Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
Check out his answers to your Round 35 questions!
This round of questions were selected by Count Marzo,
and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
Thanks to them for their help!
1. zodak74: If/when Rokkon and Stonedar are released in MOTUC, will Mattel use a "faction sticker" to announce their affiliation as "Rock People" on the card bubble? And if so, maybe there will be more Rock People?
It is possible, but nothing is locked in stone quite yet. (Ha ha we made a pun.)
2. PanMan: Why are the good guys from New Adventures referred to as the "Galactic Protectors" now instead of the "Galactic Guardians?"
Much like when Fisto was renamed Battle Fist for the 2002 line, the original name Galactic Guardians is not currently available for Mattel to use on toys. Instead, we went with the closest name we could that was available.
3. JimmyPSHayes: Has there been any thought to doing any advertising outside of the targeted audience? Such as heavily-circulated magazine like Entertainment Weekly or Maxim to target the large chuck of adults that grew up with Masters of the Universe who probably don't know about the line.
Yes, this is something we are constantly looking into and working on.
4. Reboot: If the reason Optikk got a new "Space Mutants" logo is because the 1989 "He-Man" didn’t really describe the “factions” from this series, will you be creating a new "Great Rebellion" logo for characters in that "faction" such as Glimmer, Bow and Frosta from the She-Ra line?
Yes, we felt that the He-Man logo used on the 1989 line did not describe the Space Mutants or Galactic Protectors as well as the existing Princess of Power logo works for the She-Ra good guy characters and the existing Evil Horde logo works for the She-Ra enemies. This is also why we don’t have plans for a Great Rebellion sticker. The existing Princess of Power logo is too great and does the job with awesome added nostalgic value. The generic He-Man logo, while having some nostalgic value, does not describe the factions at all.
5. hordedestiny: Would you give us a complete official list of character names at this present time as to who can be made in the MOTUC line? It would be great to know which Filmation characters are truly off limits. Thanks!
Sorry, but this is not something we can share. A rule of thumb is that any character created by Filmation (such as Shadow Weaver or Lizard Man) is off limits unless that character appeared in the vintage toy line or 2002 series/toy line.