Thread: 10 points that make IRON MAN 2 brilliant and genius

10 points that make IRON MAN 2 brilliant and genius

1- The ability to successfully mix action, science fiction, comic book-ish flavour, comedy, romance, adventure and character development in an UNPRECEDENTED way.

2- Flawless direction, able to give the movie a terrific pace/timing. It's great storytelling. The movie is like a book to read, it retains a strong "real world" quality (despite it's fiction) you can only admire.

3- Robert Downey Jr. Should I add anything? He's at the top of his game.

4- Ivan Vanko/Whiplash/Dynamo. He's a brilliant villain that doesn't need the usual Hollywood crash crash boom boom and battles going on FOREVER. In the first half he's all action, but I love the fact the character is more a strategical "mastermind" in the second half. Rourke shines. Truly.

5- CGI. Even better than TF1 and TF2:ROTF. It feels real. And it shows! Not like the crappish looking CGI of Burton's "Alice in Wonderland". That is horrid and almost amateurish. The CGI in IM2 is simply the best ever commited on celluloid.

6- The Monaco Fight. Priceless. Impressive. Cosmic. You can't beat that.

7- The Aerial/Drone Battle. Even better than Star Wars.

8- Stark discovering his roots, his past, his dad's soul and the new element. The HEART of the movie. Beautifully-crafted. Touching.

9- War Machine. Good actor, great fight scenes, ultra-smooth armour.

10- The eighties charm. It looks and feels like a great eighties movie.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Iron Man 2 was entertaining, but Iron Man was the first movie that made your number one point, which makes it so great.

Iron Man, still the best in it's genre.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

I've got to agree. I never would have believed it, but both movies have made me absolutely love the Iron Man character. I knew of him grewing up thanks to the Iron Man and Spider-Man cartoons, but I was just a casual fan. But after the first movie, I really took to the whole Iron Man universe. Iron Man is now one of my favourites.

Plus, both movies are without a doubt two of the best superhero movies EVER! I would easily put both at the very top. It is funny because before the first movie even came out, I thought it was going to suck and it would flop like Ghost Rider and DareDevil. Boy, was I pleasantly suprised.

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    I've got to agree. I never would have believed it, but both movies have made me absolutely love the Iron Man character. I knew of him grewing up thanks to the Iron Man and Spider-Man cartoons, but I was just a casual fan. But after the first movie, I really took to the whole Iron Man universe. Iron Man is now one of my favourites.

Plus, both movies are without a doubt two of the best superhero movies EVER! I would easily put both at the very top. It is funny because before the first movie even came out, I thought it was going to suck and it would flop like Ghost Rider and DareDevil. Boy, was I pleasantly suprised.
    I agree. Before RDJ came along (as well as everyone esle involved with this series), I knew and cared little for Iron Man. Now, he's a favorite of mine. I don't read the comics at all and have always been more of a DC guy, but the new direction of the Marvel films has me intrigued and impressed.

I love Iron Man!

(I've seen IM2 twice already, and will happily buy it when it becomes available for home viewing.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Great movie, another step closer to getting to the Avengers movie.

I would've listed ScarJo as the black widow as one of my favorite additions to the movie.

10 points why Iron Man 1 & 2 are both terrible

1. It is an Iron Man movie
    2. It is an Iron Man movie
    3. It is an Iron Man movie
    4. It is an Iron Man movie
    5. It is an Iron Man movie
    6. It is an Iron Man movie
    7. It is an Iron Man movie
    8. It is an Iron Man movie
    9. It is an Iron Man movie
    10. It is an Iron Man movie

Take a look at my attempts at coloring