Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Official Glimmer Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    So do they make glow in the dark paint to sell at craft stores?if they do ill go to Michael's here in town and get some for glimmer.I always end up doing custom work on these guys and gals anyway

I can't wait for Glimmer, and I think the staff and the orb are very cool. I do miss the shield though, just because the other ladies had them. I never really noticed the absence with the Star Sisters, maybe because they were prototype characters and kinda stand on their own to me, but I do miss it with Glimmer. If we did get a weapons pack, I could totally see it being included. We heard pretty definitively that the Kowl pack was the last though, right?
    Wes

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzed off View Post
    So do they make glow in the dark paint to sell at craft stores?if they do ill go to Michael's here in town and get some for glimmer.I always end up doing custom work on these guys and gals anyway
    I thought Glimmer's orb and staff were supposed to glow in the dark?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Warrior
    Nope.they were never designed to

Court Magician
    I'll have to see how prices work out for Gliimmer on the secondary market. I made the mistake of buying Castaspella from Matty, actually 2 so I could keep the better one and sell the other--and yet despite her being one of the best female figures released, quality wise, and basically exactly what people want in a PoP female--she couldn't even keep her at-cost value in the secondary. I could have easily scored one off eBay for under $30 MOC, shipping included, had I only waited.

And that's my conundrum with some of these. I love PoP, I'd love to collect them all and be willing to pay a full standard Matty price for them--but it doesn't make sense to do that anymore. Many of these figures need an extra OOMPH, especially to sell them to people who may be leery of, but ultimately open to, PoP figures and characters.

That thru me for a loop too. Glimmer is already popping up for sale below cost though. She is a weaker figure than Castaspella who was perfect. Its a shame to see her fetching N.A. or Frosta/Netossa prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    I'll have to see how prices work out for Gliimmer on the secondary market. I made the mistake of buying Castaspella from Matty, actually 2 so I could keep the better one and sell the other--and yet despite her being one of the best female figures released, quality wise, and basically exactly what people want in a PoP female--she couldn't even keep her at-cost value in the secondary. I could have easily scored one off eBay for under $30 MOC, shipping included, had I only waited.

And that's my conundrum with some of these. I love PoP, I'd love to collect them all and be willing to pay a full standard Matty price for them--but it doesn't make sense to do that anymore. Many of these figures need an extra OOMPH, especially to sell them to people who may be leery of, but ultimately open to, PoP figures and characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzed off View Post
    Nope.they were never designed to
    Ah, yeah, here's why I thought they did; "With the power to light the way, Glimmer™ uses her abilities against the darkness with her staff and headdress which glow in the dark." I didn't see the blurb where they say they don't glow in the dark. Kind of stupid, if you ask me since it seems like this would have been something easy to do...
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    I think you'll find that PoP figures are like that mainly because most of the PoP fans are full-on subscribers, and there has really been no need for multiples on anything but She-ra (no alternate heads, no different looks, etc.) more than any extra "oomph" would do. Most of us that are primarily here for PoP also accept the greater MOTUC as a whole, whereas there are plenty of "vintage MOTU-only" folks who do not - they only want that one specific thing (which is why they don't sub). There also isn't a whole lot of PoP to establish a real collection, up until this point - I mean, we didn't get the first non-She-Ra/Bow Great Rebellion character until Frosta in Fall 2012. We still only really have a handful of them. I think if they do (please please please) do a PoP sub, the older figures will become more popular once there is actually something of significance to collect.

That said, they do cost-cut the PoP figures to a scale they simply don't others - we get told capes count as accessories, and the lack of boot cut affects all females but PoP more than any. And they also seem to muck them up pretty well - giving Frosta a dirty-snow look, not including a helmet on Netossa, etc.

I'm just grateful we are finally getting them. The only reason I started collecting this line was on the promise of PoP, for the figures I always wanted to get made (I really didn't care for the look or design of the vintage toys, they weren't the characters I loved from the show for the most part). I was just about ready to call it quits and sell off my full collection because it just didn't look like we were getting them and just were being strung along.

I don't blame you at all, though - however you can get them most cheaply, I say go for it - and as an added bonus, you probably get them 2-3times more quickly than you would from DR, to boot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    Ah, yeah, here's why I thought they did; "With the power to light the way, Glimmer™ uses her abilities against the darkness with her staff and headdress which glow in the dark." I didn't see the blurb where they say they don't glow in the dark. Kind of stupid, if you ask me since it seems like this would have been something easy to do...
    That bit of extra paint would have blown the budget - I'm convinced that when they sit down to cost out a PoP figure, they look at the prototype and figure out how they can pare it down to the absolute bare minimum acceptable, then take just a bit more away since they know they have us by the 'short hairs', and put the budget savings into whatever favorite figure Scott has coming up next.

I was never a fan of Glimmer's design. Now THIS would be a great look for her:

http://natebaertsch.deviantart.com/a...etch-143364371

Bow and She-Ra with Glimmer Beautiful
    2014-03-29 13_59_53 masters of the universe classics.jpg
    2 HIGH PRIESTESS 3 EMPRESS SHE-MAN MASTERS
    He-Man Masters of the Universe Classics Princess of Power She-Ra Bow
    http://mastersoftheuniverseclassicsh...assics-images/

Is anyone else planning on giving Glimmer Entrapta's shield? The colors look perfect for the switch, and in my opinion the shields are for the Great Rebellion ladies, not the Horde. I'm really glad to see that Flutterina, Mermista and Spinnerella all had one. I hope all the remaining Great Rebellion ladies do too.
    Wes

Widget
    I can't get over how awkwardly tall this young teen princess of power is! I can't UNSEE her TOO_TALLNESS @ All! I can't believe the crap I've seen for the POP releases that would never have plagued some of the MOTU vintage characters. !st of all, Scott must of thought the POP girls were all members of The GREY Rebellion! She-ra, FROSTA (poor Frosta who should be my favorite but is far from it in her MOTUC execution), Netossa, & NOW scott must of confused the NA VARIANT: TOO TALL HOOVE w/ teenaged Princess Of Power GLIMMER! She should be another favorite to me, I can't unsee her newfound AMAZON stature! WHY? & the Bios kill me, they are always fighting off Catra & other Bad girls from spoiling their Fun! LOL! Too funny! TOO SAD

Scott, It was NA TOO-TALL HOOVE,....NOT POP TOO-TALL GLIMMER!

Scott, It's The GREAT Rebellion,.....NOT The GREY Rebellion!

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    I can't get over how awkwardly tall this young teen princess of power is! I can't UNSEE her TOO_TALLNESS @ All! I can't believe the crap I've seen for the POP releases that would never have plagued some of the MOTU vintage characters. !st of all, Scott must of thought the POP girls were all members of The GREY Rebellion! She-ra, FROSTA (poor Frosta who should be my favorite but is far from it in her MOTUC execution), Netossa, & NOW scott must of confused the NA VARIANT: TOO TALL HOOVE w/ teenaged Princess Of Power GLIMMER! She should be another favorite to me, I can't unsee her newfound AMAZON stature! WHY? & the Bios kill me, they are always fighting off Catra & other Bad girls from spoiling their Fun! LOL! Too funny! TOO SAD

Scott, It was NA TOO-TALL HOOVE,....NOT POP TOO-TALL GLIMMER!

Scott, It's The GREAT Rebellion,.....NOT The GREY Rebellion!
    Well…

I think you have every right to be upset and to say your thoughts as they are absolutely valued and on point. They decided to make the female buck as tall as the male buck, it happened a long time ago. Yes, it would have been nice if the females in this line wouldnīt be as tall as they are but they are and we canīt do anything about it.

They white has been discussed as well and we got Bubble Power She-Ra she is very white and NA She-Ra seems to be as well. POP wasnīt the only faction who got some color issues look at Power Punch He-Man his body as discolored as well and the fans spoke up and NA He-Man for example has his tan back.

Frosta has her issues and it is a shame, Glimmer isnīt perfect and i donīt like that as well but underneath that flaws we finally get our favorite characters as figures again and that makes me happy.

I donīt want to patronize you, believe me normally iīm the the one who others tell i need to see the fun side of things and lighten up a bit.
    So iīm passing on this advise which helped me to enjoy this figures for what they are. Figures of my favorite toy characters who bring so much joy to me
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither