Thread: moding MOTUC STRATOS

moding MOTUC STRATOS

I Heated and popped the hands off. Very little glue held the wings onto his wrist ( they are seperate pieces ) 1 came off no problem the other I had to cut off with thin sharp exacto. Now I can reposition the wing seperately. Any body else do this yet?

I also fixed the Stratos age old cursed paint job I got on mine.
    Last edited by smanomega; April 17, 2010 at 02:50am.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Heroic Warrior
    I just opened my Stratos tonight (shush...I was a MOC for the longest time and am now broadening my horizons), but how is the easiest way to reposition the wings so they line up with the forearms better?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    I just opened my Stratos tonight (shush...I was a MOC for the longest time and am now broadening my horizons), but how is the easiest way to reposition the wings so they line up with the forearms better?
    You have to loosen the glue they put between his wristbands (which are the part of the wings attached to his wrists) Somehow. It can be hard or easy depending on how much glue they put on yours. Some people loosen the glue using boil and pop, some people use a hairdryer. I used a hair dryer, and still had to use a small hobby knife and small prying tools to loosen the glue from both wrists. After that, the wrist bracelet that holds the wings will twist around the wrist. Of course when you do this, it is best to remove the hands first by heating the wrists up to pull them out. Then when you are ready to put them back (after you free the wings from the glue)heat up the wrists but not the hand pegs. You want those sturdy so you can push them into the warmer, more pliable wrist socket.