Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Adam and Orko in MOTUC discussion

I wish Orko was a subscription figure. He is too important of a character to not be. His regular version on mattycollector will sell out in a few minutes. I also don't like how Adam is laying down.

I hope Matty version has prince adam standing up.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Magenta sword!

I'm loving the regular version!

PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Awesome news! Did they show pictures in the package?
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I'm loving the regular version!
    I thought I saw 2 Orko's that were different. Sweet. BUT!! Scott did not say what the SDCC and Matty deference would be so lets not speculate too much.
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

I'm on Twitter: ThunderPunchU

I love Prince Adam !! I like Orko too full color version.

Is it just the pic or does Orko's head look too big for his body?

I wish Adam's vest was velvet.

I'm hoping we'll be getting Orko as a regular monthly figure as well. If not, there's going to be a fan uproar to rival the great Battle Cat disaster of 2010.

This yer has the potential to be a huge issue. I never thought they'd make such high profile characters exclusives.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

The toys look awesome... I just don't like the idea of Main characters as exclusives... I fear that since Adam AND Orko are SDCC exclusives they might not get rereleased...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think they are going to make a lot of Matty.com Prince Adam and Orko figures. The SDCC will probably be a reduced production.

I have to say that I'm loving the figures. THings look good.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I'm going to guess and say Tranparent Orko with Prince Adam is the SDCC Exclusive and for August since the monthly figure hasn't been annouced yet will be Prince Adam with regular Orko.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    I'm hoping we'll be getting Orko as a regular monthly figure as well. If not, there's going to be a fan uproar to rival the great Battle Cat disaster of 2010.

This yer has the potential to be a huge issue. I never thought they'd make such high profile characters exclusives.
    The MC version will be a bonus figure. Non-sub.:

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    What I will say is that yes, their will be a difference between the show version and the version sold on Mattycollector.com after the show. We do this to make the show is special for those who can attend (which is why the show exclusives will never be included in subscriptions, that would kinda defeat the point of having a show exclusive if anyone not at the show could just sign up for it).

And if the non show version sells out, we can always go into a second run like we are doing with most popular sell outs.

Not sure if anybody else mentioned this, but you can see an extra head at Adam's feet. I'm guessing that's the standard He-Man head to switch out with the "happy" Adam head he has on...

Sallah

Well well well....
    Z-snap...

I haven't seen the show yet (they repeat it at 11pm EST), but why does Orko look like something that comes out of the gumball machine in those plastic eggs???

It's probably just the pic... I hope.

Also, I wonder why they didn't they do Blue-outfit Adam for the exclusive and regular for Matty??? Why is Orko transluscent in the first place?? Am I missing something? I don't remember Orko being invisible or phasing.

Adam looks SICK!! In a good way. LOVE IT!!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Everyone should be able to express their opinion openly here. We're among friends!

I'm, personally, quite pleased with this, and I really want both versions!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

i hope both versions come with Adams newly sculpted smiling face.I want the sdcc version siince Orko's magic book reveals the sdcc logo when submerged in water.

That Mo-larr set is wicked and I must have two.Anyone know if there will be a dfference in sdcc and matty Mo-lar?

I think i am gonnna move to San Diego.

Do we have confirmation that Mo-Larr will also be available on Matty afterward? I hope there's no difference there...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by He Man View Post
    I was thinking that they would have made them in a nicer 2pk. With Adam on the bottom its not as cool but I will have one.
    Wretched He Man! I bet you are as giddy as your alter ego that they came out with a 2-pack like this, huh? Well, count your blessings for your fun will not last long! I will have my revenge!

Personally, I concede Adam and Orko's importance to many MOTU fans but I don't have to like it. Being members of the opposing side I can't say I am "excited" about this release but I do like this Prince Adam being true to his vintage release. Orko is...Orko. There's not much to work with there. But I will say he is an improvement on his vintage release as well as being cartoon accurate (even though he is mind-numbingly annoying in the cartoon). That being said, I will be adding the Mattycollector version to my collection so that the Evil Warriors can beat them up and take their lunch money. Eat it, your Highness. Why are you hitting yourself, Orko? Stop hitting yourself!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Anybody know if Matty Orko comes with the book (without the logo of course)?
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Everyone's commenting on the packaging layout, the extra head, the magic book, etc., but I can't find a post with all this information for those of us who didn't see the show. Would someone who saw it please compile the information and maybe even pictures of the packaging?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Do we have confirmation that Mo-Larr will also be available on Matty afterward? I hope there's no difference there...
    HI Uki ! I am almost certain TG confrimed he would be availble on Matty but never mentioned a difference. I could be wrong though,I'll ask him when we go out clubbing tonight

dorrmann or anyone who was unable to see the show here is a small snippet of the reveals.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=15716

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Everyone's commenting on the packaging layout, the extra head, the magic book, etc., but I can't find a post with all this information for those of us who didn't see the show. Would someone who saw it please compile the information and maybe even pictures of the packaging?
    You can watch the entire video clip in the Attack of the Show thread... take a look for it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Sure...

The pack is Orko with Prince Adam "accessory". Adam is lying at the bottom of the package, hidden behind the green rocks. The SDCC version of Orko is cast in translucent plastic, and turns clear when dipped in warm water. He also includes a spell book which has a SDCC logo that appears when dipped in warm water. All signs point to the Matty version not having these color change features.

Sallah

Everyone was talking about having Orko as the accessory (Cringer & Orko, Adam & Orko, etc...) - I'm guessing that Mattel thought it would be cool to do the reverse and have Adam as the accessory. Cool idea - not so great in execution.

Now that it's had time to settle, I'm happy with it all. I'm now going to have to find the SDCC version