View Poll Results: Would you prefer a live action movie or a movie cartoon?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would prefer a live action movie with true actors

32 35.96%
  • I would prefer a cartoon with amazing animations

23 25.84%
  • I would love both

34 38.20%
  • Not interested in a movie

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you prefer a live action movie or a movie cartoon?

Would you prefer a live action movie or a movie cartoon?

It is known a live action movie will be released in the next months (or years) with true actors.

I'm very suspicious about a MOTU movie with true actors.
    I would have preferred a cartoon of 1 hours an a Half with a big budget and very good animations.

What about you?
    Last edited by Khror; April 11, 2010 at 06:02pm.

Live-action. Animation would feel like a cop-out, IMO.

i would love a new Live Action movie in the near future.

But I would love a MYP cartoon straight to DVD movie to hold us over.

The first three episodes of the MYP storyline was pretty much an animated movie as far as I'm concerned. I was very pleased with that so I voted for live-action. I'd love to see it, and very interested in seeing if anyone could pull it off.

We've had, probably, hundreds of hours of He-man animation to date, but only an hour and a half-ish of live action. And, granted I'm not a kid any more, but none of those hours ever produced the same "hairs on the back of your neck" excitement that just a few minutes of seeing the characters brought to life did.

Can't say if the two are mutually exclusive that yet more animation would be top of my list.

Heroic Warrior
    I would like a Live action movie with CGI for the characters that need it. I hope they make a good choice.
    Motu 4 Life!!

Dude, who would want lice???
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    no no "lice-action" it's sort of like a flea circus for the movies. Seriously though I'd prefer live action, or at least realistic CG. A cartoon movie of MOTU (even if done great) wouldn't be anything new or groundbreaking.

gotta say im not too interested in any comic/cartoon/toys properties turned into live action... i often think it looks silly... BUT an animated feature length would be fantastic...i love all the straight to dvd dc/marvel moves that have come out...and i like to see heman do that ..but on the big screen.... please no guys in tights....
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

A live action movie would be a One Shot movie with a different canon...
    It will be something else but not MOTU as it is knowed.

A live action movie could be awesome for sure... but after a month or two nothing will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    A live action movie would be a One Shot movie with a different canon...
    It will be something else but not MOTU as it is knowed.

A live action movie could be awesome for sure... but after a month or two nothing will remain.
    Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Strange.

Very Strange.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Id like a live action movie with very heavy special effects to give it a cartoony feel. Something like Sky Captain or Sin City.

And Pixar needs to get to work on making a lice action movie. I think that could work too.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Both would rock. SOrt of like the Watchmen. Where the live-action is awesome and gives the newbies to the scene an in plus loads of new stuff for the veteren fan, and the suppliment cartoon could have side stories and more explanation as to what went on in the background.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

I'd like to see both.

Obviously, the live action feature would take precedence but an movie length feature animation could be a supplement of sorts. I'm thinking along the lines like how those DC animations are movie length. The live action feature i think has nothing to do with the movie length animation.

The thing that worries me about a live action feature is that it'll be MotU only in name while the movie is 're-invented' in movie speak and employs literally zero of the mythos.

As Mattel have said (something along the lines of anyway): anything is possible in a movie year... so we'll see.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Keeper of the Chaos Eye Neaves The Wicked's Avatar
    I would love to see a live action movie! I want it to be set in Eternia no mention of Earth. I want it to be real looking. I'd love to see strydor and all of the other technology things from the cartoon but I want it to be a Dark movie. I would also like for He-Man to be an Unknown actor IMHO having Dolph as He-Man made me shy away from it simply because I saw him in Rocky 4 before Masters came out and it made it completely unreal to me. I want this to be like a living Earl Norem painting!
    And you thought Skeletor was dead???

I would love both a live action movie in theaters and a direct to DVD/Blu-Ray animated film, kind of like what DC and Marvel do with some of their properties.

I'm okay with both. For live action, definitely get a well built actor who can act to play He-Man.

A DTV animated movie would be great with the feel of the DC animated movies.

A fan, not a nostalgic
    I want it live action and I want it 3D (and I mean shot in 3D like Avatar, NOT shot in 2D and sloppily converted to an unconvincing 3D like Clash of the Titans). I also want a tie-in video game, and I want that in 3D too.
    Last edited by Devil Master; July 24, 2012 at 12:53pm.

Definitely would prefer live action. I love animation but as someone mentioned upthread we've had hundreds of hours of He-Man in animated media.
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I worry about the direction a live action movie would take.
    They usually turn out very unlike anything recognizable.
    Look at the past he-man movie 1987. g.i. joe movie, transformers, ninja turtles.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

It would be extremely awesome of they did a motu movie in the wow cinematics style. Those are unbelievably cool.

Last edited by Neo; August 20, 2012 at 02:45pm.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    It would be extremely awesome of they did a motu movie in the wow cinematics style. Those are unbelievably cool.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zopwj...e_gdata_player
    That's not a bad idea. It's actually a pretty good compromise between live action and animation.

BTW is that Po from Kung Fu Panda?
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zopwj...e_gdata_player
    I voted live action movie but if cinematic movie was done id totally be up for it, those DC cinematics are awesome.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    That's not a bad idea. It's actually a pretty good compromise between live action and animation.
    As far as I can tell, that's a regular 3D-CGI animation clip from start to end, with no live-action footage (real actors and/or landscapes) anywhere. Things like that is what anyone should have in mind as the standard for a "movie cartoon" made nowadays (although, in fact, to be really up-to-date, it should be "3D" animation also in the stereoscopic sense). So I can't see how anyone in 2012 might think of it as a "hybrid" of live action, or as anything to be really wowed about, rather than demand it as the minimum baseline for a current Hollywood-budget animated movie. Videogames have been including "cinematic" clips in that style since long ago.

Maybe some people still associate "animated" or "movie cartoon" with the 2D hand-drawing animation of yore. Remember, Toy Story was produced almost two decades ago, when a state-of-the-art workstation had a single-core Pentium I running at 100 MHz with 128 MB of RAM. Current computers can regularly churn out lifelike animation with ease. Sure, anyone can put out an old-style 2D animation flick whenever they like (which if done right is, of course, a nice artsy style in itself); just like from time to time someone produces a new B&W film for art purposes. But in terms of technical prowess, it would be about as "of this day and age" as a silent movie. We're in 2012, not 1982—heck, even the MYP anime series a decade ago (as good as it was) was already antiquated for its time as far as animation technique goes (it would have fit in 1992, rather than 2002).

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    I voted live action movie but if cinematic movie was done id totally be up for it, those DC cinematics are awesome.
    When I voted I prefer "a movie cartoon", I meant precisely such kind of modern-day "wow"-lifelike 3D-CGI animation; certainly not a quaint Filmation or MYP revival.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog