered, but do we know if Glimmer's wand and crown glow in the dark like the vintage figure's?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Pardon me whether this has already been asked or answered, but do we know if Glimmer's wand and crown glow in the dark like the vintage figure's?
    'This has already been answered, please use the search facility'

No, they will not glow in the dark.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Neither did Frosta or Castaspella. It was a trend that seemed to develop for all vintage PoP ladies that showed up in MOTUC. Until now.
    She never had one and with her powers she actually does´t need one if you ask me.

But i´m not a fan for generic shields in different colors. If every one had their own style like Catra i would love them! I know back in vintage POP with wave 2 all the characters got the same shield in their own color but these days i would hope for different shields or completely different weapons or accessories.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    She never had one and with her powers she actually does´t need one if you ask me.

But i´m not a fan for generic shields in different colors. If every one had their own style like Catra i would love them! I know back in vintage POP with wave 2 all the characters got the same shield in their own color but these days i would hope for different shields or completely different weapons or accessories.
    I've always liked that most of them have the same shield, I think it's like a sign of their membership in the Great Rebellion. The elite rebels carry the Great Rebellion shield. I dunno that's just how I like to think of it.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Well, ignore me, but even a 2 year old would not believe Scott's "The Stolen Glimmer's Story" !!!!!

BTW Scott, Did that "stolen" Glimmer "lost" her articulation because of that trimming effect ????

Let me know !!!!!!!!!!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Design probably couldn't afford to include a shield without driving up the cost of the figure. The staff, the marble (crystal), and all the new sculpting probably capped the figure's cost. They probably had to make a choice between including the shield or the marble.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Well, ignore me, but even a 2 year old would not believe Scott's "The Stolen Glimmer's Story" !!!!!

BTW Scott, Did that "stolen" Glimmer "lost" her articulation because of that trimming effect ????

Let me know !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Design probably couldn't afford to include a shield without driving up the cost of the figure. The staff, the marble (crystal), and all the new sculpting probably capped the figure's cost. They probably had to make a choice between including the shield or the marble.
    I would say keep the marble, give us the shield, it's not like you couldn't pick up a clear marble at a craft store, and the first time she, for whatever reason, falls over that marble is gone anyway
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Okay what solution do you guys want from the stolen Glimmer situation?
    I can't tell if this is supposed to be one of your sarcastic/ironic comments or not. I mean, it must be. You are a smart guy, and it couldn't be more obvious.

The truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Customikey View Post
    This isn't an issue for me personally, and I'm sorry for everyone who's disappointed, but the pure vitriol over the issue, which has included calling TG names etc, seems really unwarranted. A bit over the top.
    Because this is the first time that anything like this has ever happened, right? I mean, people couldn't just be completely fed up with the lack of veracity or consistency in statements made by official Mattel personnel because this is the first time anything like this has even been a question. We've never had any reason to doubt before, why would we now?

I mean, it makes perfect sense - someone snuck a very sharp cutting tool into NYCC, and walked up to the Mattel booth, and without anyone seeing made several perfect, strategic cuts into Glimmer's leotard, on a very fragile prototype, and none of the 130,000 people in attendance saw it. And then after it had been on display, came back and stole it, because they have some Harry Potter cloak of invisibility and evaded those 130,000 people, including Mattel employees who were at the booth, all the attendees with video cameras, the Mattel employees at surrounding booths, and the private security surveillance.

It all sounds so perfectly logical, doesn't it? I mean, I don't get why anyone would doubt that is what happened, with the absolute rock of honesty that we always know and expect from Matty and it's representatives.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    I would say keep the marble, give us the shield, it's not like you couldn't pick up a clear marble at a craft store, and the first time she, for whatever reason, falls over that marble is gone anyway
    I couldn't agree more here. The marble is a nice touch, but I really liked the sense of continuity all the Great Rebellion members so far getting shields created. I like what you said Jubilation about all the elite warriors carrying similar shields as status symbols of their membership in the Great Rebellion. It's definitely that way in my own cannon too. Not getting a shield with Glimmer is a bit of a let down, but all in all I still think she looks very lovely - no quite as lovely as the hand painted prototype did of course, but that's just to be expected. As I said in an earlier post - MOTUC POP figures have FORCED me to learn to become a customizer lol.

Bamf1980 - Im curious about the gem in her staff as well. I fear it will be hard to find a gem the exact same shade of yellow to match her staff for the custom shield I'll be making for Glimmer. I think that the gem in the staff is a little bigger and differently shaped from the gem in the shield just eye balling it. I'd be very interested to hear what ideas others have for a shield for Glimmer. I wonder how close the yellow gem in Castaspella's shield will be to matching the gem in her staff? That would be a quick and easy custom to be sure.

Haaaaaaang on...

So, a fan stole Glimmer from *inside* the display case when nobody was looking. That fan then proceeded to pull out a pair of heavy duty scissors and trim her 'skirt' away from the prying eyes of Mattel. They then trotted back to the Mattel booth and put her back?

This is the biggest load of old cobblers I've ever heard. I'm sorry, but do they seriously take us for fools?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Wow - just when I thought Glimmer's lame crotch couldn't be any more disappointing, this lame story of a robbery comes along. I don't know if it's true or not...

...but I would like to see a pic of this "trimmed" Glimmer, the one which was supposedly fixed and then put back in the case and then taken away. Anyone got a pic? I went a few pages back but didn't spot it...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Wow - just when I thought Glimmer's lame crotch couldn't be any more disappointing, this lame story of a robbery comes along. I don't know if it's true or not...

...but I would like to see a pic of this "trimmed" Glimmer, the one which was supposedly fixed and then put back in the case and then taken away. Anyone got a pic? I went a few pages back but didn't spot it...
    1378561_10100488693221674_868471511_n.jpg
    10226239846_38e2c623b0_b.jpg
    DSC01551.jpg
    Last edited by Firesoullove; October 21, 2013 at 07:30pm.

Ahhh...

See? That looks a bit better!

...but who did it? Mattel? I find it hard to believe someone could have trimmed her without anyone noticing...

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    I can't tell if this is supposed to be one of your sarcastic/ironic comments or not. I mean, it must be. You are a smart guy, and it couldn't be more obvious.

The truth.

Is it going to change the Glimmer we are getting? Whether Scott made up the story or not, changes nothing. I would focus on changing the way they handle future female figures and let this isolated "story" go. Choose your battles.