Thread: New Retro TMNT Figures at TRU? Playmates TMNT Not done after all?

New Retro TMNT Figures at TRU? Playmates TMNT Not done after all?

Last October I mentioned that Playmates was going forward with a TRU exclusive TMNT retro line. Reports came out after the first of the year that Playmates was halting TMNT product, although they didn't specifically say those plans in the press release were nixed. Now new TMNT product is showing up in retro packaging. Could it mean that the rest of those releases are on their way or is Playmates just shipping some product that they had prepared? Read the full story and you be the judge as Infinite Hollywood has the first news on the TRU exclusive lines, new retro figures and re-releases of original movie star turtles and comic turtles from Playmates continues to come in. Check it out: Playmates TMNT Not Dead Yet?
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

This would be great news, indeed.

hell, i'd be happy if i could find casey, shredder, slash and the foot soldier(multiple foot soldiers).
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    hell, i'd be happy if i could find casey, shredder, slash and the foot soldier(multiple foot soldiers).
    Did they actually make Casey?

And there is still a little teeny-tiny bit of hope for more Neca TMNT:

TMNT: NECA is looking for opportunities to broaden the line at retail so they can make Shredder and the villains. Unfortunately, costs are too high for the line to survive at comic and specialty locations alone so the company is looking for other locations to carry the TMNT figures. No specific news is available on the fate of April or Shredder and co.
    http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=15664

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    And there is still a little teeny-tiny bit of hope for more Neca TMNT:

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=15664
    Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. These things look too great to not release.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Yeah I've spoke with Randy a couple times and he's said the same or similar stuff. NECA basically wants in TRU, but that won't happen. So it's really just a matter of NECA making a decision on if they think they can do it or not. I'm not holding my breath on the NECA stuff, but this Playmates news could be good for Turtle fans.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. These things look too great to not release.
    I really want them. And was hoping they'd do well enough to add some other vital characters like Casey. Its my favorite toyline by a mile and I'm sad I only have 5 figures for it - especially when I've seen 3 more GREAT ones.

Exactly! Ideally, I would like to have NECA versions of the following:

-Shredder (and that wicked Utrom he was shown with!!! I love Utroms!)
    -Splinter
    -Casey Jones
    -The Fugitoid
    -Baxter Stockman

And if they really wanted to get imaginative with their comic-inspired characters, I'd love to get:

-Savanti Romero
    -Renet
    -Letherneck
    -Hamato Yoshi (with Splinter in rat form)

...and I would love to see their pal Usagi Yojimbo, who is fifteen different awesome flavors, in this style. (I do own the original Playmates version and the newer TMNT toon version, as well as the comic-styled one from a few years back, but I want a fully oseable Usagi!)

I'm not so worried about the Playmates comic line as I am about NECA. I still need Leo with the street base. although a fellow .Orger is maybe helping me there...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Exactly! Ideally, I would like to have NECA versions of the following:

-Shredder (and that wicked Utrom he was shown with!!! I love Utroms!)
    -Splinter
    -Casey Jones
    -The Fugitoid
    -Baxter Stockman
    Add the 2 amazing Foot ninjas that we've already seen and that's my list.

I could live without Fugitoid and Baxter, but I'd really like both.

I have the 4 Turtles (with street bases) and April as the only toys set up at my work desk. My favorite toys ever.

I actually almost forgot Baxter, but I would love to see him with more Mousers. I have the SDCC April from last year (she was much easier to get than He-Ro) and I will not plunk down that much money for the Mousers pack from the year before.
    Fugitoid would make me a very happy camper though; he's a favorite of mine!

I love the street bases, too!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!