Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Prince Adam and Orko in MOTUC discussion

Your right ... optikk is gone and Merman is still there for sale (for how much longer?).

So do we have a confirmed date yet for SDCC figures like Orko & Adam? Is it going to 12 noon, 2 August as mentioned?
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

Quote Originally Posted by Yogopop View Post
    Your right ... optikk is gone and Merman is still there for sale (for how much longer?).

So do we have a confirmed date yet for SDCC figures like Orko & Adam? Is it going to 12 noon, 2 August as mentioned?
    The last 2 years if I remember correctly its always been the 1st Monday in August for SDCC sale items online
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

so there's going to be an SDCC Orko and a Matty collector Orko? Will both be available on mattycollector.com?

there was a ton of He-ro, so I suspect there will be plenty of Orko.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The last 2 years if I remember correctly its always been the 1st Monday in August for SDCC sale items online
    Thanks heaps for that clarification Markatisu, its in my calender now.

Stratos75
    , I think that there will only be 1 Orko/Adam available on Mattycollector ... saying that, if they can't sell all of the SDCC Orko/Adam at the Con (which i highly doubt), they may sell the remainder on matty.
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

I think that there will only be 1 Orko/Adam available on Mattycollector ... saying that, if they can't sell all of the SDCC Orko/Adam at the Con (which i highly doubt), they may sell the remainder on matty.
    Change color Orko only in the con and regular Orko only on Matty site.
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Mine are coming straight from SDCC. Not puting up with DR anymore.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    What!?!? Everyone, go buy Mer-Man! It's almost two days he's been on sale! Another day of lingering on the site and all future re-releases will be cancelled because we didn't support them!!!

Run!! Quickly!!
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    What!?!? Everyone, go buy Mer-Man! It's almost two days he's been on sale! Another day of lingering on the site and all future re-releases will be cancelled because we didn't support them!!!

Run!! Quickly!!
    What!? Two days!? That's 1 day, 23 hours and 55 minutes longer than he should be in stock! Quickly MOTUC managers, grab your belongings and get the hell outta dodge cuz you're all about to be fired!!

I'm not even sure if I want a color change Orko... oh who am I kidding? I must have two! Having said that, whatever ends up being available on Mattycollector.com is going to be frustrating to acquire. I'm interested in knowing if the regular Orkos will be in larger numbers than the pre-She-Ra releases.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos75 View Post
    so there's going to be an SDCC Orko and a Matty collector Orko? Will both be available on mattycollector.com?

there was a ton of He-ro, so I suspect there will be plenty of Orko.
    Yeah, but He-ro was on the cartoon show... never. And in the comics....once, kinda. And as a toy... never.

Basically all of He-Ro's interest was tied up in longing for unproduced stuff and collection completion.

I know there are Orko haters, but there are many of us out there that genuinely like Orko. Regardless of whether you like him or not he's important to the franchise and a huge fan favorite.

Making him a bonus was an awful idea, not for Mattel, who will still make their money, but for the average fan who bought a subscription expecting characters who are in, say, 90% of the TV show episodes would be significant enough to include in the sub. I guess not. I doubt he lasts 10 minutes on Matty.

Molar probably goes quickly too, but as it's the same as the Con probably not AS fast.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    The regular Orko is probably going to be very well produced. I think we'll all get a decent shot at him. Mattel is going to use Orko to hook in new collectors into the toy line so I think they'll make more of him than any other figure so far.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Please please please tell me they are going to position Adam better in that box... We can't have him lying down. What about us collectors who keep their figs boxed?

Matt x
    Freelance live music photographer - check out my website:
    http://www.mattfsphotography.com.dpg.cc/

Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mattfsMSN

Evil Greedy Toy Monger DarthAmerica's Avatar

Has anyone opened a color change Orko yet?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has gotten their hands on a color change Orko yet? How does the figure look in person, how well does the color change feature actually work?

Elder Councilman

I understand why the Prince Adam figure has no back sheath

I remember Pixel Dan complained about it.

Well, first off, the original toy didn't either!

But wait..there's more! the only time I can recall Prince Adam having a sheath in that design was in the Filmation series...which as far as we know is currently off-limits.

If he had it in the comic, then fine..this was just a way to throw Prince Adam in as an accessory.

Otherwise, they got as accurate as they could; and it works for me!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I'm looking forward to a video of this as well. Perhaps from Pixel Dan? Pretty Please?
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    I remember Pixel Dan complained about it.

Well, first off, the original toy didn't either!

But wait..there's more! the only time I can recall Prince Adam having a sheath in that design was in the Filmation series...which as far as we know is currently off-limits.

If he had it in the comic, then fine..this was just a way to throw Prince Adam in as an accessory.

Otherwise, they got as accurate as they could; and it works for me!
    1) Neither did Merman, Man-at-arms or any number of other characters with sheaths added...

2) Yes, he did the same reach behind for the sword in the minicomics as he did in filmation... the same as Adora did...

3) didn't 200x have the sheath? in both toy and cartoon? Adam is one of the only figures so far with ZERO 200x influence...

I'm personally very curious why the horseman did it this way... Adam more than ANY other character (besides He-man himself) who NEEDED a sheath... I tore MANY purple vests trying to get him to store it back there...

Regarding the filmation is off limits thing, something like a sheath is fair game, also as Mattel stated if they own the character (as they do with prince adam) they can pretty much do what they like with them, so the missing sheath has nothing to do with filmation, in fact in filmation you very rarely saw adam with a sheath. no clue why the horsemen didn't do it this time around possibly (this is the only reason I have) because Adam isn't a warrior YES he carries the sword but we only see it when he's going to transform, it never shows outside of that, yueah the same is true of adora but she is a fighter outside of being she-ra. it's the only reason I can think of even though there are holes in the theory.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Regarding the filmation is off limits thing, something like a sheath is fair game, also as Mattel stated if they own the character (as they do with prince adam) they can pretty much do what they like with them, so the missing sheath has nothing to do with filmation, in fact in filmation you very rarely saw adam with a sheath. no clue why the horsemen didn't do it this time around possibly (this is the only reason I have) because Adam isn't a warrior YES he carries the sword but we only see it when he's going to transform, it never shows outside of that, yueah the same is true of adora but she is a fighter outside of being she-ra. it's the only reason I can think of even though there are holes in the theory.
    my guess is that they just wanted a direct update of the original toy...and since he's--in theory--the "accessory" this time, that probably had something to do with it too. Hell, for an accessory he even comes with an alternate head!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by gofigure View Post
    I think if you added a sheath, he would need a strap that would go around him like the 200x Adam, and then it would throw his whole 'vintage' look off. Maybe they can add one in a Weapons pak later.
    Adora has a sheath for her sword and yet she still looks cartoon accurate.

Like Val said on Roast Gooble Dinner, the Four Horsemen get it right 99.8% of the time, but this is one of the rare occasions when I think they made the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by aceface11 View Post
    Please please please tell me they are going to position Adam better in that box... We can't have him lying down. What about us collectors who keep their figs boxed?

Matt x
    ... I went ahead and just took he-ro out of his package and threw adam inside it, sealing it with a zoloworld case lol.

ta daaa !!!

My Feedback Thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164164

Positive transactions with these guys:

Kevenn, Ryzor, Dino_Ranger_White, Ledjam

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)

Picture Request of SDCC Orko color feature

OK Guys,

I know some of you have been able to obtain SDCC Orko (ehm.......Darkspecter...).

Now can someone post some pictures of him after being dunked in water? Does this feature really work? Does all his color disappear?

Before/after shots?

Just curious since I still do not own one (and I'm sure other people would like to see this feature as well).

THX!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Yeah, I definitely want to see this in action. I have bought one myself, but it will probably not be here for a few weeks.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

1:25 is where they show Orko's colour changing feature

awesome video - thanks
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I got my Orko with Prince Adam yesterday:

Picture from my one comic:

Adam in his new clothes:

My thread about how Prince Adam's vest is removeable:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=194771

EDIT: This is my Adam and Orko gallery. It seems my Photobucket bandwidth has exceeded?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...OTUCcompare%2F
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 2, 2010 at 01:06am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah