Thread: Whiplash Augusts Figure?

Whiplash Augusts Figure?

went to Wizard World yesterday in Anaheim CA and i got a toyfare that i got for free in the bag they hand out and it shows Whiplash inside and says it's augusts figure.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    makes sense. I guess he'd be next in line of the figures that had been revealed. That leaves 4 more monthly slots to be seen, as well as any bonus figures or beasts they might reveal.

We do know that one of those slots will be King Grayskull. but will be be a monthly figure or a bonus figure?
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

King Grayskull will be a bonus figure. Mattel answered a question about him, and the response said he wouldn't be a subscription figure in 2011 since some already have him. I think that same logic applies to 2010 subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    King Grayskull will be a bonus figure. Mattel answered a question about him, and the response said he wouldn't be a subscription figure in 2011 since some already have him. I think that same logic applies to 2010 subscriptions.
    It just has to otherwise there wouldn't be any logic at all. This makes me wonder more who the Q3 bonus figure will be??
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Yes, Whiplash is August's figure. This was confirmed around the time of his reveal. Can't wait!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    No problems with that. Sounds good.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I thought we were getting Gygor in August?

Heroic Warrior
    Why would King Grayskull be a bonus figure for? Wouldn't or shouldn't he be a re-issued figure like Hordak this month and other previously re-issued figs like He-Man, Skeletor, Stratos, Beast Man, and Man-At-Arms? Shouldn't the bonus figure be a variant, like BA He-Man or Keldor? Unless we're gonna see a Snake Armor King Grayskull, it would make sence for KG to be a bonus figure.

Anyways, I figured Whiplash would be the August figure since he was shown, but didn't have a date attched to him. Then again, we saw Mer Man and Zodac at SDCC 2008 before we saw Skeletor, Startos, and Faker, and those 3 figures were released before we saw MM and Zodac. Knowing that Whiplash was coming, I was kinda hoping he would be released in September and slip in a new figure for August.

That really surprises me!

I thought Mattel didn't have any intentions of revealing anything further until SDCC, but since that is the following months figure, I guess it makes sense.

Was there an official reveal that I am unaware of?

*****EDIT: It was late, I was tired, and I got confused. Sue me!
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; April 18, 2010 at 10:50am.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    That really surprises me!

I thought Mattel didn't have any intentions of revealing anything further until SDCC, but since that is the following months figure, I guess it makes sense.

Was there an official reveal that I am unaware of?
    Whiplash was shown at NYTF in February, so we knew he was coming up. Since Keldor is a bonus, She-Ra is June, and Count Marzo is officially July, Whiplash is the only figure remaining and thus had to be the August figure.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Why would King Grayskull be a bonus figure for? Wouldn't or shouldn't he be a re-issued figure like Hordak this month and other previously re-issued figs like He-Man, Skeletor, Stratos, Beast Man, and Man-At-Arms? Shouldn't the bonus figure be a variant, like BA He-Man or Keldor? Unless we're gonna see a Snake Armor King Grayskull, it would make sence for KG to be a bonus figure.
    Yes, I think you're correct. I said "bonus" figure, but I meant he wouldn't be a subscription/Club Eternia figure. I anticipate he'll be a reissue and won't take the spot of one of the yet-to-be-revealed bonus figures (unless they consider him a He-Man variant the way they consider Keldor a Skeletor variant).

Yes, I think you're correct. I said "bonus" figure, but I meant he wouldn't be a subscription/Club Eternia figure. I anticipate he'll be a reissue and won't take the spot of one of the yet-to-be-revealed bonus figures (unless they consider him a He-Man variant the way they consider Keldor a Skeletor variant).
    I swear ToyGuru said that King Greyskull would be taking a bonus figure slot and NOT a rerelease slot. I don't have a good enough memory to hunt that down, but I'm sure someone else does...

YES

He's mentioned many times that KG will be the Q4 Bonus Figure.

He's coming redeco'd, with changes to his accessories and a few extras.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

oh i didn't know Count Marzo will be the July figure, pretty cool, maybe a variant of Count Marzo in the filmation series, he looks completely different in that.

also it shows Whiplash has 2 heads, 1 from the 80's and 1 from the 2002 line.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    I thought we were getting Gygor in August?
    It was already stated in February that Whiplash was Agusts figure.
    Gygor will be released in September as the 3rd quarter large beast. That's also confirmed. So there is one large beast left for the 4th quarter. Who can it be? Panthor? Swift Wind? Or maybe Catra will be announced to fill up one of the 4 remaining monthly slots and we get Clawdeen in December? Getting them both in the same quarter woud be awesome! Hordak will be so happy hehe!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -= SupernovA =- View Post
    It was already stated in February that Whiplash was Agusts figure.
    yup it was.
    see:
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior
    The schedual is.

Monday 19th April
    Evil-Lyn (Subscription)
    Hordak (re-issue)
    Weapons Pack (Bonus Item)

Monday 17th May
    Optik (Subscruption)
    Mer-Man (re-issue),
    Tytus (Large Scale Bonus)

Tuesday 15th June
    She-Ra (Subscription)
    Keldor (Bonus Figure)
    Unknown re-release

Thursdat 15th July
    Count Marzo (Subscription)

San Daigo Comic Con Exclusives
    Orko (magic version) & Prince Adam (San Diago Comic Con Exclusive online)
    Mo-Larr Vs Skeletor

Monday 2nd August
    Orko (Regular) & Prince Adam (Two Pack)
    Mo-Larr Vs Skeletor (I think)

Monday 16th August
    Whiplash (Subscription)

Wednesday 15th September
    ?? (Subscription)
    Gy-Gor (Large Scale Beast - Bonus Figure)

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast View Post

Tuesday 15th June
    She-Ra (Subscription)
    Keldor (Bonus Figure)
    Unknown re-release
    The re-release is known, it's Faker!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!