Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Adam and Orko in MOTUC discussion

Also, does Adam come with just one sword or two? He SHOULD come with both a half and full sword, but nothing's been said or shown.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Somehow I "saw that one coming".
    I like them. I'm just waiting for some real decent photos of them.
    For wat i've seen so far, Adam is what I was expecting, nothing more that a re-deco of He-man, like the 80's one, and Orko well, I really don't know what to say... I mean I like him but I need to see some good shots of him.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm amused, happy and relieved.

I'm amused at Orko being the main figure, while Adam is the accessory, a crack on how everyone assumed that Orko would be the accessory to Adam. It's a joke I totally get and it's well fitting for these characters who are humorous.

I'm happy because of the reveal. Finally getting Adam and Orko for Classics. While I like the non transforming barbarian He-Man who slays monsters with his trusty axe, it's good to have these two characters added to the collection. One more royal family member to go...

And I'm relieved that the translucent Orko is the SDCC exclusive. Going from the shenanighans last year, I was expecting something Gleek-like when Toyguru said that we would want both versions.

Good job, Toyguru.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Everyone's commenting on the packaging layout, the extra head, the magic book, etc., but I can't find a post with all this information for those of us who didn't see the show. Would someone who saw it please compile the information and maybe even pictures of the packaging?
    This is the best grab I could get that shows the full packaging in one shot... Adam is hiddne behind the green rock name insert...

Sallah

I'm sure come the general release that orko will be packaged much like an extra head. Hes only centre stage here because HE is the SDCC exclusive(the colour changing one that is) not adam. I dunno if i'd like the general release to be..a mostly empty bubble with Orko floating in the middle and adam taking a nap under him. It just makes sense to me that this bubble is designed to highlight the exclusive figure.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

adam is my second favorite he-man figure as a child. That said.. i can't believe hes not packaged right.... i too display my figures IN THE PACKAGE.

So... who here thinks the matty version might just be a package variation where they swap orko and adam... meaning they spotlight him instead.. oh well one can hope.

To clarify yes i will be buying this, i just really am let down that you cant even see adam in the package...

IT'S LIKE A LOO-KEE FIGURE WITH THE ONLY SHE-RA FIGURE YOU GET LAYING DOWN IN THE PACKAGE UNSEEN...
    My Feedback Thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164164

Positive transactions with these guys:

Kevenn, Ryzor, Dino_Ranger_White, Ledjam

Ok, just watched the video - and I Love it!!!

AWESOME!!

I also have to comment that the pic of "regular" Orko looks weird, I think, because of the angle of the shot... and as a result he looks disproportionate.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Thanks for the info guys, and the link to the tni page. I love the idea of Adam being Orko's accessory. I have a gut feeling that (among the color changing aspects probably) Orko is going to be Adam's accessory when we see him.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Also, I wonder why they didn't they do Blue-outfit Adam for the exclusive and regular for Matty???
    He smells like a future TRU 2 pack, since he's a straight repaint.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I love it!! I hope Adam’s articulation doesn’t get all loose or weak inside the package.

Here's a good shot of Prince Adam's head. I am totally loving this one!

"I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I'g guessing that the con exclusive is Orko with Adam and the mattycollector is Adam with Orko. That way, MOCers can have both.

That IS Prince Adam.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Well...I don't care if I get Orko or not, and can take or leave Adam.

That said, if I get the SDCC version, great. If not, I'm not losing any sleep.

If regular versions are made available on Matty, I may get them.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I much prefer the look of the Matty version. The SDCC one is cool because he has an action feature...but he looks cheap.

Adam's second head is fantastic....Like!

That newly sculpted Adam head is killer.

A BIG THANK YOU to Mattel, Scott, and the Horsemen!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Well, I called it (he said smugly). Mattel gets to use their big statue one more time. Adam looks pretty good, and so does Orko, surprisingly, as I hates Orko with a passion.
    they can actually use it twice more; this being the first time, next being Eldor; trust me.

Good lord is this a letdown for an exclusive.

What really gets me is that...Orko's the one I was most highly anticipating...and I don't even think he looks that great.

I'll get him but...a translucent figure? R-really?

I want the 2002 Adam, but I'll take this one for now.

Now c'mon Mattel; announce Vigo as the Ghostbusters Comic Con exclusive! COME ON!!!!!!!!!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

All the people who wanted a smiling He-Man head should be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    That being said, I will be adding the Mattycollector version to my collection so that the Evil Warriors can beat them up and take their lunch money. Eat it, your Highness. Why are you hitting yourself, Orko? Stop hitting yourself!
    Re-enacting your childhood traumas through your toys again, Benedict? tsk tsk.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He smells like a future TRU 2 pack, since he's a straight repaint.
    Yeah, I bet you're right, and that would be cool -- I wonder who they would match him with... Clark Kent? There was that DC Super Heroes Superman/Clark Kent pack, and they haven't re-released him yet.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I LOVE Adam's headsculpt!! Finally a non-constipated look for Adam (or He-Man if I feel like head switching...) 75% of the Royal family done... Can't wait to get Adam so I can pose him with Adoraq doing a double Transformation in front of CG...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I really dig the SDCC exclusive Orko and I'm fine with Adam being the accessory, but it's ridiculous to hide him like that. Come on Mattel!!
    Let the power return!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Re-enacting your childhood traumas through your toys again, Benedict? tsk tsk.
    Childhood trauma? That happened just last week. Just don't bring out the doll where I have to point out my special areas...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Can I say that it again looks like Emiliano channeled the Four Horsemen again with his mock up of MOTUC Orko

"I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    they can actually use it twice more; this being the first time, next being Eldor; trust me.

Good lord is this a letdown for an exclusive.

What really gets me is that...Orko's the one I was most highly anticipating...and I don't even think he looks that great.

I'll get him but...a translucent figure? R-really?

I want the 2002 Adam, but I'll take this one for now.

Now c'mon Mattel; announce Vigo as the Ghostbusters Comic Con exclusive! COME ON!!!!!!!!!
    Vigo would rock my socks! I'm hoping for him, the Gray Lady/Library Ghost, or the Scoleri Brothers. I think the mego-style Venkman looks neat, but I'm only focused on the movie line for GB.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yeah, I bet you're right, and that would be cool -- I wonder who they would match him with... Clark Kent? There was that DC Super Heroes Superman/Clark Kent pack, and they haven't re-released him yet.
    Blue-vested Adam and Clark would be a great comic-pack! Hayley and I already plan on naming our first son (if/when we have one, this is) Clark.

...Maybe if there are two, we could have an Adam...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!