Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you consider silver She-Ra part of the line?

Do you consider silver She-Ra part of the line?

I'm turning to public opinion for a little help here. I've been revamping / updating my checklists at MOTUClassics.com with SDCC info and I've hit a conundrum.

I initially left the SDCC Silver She-Ra off the checklist, but then I received a couple e-mails asking why I hadn't added her. I'm not even sure if she was articulated, so I didn't think to include her.

But if she's vac metallized / articulated, I guess she should be on there because I have the 'Spirit of Grayskull' on my checklist and he has a very similar status to the Silver She-Ra (but he also seems more legitimate, I don't know).

Anyway, this issue has me questioning if I should add her or if I should remove the Spirit and have neither on there. I'm not sure, so I thought I'd poll my fellow Orgers...

Should I add Silver She-Ra?
    Should I remove Spirit of Grayskull?

I'll abide by majority decision on this one since I'm not sure what to decide myself.
    Last edited by Daniel Lynch; August 2, 2010 at 10:26am.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

I don't consider it part of the line, and I don't consider the Spirit of Grayskull to be part of the line either.

Bang your head!!!
    Well, they were made. So yeah... Just not as a mass produced figure...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Well, if she is articulated, then she is technically a figure. But, with both her AND the Spirit of Grayskull having EXTREMELY low production runs to the extent that even most of the die-hard "completists" don't have any chance of owning them, I really don't consider either of them truly part of the line in that sense.

I can kind of see how the Spirit of Grayskull might edge out the silver She-Ra just a little bit in qualifying since the She-Ra is a little bit more like a statue than the Grayskull is, but still overall I pretty much look at them as falling under the same category.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Not part of the line but could still be listed with an *, that's how I would do it, same for the Spirt of Grayskull
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'

Basically, if the only difference between her and her regular version is that she is silver, I think you gotta consider her part of the line. I consider the Spirit of Grayskull as part of the line. If she is more like a staticon or statue, no.

A separate section for these two might be a good idea.

But I think Firefly is at the crux of the matter too - was she a vac-plated figure with normal articulation and removable from her base? Or was she a little statue? If she's the latter, I think she is different.

Complicated.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    She looks like a vac metal plated figure.

It's REALLY challenging, without Toyguru chiming in (or a winner) to tell us, because Mattel described her two different ways.

MattyCollector news:

•Friday 7/23 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. She-Ra™ 25th Anniversary Raffle – Enter at the Mattypalooza fan panel at 1 p.m. in Room 24ABC for your chance to win one of three cake-shaped statuettes celebrating the Most Powerful Woman in the Universe™! Return to the Mattel booth at 4:30 p.m. to see if you’ve won.
    ...and I can't find it right now, but she was also described as a figure WITH cake stand.

So...yeah...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

It's just a regular She-Ra classics figure that has been vac metal plated and placed on a black pedestal. I'm not sure if it's removable. I suppose it's as part of the line as the spirit of grayskull figure, in that if you want to add it to your list then you can.

I personally only include the figures that are intended for mass consumption.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

I don't consider the metal She-Ra to be part of the line at all.

We have had no previous knowledge of any past She-Ra's or female 'He-Men' and She-Ra/Adora aren't dead so there would be no way to even explain it as a statue in her honor.

I do consider the Spirit of Grayskull to be part of the line because it's something that has been touched on before. It was a gimick but it was also done as an homage to previous references to that 'entity.'
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Heroic Warrior
    To me, metallic silver She-Ra is not part of the line, since only a couple of figures of her have been produced. Same thing for the spirit of Grayskull.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    No, is not a character, is not offered to all...

I even not sure if it is a figure...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I don't consider her a figure for the checklist. The spirit of grayskull though I would keep on there. When he was released the line only consisted of limited release SDCC exclusives.

Spirit of Grayskull Yes because it came packaged like the normal figure.
    Silver She-Ra No because it looks like it is just a statue.

no, to me not even close to being part of the line.

sure when making a list of things released you can put her and king greyskull on there but that is more for just 'historical, record keeping' value.

i will never even think about needing to have the lucky draw figures to be complete.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

[QUOTE=Snake Hunter;2497877]is not offered to all...
    QUOTE]

This could be most of the line...
    Please don't try to contact me thru heman.org about casted parts. That is specifically against there guidelines and out of respect for them don't do it. I rarely visit this site any more anyway so any messages more than likely wont be seen for a month. Facebook is the best way, i check there daily.

Heroic Warrior
    If she's not articulated then she's not part of the line, in my book. But even if she is, the packaging is the determining factor.

Spirit of Grayskull came in a regular retail package and is, therefore, part of the line, imo.

Silver She-Ra is on a stand and doesn't have a package. If she came in the She-Ra blister, it would be different. As is, NOT part of the line, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    I don't consider the metal She-Ra to be part of the line at all.

We have had no previous knowledge of any past She-Ra's or female 'He-Men' and She-Ra/Adora aren't dead so there would be no way to even explain it as a statue in her honor.

I do consider the Spirit of Grayskull to be part of the line because it's something that has been touched on before. It was a gimick but it was also done as an homage to previous references to that 'entity.'
    This makes sense to me. There's no place for silver She-Ra in Motuc canon as there is for the Spirit of King Grayskull.

Who knows, maybe she isn't Adams sister, but Silver Surfers sister

I would say yes add her but add a * next her name and SOG as well.

Since they are not an every day figure.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Anybody have good pictures of this version of She-Ra??

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    I have a few... Gimme a few minutes, I have not made a folder from my SDCC visit...
    My art blog:

Isn't it just the She-ra figure but in Chrome Silver? So its a figure from the line? Sure. Does it fit into the canon / bios? I doubt anything was planned or written for it unless there's some Terminator T1000 crossover they're trying to work in =P

Heroic Warrior
    I don't consider her a part of the line.

I don't consider Spirit of Grayskull part of it either... though for him he COULD be....

He at least has a story... he was KG, then after death he haunts the castle.... He's a legitimate CHARACTER... If you were sitting down on the floor iwth all your toys, he has a POINT to being there...

Silver She-ra?? What's her story? did she fall into a vat of metal or something?? Pointless!

Also the VERY rare part of them means they aren't available... anything I never had a chance to own isn't a part of the line.

If someone at the factory switched colors and made himself a Green He-man, and took it home with him... I don't consider THAT a part of the line either....

If it's just an online checklist, then I'd put her on as an oddity. I like to see everything regardless of it being a part of the main line. Sure, if it's a checklist, that's probably a section that won't ever be checked. But heck, it's for your site, so why not? People will make thier own checklists. This can be for everyone to see and find out what all was made for the line, exclusive or not.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Here you go
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...pictureid=9690
    My art blog: