View Poll Results: Prince Adam as Orko "accessory"???

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clever way to package Prince Adam and Orko.

78 35.62%
  • Don't care since I'm opening them anyways.

82 37.44%
  • Not getting them, Don't like them

1 0.46%
  • Stupid way to package a great figure.

58 26.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about Prince Adam being packaged with Orko?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar

How do you feel about Prince Adam being packaged with Orko?

As I've said in the several threads on Prince Adam and Orko, I'm mostly an MOC collector as I don't really have much space for loose displays but have wall space for my MOTU MOCs. I'm not too happy about Prince Adam being an "accessory" with Orko as the main figure in the package.

Couldn't they have made a special window box or something? Some sort of different MOTUC packaging like they're doing with weapons packs, larger beasts, and other random non-basic figures?

I feel that Prince Adam is too much of a high profile character to be thrown in the bottom of Orko's packaging and couldve been a great bonus figure, especially that particular Prince Adam figure, which is perfect imo.

Prince Adam > Zodak (with a k)
    Prince Adam > The Goddess
    Prince Adam = Battle Armor He-Man (both great throwback bonus figures)

Just my opinion here and I'd like to hear everyone else's.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I like it I think it's fun, I understand the MOC collectors concerns over it but at the same time as I said before it DOES make a really good conversation piece for anyone who sees your MOC collection that doesn't follow the line.

Not only that I firmly believe PA will be rereleased in an opposite package. Orko as the bonus. they said there will always be a difference with the reissue figure what better way than reversing the package order. and a great excuse to double dip into many of our wallets.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Since I open all my figures, it makes no nevermind to me. And I must admit that it was clever of Mattel to package Orko with Prince Adam. If they released Orko alone, I definitely wouldn't buy him. Not that I'm the biggest Prince Adam fan, but he's an 80's veteran figure and moderately important to my MOTU world so I would have gotten him anyways.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

ToyGuru made it very clear during his segment on Attack of the Show that ORKO was the SDCC exclusive--not Adam. I think it's a certainty that we will see Adam in his own package down the road, but this is probably Orko's only chance to have the spotlight.

I'm okay with it. After a lot of the speculative talk about releasing Adam with Orko, I feel the packaging was a bit predictable. I was a bit surprised to hear Adam referred to as an accessory.

I forgot to mention I will be ripping it open anyway, but again I like the way it's packaged.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Can't vote...

I can't say it's clever... since indeed, for those that will keep the figures in box, they won't be able to dispay Prince Adam.

I would rather say ilt's a funny way to pack them.

Indeed, Orko IS the main figure and Prince Adam an accessory... that's funny

I like to have the figures both in box and out of the box so It's ok for me.

The idea of packaging Adam with Orko as an Accessorie is fun and all, but i take issue with the fact that hes stuffed away in the bottom of the pack. I know why its done that way. Orko being the SDCC exclusive should take centre stage in the bubble, leaving not alot of room to have a vertical adam. So having said that i hope the Mattycollector release has Adam centre stage and Orko as the pack in.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

Fun and sweet for me

Don't care either since I'm opening all of mine as well. Gotta go loose baby! Right now my collection is completely MOC though but it's only because I don't have anywhere to display them. Also I thought they'll be safer inside their boxes rather than storing them in bin or somewhere that my almost two year old tazmanian devil of a son can get his hands on them . He always comes and wants me to give him the new monthly fig when I open the mail and doesn't understand why daddy doesn't give him the toys...
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

I think it's cool and funny

I think it's fun! I open anyhow.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I guess I'm in the minority here then. No one likes to put MOCs on their wall?

I'm not that happy about it because I really dislike the Mo-Larr/Skeletor thing and that has the kind of packaging that Prince Adam and Orko should have gotten but maybe a bit smaller. A nice window box so I can see them both.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I did once, but after some time it bored me. I did not just wanted to look at them. It's a toy afterall and these need fresh air.

Nevertheless, the way you feel is comprehensible.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    it's a good idea, but to me the presentation totally blows.

to have two figures packaged together and have one of them 'hiding' at the bottom so you can't see what you're getting is just plain stupid imo. i don't understand the whole point of hiding things in the packaging. i like to be able to see what i'm getting before opening it, or be able to see it if i decide not to open it. To have a big figure laying down in the bottom of the package looks stupider to me than any words can describe.

Anyway, it's a great way to get that version of adam released, so it doesn't take up a slot for some other monthly figure or bonus figure.

hopefully when they release the REAL Adam (myp version) he'll have his own bio & such. so I can see why the 80's adam doesn't have one... kind of dumb to introduce the adult version before the teen version imo.

but actually, i don't see why they just didn't have both figures easily visible in the package and have a bio for each one on the back of the card. great looking figures, but the presentation is an epic fail in my mind.
    They'll be opened upon arrival anyway, so it makes little difference.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I absolutely love it! I think it is a wonderful way to pack Orko with his accessory.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post

I'm not that happy about it because I really dislike the Mo-Larr/Skeletor thing and that has the kind of packaging that Prince Adam and Orko should have gotten but maybe a bit smaller. A nice window box so I can see them both.
    I would of like to see both figures also.
    You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing. George Benard Shaw.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Stupid way to package a great figure.

I'm an opener so I don't care.

I still think Orko and Adam are too important to be non-subscription figures though.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I forgot to mention I will be ripping it open anyway, but again I like the way it's packaged.
    Exactly, I think its brilliant! Someone at Mattel has a sense of humor!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    I can sort of understand the humor behind it Adam (very in character) lazily sleeping at the bottom of the blister but I dont like the way it was executed. It diminishes a pivotal character and severely limits the ability to display it for MOC collectors.

I also question the wisdom of offering these as non-subscription releases.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I thought they should be side by side. I do hope that they both get bios thats all that really matters to me.

I thought it was a pretty stupid option since Adam and Orko should have been packed together showing both of them as a 2 pack. Plus I hate it that IF you can't go to the Comic Con you can't get that great version and only get the standard version. I really would like to have both IMHO.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Bang your head!!!
    Personally I do not care. I keep one carded and one loose. It's nothing major to me seeing that Adam is still visible at the bottom... It's really no different that the warrior ring or the techno sword being hidden.

Sure he could have been pushed to the back of the package so Orko could be the focus, but you win some and you loose some...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I think it'd look beter to have a package where you can see both figures in greater detail, but I won't lose any sleep over it since I open my figures
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!