Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Glimmer Discussion Thread

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    looking at the pics it could have been done with 3 snips of a pair of scissors, is it something that should be fixed yes. is it annoying to most filmation/pop fans yes. is it plausible a fan could do it without someone seeing yes!

like many of you i dislike the flap but at this point given that in 2 years we will have all vintage and most a-listers ithink mattel would rather hold of on creating brand new parts untill they see the line lasting beyond the vintage
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Look at Octavia's crotch and Glimmer's crotch and Scorpia's crotch: They are entirely original pieces! Mattel is making new casts for every single one of them!

That argument doesn't hold water.

Are people still going on about this crotch thing. Glimmer looks amazing and the crotch been like that does not ruin the whole figure.

...um yeah people are still "going on" about Mattel's inability to handle basic human anatomy (when they so choose).

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    ...um yeah people are still "going on" about Mattel's inability to handle basic human anatomy (when they so choose).
    This issue needs further investigation and some real answers from Mattel before I personally would consider it ready to be 'put to bed'. The fans have proven an ability to move mountains with this line and yet a chorus of requests to fix this issue go unanswered, with replies of; "this is as good as it gets guys"?? How is this even possible? I'm about ready to call borderline conspiracy here as it seems like some mandate from on high preventing these skirts from being able to be a normal length. Like some manager in Mattel stating these can't be shorter because it invalidates some perception of decency mandates for the company. Not kidding here either. This has some deeper meaning other than Matty simply deciding to be immobile on the topic.

Consider this; our dollars literally fund this line which should put a certain amount of 'voting' power in our corner, and yet on this issue--- nope. What is truly at work here? Call us a bunch of crotch fixated fans if you like, but this needs true resolution IMHO.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Any word on Glimmer yet? Anybody get a review sample/copy of her? I'm dying to know how the final product turned out in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Any word on Glimmer yet? Anybody get a review sample/copy of her? I'm dying to know how the final product turned out in hand.
    Over at Mattyīs forum i asked about Two Bads, Moduloks and Glimmers preview sample and if they are sent out.

Do you want to guess which one of these three hasnīt been sent out because the factory didnīt send out a sample….

guess…

yes…

here it comes…

The other were sent out already and the Fwoosh already posted the Two Bad review
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Thanks for the info Niki. When a movie director doesn't believe in his film, he blocks reviews until the film is released. I know the skirt issue was a big one, but I really think those who want Glimmer will buy her regardless.

Really disappointed at how Matty/Mattel has fallen apart in only a few months. Everything was going so well in the beginning of the year. Now everything is back to being awful. Shipping, sales, glitches...everything is a mess again.

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Thanks for the info Niki. When a movie director doesn't believe in his film, he blocks reviews until the film is released. I know the skirt issue was a big one, but I really think those who want Glimmer will buy her regardless.

Really disappointed at how Matty/Mattel has fallen apart in only a few months. Everything was going so well in the beginning of the year. Now everything is back to being awful. Shipping, sales, glitches...everything is a mess again.
    Doom and gloom!! Dooooom and glooooommmmm!!! How many times have the samples been sent out after the figure's release and everything is just fine? I mean, really. We still have until February 17th, over 2 months away. What next? Will they still claim that Extendar cannot hold his lance?
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

I am very much looking forward to Glimmer, so I was hoping she would be included in this round of previews when they arrived. BUT… Modulok was not either, so there is still time to see both of them before February. Hopefully it will happen.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    I am very much looking forward to Glimmer, so I was hoping she would be included in this round of previews when they arrived. BUT… Modulok was not either, so there is still time to see both of them before February. Hopefully it will happen.
    Yes, they only sent out Two Bad and Hydron since those were they only ones they got as samples. That actually helped with my disappointment a little bit until i saw that link, posted at the Modulok thread dated 14th of december:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...match-madness/

How many Moduloks where used for that?
    Last edited by Niki; December 15, 2013 at 12:06pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

about six moduloks... based on the green heads shown. Probably more.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

On youtube is a review from Glimmer... I am not sure where he got the figure so I will not post a link... he also posted pics from Loo Kee and Filmation color Kowl (!!!).
    Last edited by Firesoullove; December 18, 2013 at 05:09pm.

I saw the review...figure looks pretty good. Her face is a bit 'butter', but overall the figure is nice.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Just found it and it is from I don't want to get banned.

Perhaps employed by Mattel Germany? Perhaps Mattel Germany hooks him up like US does Dan and the Fwoosh? I didn't see anything in the rules that said we couldn't post a link...If this is a rule I'm unaware of, then my apologies] ... Perhaps he works for the factory?

I am officially bummed that we are not getting short and long staff shafts like Evil-Lyn got.
    Bonus short wand as an item with future figure mayhaps?

I'm confused...Well I don't "Sprechen" the German so "no duh" I'm confused.

What did he say about dumpy crotch!!?! It looked fixed, then I saw arrows. then it looked broken again.
    Nevermind that was a copped photo of the custom that Mr. E Scissors made from NYCC pointing out how bad dumpy crotch is.
    dammit, I had hope for a second.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; December 19, 2013 at 05:23am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I think she looks gorgeous! The flap stinks, but I think I'll get used to it. Love the paints and the way her face turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Just found it and it is from (redacted).

Perhaps he works for the factory? Perhaps employed by Mattel Germany?

[I'm posting because I didn't see anything in the rules that said we couldn't post a link...If this is an rule I'm unaware of, then my apologies]
    There are people who have the 'inside track' or connections, so it's possible the individual got one that way. There was a guy at NYCC that already had a few Castle Grayskull playsets (not for sale, but he had access to them months ago). I actually don't mind, because we get first looks at the hot items!
    Last edited by sirsniffy; December 17, 2013 at 12:54pm. Reason: Removed Offensive link

They wrote he bought them and got the figures not directly from mattel, so I am not sure it is allowed, thats why I dont post a Link.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    sirsniffy, Firesoullove
    Excellent avatars dudes and/or Dudettes. Flutterina was always the prettiest girl in the Great Rebellion. She was the first girl I ever truly loved. (I was 4, so it wasn't anything strange or nothing...)

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The flap stinks, but I think I'll get used to it.
    Bro, do your laundry...Oh you mean Glimmers dumpy crotch don't you?

BONUS QUESTION:what do you think Glimmers real name is gonna be?
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; December 17, 2013 at 12:49pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Itīs funny to hear a review in german iīm so used to PIXEL DANs reviews.

I like that review. He is pointing out that her leotard is different from the prototype version and in the same sentence he changes the word for pants into skirt without noticing it. He is right it is more like a skirt now. So i canīt blame him

In this review comparing the figure with the FILMATION screen shots itīs very obvious that they changed her outfit colors from magenta into purple and toning down her pink colored hair

Iīm so looking forward to her, thanks for that review!
    Last edited by Niki; December 17, 2013 at 12:48pm.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    BONUS QUESTION:what do you think Glimmers real name is gonna be?
    I love Flutterina actually, one of my most sought after PoP figures. I hope they get a production version soon so I can replace my Avatar pic.

As for Glimmer's real name. I bet it will be something like Kira, or Cara, or something with an 'a' on the end. Or maybe Toyguru might choose something related to jewelry like Crystal or Opal. As long as they don't change Angella's name, I will be fine. Angella is actually a decent "real" name!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Glimmer's real name is Glimmer

Her bio was shown a while back, at Comikizee (or however you spell that) I believe. I'll look for the image.

Found it!

null_zps61bd615b.jpg

I am glad that they didn't give her a "real name".
    Last edited by Barezz; December 17, 2013 at 01:06pm.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

The background illustrations in that video are GORGEOUS!!! I really appreciate them having an ETHERIA background with the Crystal Castle!!!!
    Last edited by Kevenn; December 17, 2013 at 01:16pm.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Glimmer's real name is Glimmer

Her bio was shown a while back, at Comikizee (or however you spell that) I believe. I'll look for the image.

Found it!

null_zps61bd615b.jpg

I am glad that they didn't give her a "real name".
    Oooh, Thanks so much for this! I missed this. So HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY they chose to name her Glimmer! Another fine addition to the great rebellion!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    he also posted pics from Loo Kee and Filmation color Kowl
    What?!?! Did the reviewer imply that Loo-Kee and Filmation Kowl were "bonus" accessories with Glimmer? Or were they reviewed separately to Glimmer?