Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.35!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.35!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out his answers to your Round 35 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Count Marzo,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. zodak74: If/when Rokkon and Stonedar are released in MOTUC, will Mattel use a "faction sticker" to announce their affiliation as "Rock People" on the card bubble? And if so, maybe there will be more Rock People?

It is possible, but nothing is locked in stone quite yet. (Ha ha we made a pun.)

2. PanMan: Why are the good guys from New Adventures referred to as the "Galactic Protectors" now instead of the "Galactic Guardians?"

Much like when Fisto was renamed Battle Fist for the 2002 line, the original name Galactic Guardians is not currently available for Mattel to use on toys. Instead, we went with the closest name we could that was available.

3. JimmyPSHayes: Has there been any thought to doing any advertising outside of the targeted audience? Such as heavily-circulated magazine like Entertainment Weekly or Maxim to target the large chuck of adults that grew up with Masters of the Universe who probably don't know about the line.

Yes, this is something we are constantly looking into and working on.

4. Reboot: If the reason Optikk got a new "Space Mutants" logo is because the 1989 "He-Man" didn’t really describe the “factions” from this series, will you be creating a new "Great Rebellion" logo for characters in that "faction" such as Glimmer, Bow and Frosta from the She-Ra line?

Yes, we felt that the He-Man logo used on the 1989 line did not describe the Space Mutants or Galactic Protectors as well as the existing Princess of Power logo works for the She-Ra good guy characters and the existing Evil Horde logo works for the She-Ra enemies. This is also why we don’t have plans for a Great Rebellion sticker. The existing Princess of Power logo is too great and does the job with awesome added nostalgic value. The generic He-Man logo, while having some nostalgic value, does not describe the factions at all.

5. hordedestiny: Would you give us a complete official list of character names at this present time as to who can be made in the MOTUC line? It would be great to know which Filmation characters are truly off limits. Thanks!

Sorry, but this is not something we can share. A rule of thumb is that any character created by Filmation (such as Shadow Weaver or Lizard Man) is off limits unless that character appeared in the vintage toy line or 2002 series/toy line.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 37!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 35 questions!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    5. hordedestiny: Would you give us a complete official list of character names at this present time as to who can be made in the MOTUC line? It would be great to know which Filmation characters are truly off limits. Thanks!

Sorry, but this is not something we can share. A rule of thumb is that any character created by Filmation (such as Shadow Weaver or Lizard Man) is off limits unless that character appeared in the vintage toy line or 2002 series/toy line.
    I still want to know what Goat-Man's status is for MOTUC...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Ha! The Princess of Power logo doesn't describe all the characters any better than the NA He-Man one, but I do agree that it's awesome and iconic. (and I wouldn't replace it)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    That's weird. Why can't they share an official "Who can't we make" list?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    It seems to me that with every month that goes by, the "what the fans want to know" answers become less and less informative. There was nothing really worth of interest in those answers, in my opinion.

We get more valuable info coming from other sites, now. Very sad... But maybe that's something Mattel wishes for, and giving non-answers or dumb ones helps them in that purpose.

Why can't they share an official "Who can't we make" list ?
    1) So they dont spill any secrets that they'd like to keep

2) So they don't upset fans unnecessarily

Same with a complete list of characters they actually CAN make, by the way.

Every time we asked for lists, they didn't answer. Probably because this requires some WORK and research too. Alas ! I guess it would be better in the future not to ask for lists... even though we know there are good reasons for us to ask lists.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    I realise my question was on the wordy side, but you couldn't have included the bit about Bow not exactly being a "Princess"?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    My guess would be because they're working on it.
    Meaning, I'm sure they'd love to do a Shadow Weaver figure, fans have been demanding that for years, maybe decades even. So while she's not on the table now, maybe they're doing something legally behind the scenes to get her?

If they post a definitive list... That doesn't help them in getting her rights... That make any sense? It's okay if it doesn't.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Great answers all around!

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Because it would probably be hundreds of characters long if they listed every character from all off-limits entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsellers View Post
    Is there any chance that Mattel would or could acquire the rights to Filmation characters? I'm also curious if the Bow figure will look like an original masters male or slightly less muscular like the original POP figure.
    The 4H design him so I would expect him to look like a cross between He-Ro (for the armor designs) and the NECA Staction of Rio Blast
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsellers View Post
    Is there any chance that Mattel would or could acquire the rights to Filmation characters? I'm also curious if the Bow figure will look like an original masters male or slightly less muscular like the original POP figure.
    I believe they've covered this before…he'll look like a MotU character. Meaning just as muscular as any MotU Male figure.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I realise my question was on the wordy side, but you couldn't have included the bit about Bow not exactly being a "Princess"?
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Princess of Power is She-Ra's tagline. It describes characters who ARE Princesses (She-Ra, Mermista and Glimmer) but others are Queens (Angella and Castaspella), Empresses (Frosta), creatures (Loo-Kee and Kowl), and others that could only be described as The Great Rebellion (Bow, Peekablue, Perfuma, Flutterina, Spinnerella and Netossa).

I'm not upset...I love PoP and keeping it's identity is always cool. It's just funny that a Princess describes Bow, I guess.

Besides that, good answers. They've explained who we can get pretty well. Doing a list would probably take too much time or share too many of their secrets. We can figure it out though or be surprised every now and then.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I still want to know what Goat-Man's status is for MOTUC...
    Goat Man from "Secret of the Dragon's Egg" or Goat Man from "A New Beginning"?

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Because it would probably be hundreds of characters long if they listed every character from all off-limits entertainment.
    Not to mention that if the list is not comprehensive, and an obscure, unavailable character is not listed, then there are those who will take that as evidence that the character is available, and pick at the issue until it festers and bleeds.
    Last edited by Adam_Prince of Eternia; April 16, 2010 at 02:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I think they are using the "Princess of Power" sticker to describe which toyline the figures originate from. Just look at all the classic toys. Bow did come on a pink and purple Princess of Power card. It is kinda silly to see that "Princess of Power" sticker and see a male character in the packaging, but that's the toyline/cartoon he came from.

I really hope Stonedar and Rokkon have a Comet Warriors sticker on them like they did back in the vintage line (not exactly a sticker but it was printed on the package). I don't know if the two of them are going to be enough to warrant that sticker though. The Snake men have a handful of characters, they'll have a sticker or packaging nod to their group. The Horde have quite a few as well and we've already seen Hordak with his Evil Horde sticker.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Random idea:

What if the "Galactic Protectors" used the same font/logo style as the "He-Man" one to evoke that nostalgic feelings (some) of us have for the NA logo?
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Random idea:

What if the "Galactic Protectors" used the same font/logo style as the "He-Man" one to evoke that nostalgic feelings (some) of us have for the NA logo?
    I like it!

They could also do:

He-Man
    and the
    Galactic Protectors

...like how the original MOTU Filmation toon was.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I'm sure most of you old timers know I'm not the biggest fan of NA. I wanted to select a couple NA questions though since they were good, interesting questions and was a little paranoid doing so since I don't know ANYTHING about NA at all. I really like the NA "He-Man" logo though and am warming up to them since seeing that Optikk figure.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I really like the NA "He-Man" logo though and am warming up to them since seeing that Optikk figure.
    Ah-HA! I knew it would happen one day! a year from now you'll be begging for a Skeletor with eyeballs!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I like it!

They could also do:

He-Man
    and the
    Galactic Protectors

...like how the original MOTU Filmation toon was.
    That would be cool and since they can't use "the New Adventures" tag line, it kinda makes a sorta backward sense!
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Ah-HA! I knew it would happen one day! a year from now you'll be begging for a Skeletor with eyeballs!
    AHHHH! Let's not get crazy there now, Mr. LFE!!!!

That Optikk could be an exception! It could just be a great choice on Mattel's behalf for first NA figure into MOTUC. If it was NA He-Man or Skeletor, I don't think I would feel the same way. I just don't see myself very excited for that He-Man wearing jeans or that Skeletor either. In fact, if and when they are bonus figures I will graciously pass on them.

Ugh....I just don't see myself EVER accepting that Skeletor when every other version I've ever seen is vastly superior. (in my opinion...of course )

These mutants, protectors, and other characters that have not been in my regular MOTU, I'm probably going to be more accepting towards. BUT it will take the magic of the Four Horsemen to fit them into the MOTU that we all know and love.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    So BOW gets a Princess of Power logo on his box? Mmmm.... I would prefer a "rebellion" or "rebel" sticker on his box. Or maybe "rogues"? Not to sound sexist or anything, but I just don't like a POP sticker being slapped on his box.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I guess the answer to number 4, saying She-ra's enemies get a Horde sticker, finally answers the question about the sticker on Catra and Entraptra's packaging
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    So BOW gets a Princess of Power logo on his box? Mmmm.... I would prefer a "rebellion" or "rebel" sticker on his box. Or maybe "rogues"? Not to sound sexist or anything, but I just don't like a POP sticker being slapped on his box.
    I don't have an issue with it... He WAS a princess of Power toy... and if they DID remove that from any Non-royal character the PoP fans would riot. They fought long and hard to keep some kind of brand recognition and avoid all of the girls just being assimilated into the MOTU card.

I think the only reason the Horde get their own sticker is because of the whole, Is it a MOTU toy... or She-ra's Enemy confusion of the 80's... BOTH groups could lay claim to Hordak, so he's on his own... He-man doesn't get a Team name... Skeletor's guy's aren't Evil Warriors... Grayskull and He-Ro aren't 'PRETERNIA'... Not EVERYONE needs an individual team sticker... Just something to differentiate the lines is nice...

As for using the He-man for the NA toys... Techniquely in the 80's they were ALL He-man toys I NEVER called them Masters of the Universe... they were ALWAYS "HE-MAN figures. So I agree slapping HE-MAN on it doesn't do anything for recognition either...

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Random idea:

Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Ugh....I just don't see myself EVER accepting that Skeletor when every other version I've ever seen is vastly superior. (in my opinion...of course )
    Well...to be fair, he only had eyeballs in the toon.

This was his toy:

...and I think the most superior version of Skeletor is...

BATTLE BLADE SKELETOR!

He looks wicked evil, has excellent protective armour, rooted hair, a skull themed battle axe and shield AND glows in the dark! He's pure win!

Those are still garbage to me. BUT...BUT if anyone can make magic happen, it's the 4 Horsemen doing them in this MOTUC style.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!