View Poll Results: Would you prefer a live action movie or a movie cartoon?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would prefer a live action movie with true actors

32 35.96%
  • I would prefer a cartoon with amazing animations

23 25.84%
  • I would love both

34 38.20%
  • Not interested in a movie

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you prefer a live action movie or a movie cartoon?

What would've been SWEET for the Anniversary, is if we would've got an animated movie (Straight to DVD) that could not only whet the appetites of fans and bring in new ones, but also test the market as well!

Definitely a CGI film with the amazing work that can be done IS A MUST! And then live-action would mature it that much more and blow our minds away!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Those DC Universe animated films are pretty decent. I'd like to see something like that, sure.
    That said, an live action film would be better. I don't want it in 3-D, I want it in IMAX, and I want it to be LOTR-style epic. Expansive world and plot, deep characterization, large cast, mature discussion of the subjects, you know, the whole deal.

But if I'm being honest, what I really want is an animated TV show with all those things.

Widget
    Live action, saturated with an Earl Norem vibe. That to me is perfection.

Court Magician
    London. Though my heart yearns for the dense woodlands of Southern England...
    I'd LOVE an epic live action movie, like a combination of 300, Lord of the Rings and John Carter, but chances are any studio who got it would change it about to try to fit some imaginary core audience, so it would become a distorted vague shadow of what we love. I am a MASSIVE G.I.Joe fan, and Rise of Cobra is one of the worst property to movie adaptions I have ever seen. Apart from Street Fighter. That really DOES suck. The one with the Van Dammage. Just...wow. I voted animation, because then which ever studio picks up the licence, there's less chance of them trying to get too involved and get their own way. I want dc animated Jonah Hex, NOT live action Hex. Studios tend to rearrange the core mythos of a property to try and make something new and fresh, but they tend to dissengage the core fanbase in the hope of attracting new fans, which isn't a long term plan. The Marvel movies have been the perfect way to bridge both worlds, they are dynamic, fun, exciting, stay close enough to the source material and make epic, positive films. But they are the rare success story, there are far more failures than successes in movie adaptions. Daredevil, the Fantastic Four, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern... SO...BAD... I vote animation, because then it can keep the same wide scope, and not be so limited by budget or altered too much by studio execs who don't have any understanding of what makes the original material so timeless.
    Like a one man wolf pack!

At this point, I dont care, as long as we get a new movie of SOME type, Just as long as its good!
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

Thrashor would enjoy both. He would like to see a live action film trilogy and also a few animated films much akin to those done by Marvel for adults, thus the animations could be aimed at the "30 somethings" that grey up with MotU and give them an adult take on the franchise, while the movies could go for the blockbuster family fun market.

The most radical zombie, in all Eternia!
    YouTube: Mal TV - Metal, Toys, Video Games, & Beyond!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Just one thing.
    NO CGI AT ALL.
    Death to all computer stuff.
    MOTU is from the glorious day when the computers are slaves and not masters so please no CGI at all.
    Just a wonderful animated movie like the ol' daze animated movie...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

A mix of:

and

The most radical zombie, in all Eternia!
    YouTube: Mal TV - Metal, Toys, Video Games, & Beyond!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I've thought it through many times and there is really no room for a space drama in the basic story of He-Man and She-Ra. Beleive it or not there is actualy no room for grand barbarianism in Masters either.

Although animation could be done,, and even awesome rotoscope stuff like Bakashi and Fraszetta were over-seeing in 'Fire and Ice', I think still people have been waiting for a live or as real to life as possible movie for some time.
    (not that the '87 movie was not a good try)

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    The '87 movie was amazing as a kid and is still awesome now, given what they had to work with. That being said I want the next movie to be LOTR meets John Carter. Have it set entirely in Eternia and use all the major players. Epic new all classical score (No pop songs, NO TAYLOR SWIFT). Hopefully they get an amazing cohesive script and a great cast.

I voted for both because there is no reason we can't have both. But if they do a theatrical release I say balls to the wall live action. Live action movies are an event, animated movies not so much. ESP when the property is the 'comeback' of an old franchise. think about it this way, if Tim Burton's batman were an animated feature, do you think it would have made the same impact it did and usher in the still ongoing super hero movie boom?

Live action gets the buzz machine going full steam. Animated doesn't.

This Monday, October 15th, Japan is starting filming on live action Gatchaman (battle of the planets - G-force) Live action done right is what's needed for any property to be an mainstream event. with few exceptions of course.
    Last edited by krosfyah; October 12, 2012 at 08:22am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Snappy Threader
    Voted for both!!!

Live action but i will be greedy and request a new animated tv as well
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app