View Poll Results: Prince Adam as Orko "accessory"???

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clever way to package Prince Adam and Orko.

78 35.62%
  • Don't care since I'm opening them anyways.

82 37.44%
  • Not getting them, Don't like them

1 0.46%
  • Stupid way to package a great figure.

58 26.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about Prince Adam being packaged with Orko?

Hybrid View

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar

How do you feel about Prince Adam being packaged with Orko?

As I've said in the several threads on Prince Adam and Orko, I'm mostly an MOC collector as I don't really have much space for loose displays but have wall space for my MOTU MOCs. I'm not too happy about Prince Adam being an "accessory" with Orko as the main figure in the package.

Couldn't they have made a special window box or something? Some sort of different MOTUC packaging like they're doing with weapons packs, larger beasts, and other random non-basic figures?

I feel that Prince Adam is too much of a high profile character to be thrown in the bottom of Orko's packaging and couldve been a great bonus figure, especially that particular Prince Adam figure, which is perfect imo.

Prince Adam > Zodak (with a k)
    Prince Adam > The Goddess
    Prince Adam = Battle Armor He-Man (both great throwback bonus figures)

Just my opinion here and I'd like to hear everyone else's.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I like it I think it's fun, I understand the MOC collectors concerns over it but at the same time as I said before it DOES make a really good conversation piece for anyone who sees your MOC collection that doesn't follow the line.

Not only that I firmly believe PA will be rereleased in an opposite package. Orko as the bonus. they said there will always be a difference with the reissue figure what better way than reversing the package order. and a great excuse to double dip into many of our wallets.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Since I open all my figures, it makes no nevermind to me. And I must admit that it was clever of Mattel to package Orko with Prince Adam. If they released Orko alone, I definitely wouldn't buy him. Not that I'm the biggest Prince Adam fan, but he's an 80's veteran figure and moderately important to my MOTU world so I would have gotten him anyways.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

ToyGuru made it very clear during his segment on Attack of the Show that ORKO was the SDCC exclusive--not Adam. I think it's a certainty that we will see Adam in his own package down the road, but this is probably Orko's only chance to have the spotlight.

I'm okay with it. After a lot of the speculative talk about releasing Adam with Orko, I feel the packaging was a bit predictable. I was a bit surprised to hear Adam referred to as an accessory.

I forgot to mention I will be ripping it open anyway, but again I like the way it's packaged.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I think it's fun! I open anyhow.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I guess I'm in the minority here then. No one likes to put MOCs on their wall?

I'm not that happy about it because I really dislike the Mo-Larr/Skeletor thing and that has the kind of packaging that Prince Adam and Orko should have gotten but maybe a bit smaller. A nice window box so I can see them both.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I did once, but after some time it bored me. I did not just wanted to look at them. It's a toy afterall and these need fresh air.

Nevertheless, the way you feel is comprehensible.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post

I'm not that happy about it because I really dislike the Mo-Larr/Skeletor thing and that has the kind of packaging that Prince Adam and Orko should have gotten but maybe a bit smaller. A nice window box so I can see them both.
    I would of like to see both figures also.
    You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing. George Benard Shaw.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Stupid way to package a great figure.

I'm an opener so I don't care.

I still think Orko and Adam are too important to be non-subscription figures though.

I thought it was a pretty stupid option since Adam and Orko should have been packed together showing both of them as a 2 pack. Plus I hate it that IF you can't go to the Comic Con you can't get that great version and only get the standard version. I really would like to have both IMHO.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Bang your head!!!
    Personally I do not care. I keep one carded and one loose. It's nothing major to me seeing that Adam is still visible at the bottom... It's really no different that the warrior ring or the techno sword being hidden.

Sure he could have been pushed to the back of the package so Orko could be the focus, but you win some and you loose some...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I think it'd look beter to have a package where you can see both figures in greater detail, but I won't lose any sleep over it since I open my figures
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I open all my figures so displaying will not be an issue. Overall I like the humor behind it and being a fan of Orko it makes me laugh he gets the spot light and Adam is a random accessory. I can see though for collectors who dont open their figures it would be frustrating.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

I wouldn't quite classify it as "stupid" but that's what i voted. Certainly nothing wrong with Orko but Adam as an accessory? Ah well. There's a couple of things i don't like about this, namely because i collect MOC. Also, i really don't understand what the humour is about - what am i missing here lol? I really do hope that vintage Prince Adam gets his own packaging sometime down the line...

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    I'm a MOC only collector. No need to say how much I like the packaging.

I still hope for a "more MOC collector friendly" release on Mattycollector later this or next year.

Heroic Warrior BIG DADDY SINISTER's Avatar
    I vote for "stupid". But this question is moot, as they'll sell the hell out anyways. But I hope there aren't any damage issues that arise from him flopping around in there....
    "Who do you pray to... when you're the religion?" - THOR

Heroic Warrior
    Stupid way to package a great figure gets my vote.

Prince Adam deserves better!

Lone-Starr

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I agree but I'm just happy to get both together.

I love the packaging. I think it's great to make Orko the star of that little show. lol

Just keeping my fingers crossed that I can get that set on Matty.

Finally I've found that I belong here.

Well i'm not a MOC collector so I couldn't care less about the way they were packaged. I usually open my boxes, so that doesn't bother me, but on the other hand I really think that they could be packaged in a way that both figures were visible, for the MOC collectors.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I think it was a cool way to package a figure I'd otherwise not be interested in (Prince Adam). I mean any way they packed it I would've got the set for Orko, but this version of Prince Adam is just not a character I acknowledge in my personal canon.

Don't care since I'm opening them anyways.

I'm a loose collector, so akes no difference to me. I do feel for MOC collectors, though.
    I have many MOC MOTUC figures available for sale/trade here and SDCC exclusives for sale/trade here.