Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 100

Thread: Gorpo speculation thread

  1. #51
    Heroic Evil Warrior! Neutro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    LB, Cali-ternia
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That's awesome!

    I hope someone can post pictures of him in my picture request thread:

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=188576

    It also might help Mattel.
    Here's one to start.



    I'm having trouble uploading the images to the org, but I'll try to scan the whole annual, and figure it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    – No comment.

  2. #52
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,747
    I would love FakerII's version of Gorpo!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  3. #53
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    ...I must commend FAKER Jr. on his photoshop mock-ups (they're awesome, F-Deuce!) but they don't convince me to want to purchase a Gorpo figure...And F-Deuce, I would give Uncle Montork a crystal/diamond staff to further differentiate him from Orko and Gorpo. Plus it would give them some sort of hierarchy (Gorpo-silver, Orko-gold, Montork-diamond). Just a thought.
    I appreciate the compliment. And we each have our own tastes so no offense taken if I couldn't sway you into liking Gorpo.

    We'd be lucky to get Uncle Montork at all so I doubt we'd get a new staff. With that in mind, I took your suggestion and made the staff transparent. Well, as best as I could anyway. It's not easy to make an object look transparent in front of a white background but I did my best.

  4. #54
    Heroic Evil Warrior! Neutro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    LB, Cali-ternia
    Posts
    3,602
    And this is actually the only other full color picture with Gorpo in the annual.
    He's just... blue. And he's never shown with any letter, no "o" no "g."

    Attached Images Attached Images
    – No comment.

  5. #55
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    8,202
    Thanks for posting those pics. I'd be all for Gorpo and other Trollans.

  6. #56
    Heroic Warrior He-Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    2,865
    I was thinking NO to Gorpo, but what if they made Gorpo a clone of Orko, that maybe even turned evil? The plain blue hat is much better than the stars one. The stars are tacky.

    I would prefer Montork over a Gorpo - though I'd be happy for neither to be made.

    I am getting a lil worried that anything that almost kinda had a concept drawn now has a movement to have it made into a MOTUC figure; "Why don't we make a figure of the old man in the third panel of that mini comic?"

    The truth is, Orko IS Gorpo, just with his final name. Gorpo was never meant to be. Are we going to request a character called Tornado because Sy-Klone had a naming error in his mini-comic?

  7. #57
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I was thinking NO to Gorpo, but what if they made Gorpo a clone of Orko, that maybe even turned evil? The plain blue hat is much better than the stars one. The stars are tacky.

    I would prefer Montork over a Gorpo - though I'd be happy for neither to be made.

    I am getting a lil worried that anything that almost kinda had a concept drawn now has a movement to have it made into a MOTUC figure; "Why don't we make a figure of the old man in the third panel of that mini comic?"

    The truth is, Orko IS Gorpo, just with his final name. Gorpo was never meant to be. Are we going to request a character called Tornado because Sy-Klone had a naming error in his mini-comic?
    - Demo-Man was Skeletor's concepted name. Now he's a demon that was mixed with Skeletor, put in his bio and will probably get a figure.
    - Gygor was a Big Jim Gorilla repaint concept that was canned...but we're going to get him now too.
    - "Wonder Bread He-Man" may have just been a knock off made by some other company, but now he's the 2010 subscription exclusive!
    - The Green Goddess appeared in the first MOTU mini-comic ever, and then her colour was different (Teela), but we got her in December!

    This line is for the adult collector and Mattel, TG and the FourHorsemen listen to fans and are making what is possible...which is crazy awesome!

    As for Gorpo's stars being tacky, I don't think so...I LOVE them! Lots of awesome super heros have stars like Wonder Woman, Captain America, Starman, Stargirl, etc.

    PLUS....wizards do:







    I wouldn't want Gorpo to be a clone. There's already WAY too much clone business in MOTUC as it is. Younger brother accidentally sent to Preternia would be cool.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  8. #58
    Evil Warlock Maestro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm actually preferring the Gorpo mock-up to the original Orko now.
    Me too! That purple robe with the stars really looks nice, and I love the Grayskull G. This isn't a character that I have ever cared about, but if they made one that looked like this I would probably buy it.

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior Azrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, CA
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    "The truth is, Orko IS Gorpo, just with his final name. Gorpo was never meant to be. Are we going to request a character called Tornado because Sy-Klone had a naming error in his mini-comic?
    There were many concepts that never originally came to fruition, now
    with Classics its actually a possibility Gygor, He-Ro, Goddess etc. No
    need to be dogmatic especially since Gorpo would be nothing more than
    an Orko repaint which would allow fans to obtain a unique variant and
    concept will allowing Mattel to get more use out of the overall sculpt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    - Demo-Man was Skeletor's concepted name. Now he's a demon that was mixed with Skeletor, put in his bio and will probably get a figure.
    - Gygor was a Big Jim Gorilla repaint concept that was canned...but we're going to get him now too.
    - "Wonder Bread He-Man" may have just been a knock off made by some other company, but now he's the 2010 subscription exclusive!
    - The Green Goddess appeared in the first MOTU mini-comic ever, and then her colour was different (Teela), but we got her in December!

    This line is for the adult collector and Mattel, TG and the FourHorsemen listen to fans and are making what is possible...which is crazy awesome!
    Precisely my point. I'm all for expansion. Many toylines have gone into
    making concepts into actual figures MOTUC shouldn't be any different.
    Sadly, I believe that many have tunnel vision when it comes to various
    aspects of this line.
    Last edited by Azrael; April 19, 2010 at 01:40am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #60
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    And this is actually the only other full color picture with Gorpo in the annual.
    He's just... blue. And he's never shown with any letter, no "o" no "g."

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1271638310
    From the pics you posted, we don't get a clear look at his chest at all. So he really could have anything printed on that cloak.

  11. #61
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,057
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    From the pics you posted, we don't get a clear look at his chest at all. So he really could have anything printed on that cloak.
    There are ther pictures on red coloured pages which shows the front of him, I'll try to scan them later, but trust me, it's clear!
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior Emiliano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Palermo, Italy
    Posts
    6,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Before we get too excited, I'd like to ask 2 simple questions :

    1) Who created Gorpo ?

    2) Who has the rights to this character ?
    1) Gorpo is not a separate character. It was a working name for Orko it was changed by Filmation to simplify animation. So the question "who created gorpo" doens't really make sense

    2) No one has the rights to such character because he isn't a real character.
    He-Man.org kinda contributed to make him so famous by making him a sort of unofficial mascotte of the site in the early years.

  13. #63
    Heroic Warrior He-Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    - Demo-Man was Skeletor's concepted name. Now he's a demon that was mixed with Skeletor, put in his bio and will probably get a figure.
    - Gygor was a Big Jim Gorilla repaint concept that was canned...but we're going to get him now too.
    - "Wonder Bread He-Man" may have just been a knock off made by some other company, but now he's the 2010 subscription exclusive!
    - The Green Goddess appeared in the first MOTU mini-comic ever, and then her colour was different (Teela), but we got her in December!

    This line is for the adult collector and Mattel, TG and the FourHorsemen listen to fans and are making what is possible...which is crazy awesome!

    As for Gorpo's stars being tacky, I don't think so...I LOVE them! Lots of awesome super heros have stars like Wonder Woman, Captain America, Starman, Stargirl, etc.

    PLUS....wizards do:


    I wouldn't want Gorpo to be a clone. There's already WAY too much clone business in MOTUC as it is. Younger brother accidentally sent to Preternia would be cool.
    The examples you gave are the kind of thing that I'm a little worried about. I'm all for expanding MOTU, but I think these examples are changing the MOTU that I know a little bit too much. Let's have new characters, not somehow squeeze variants/concepts into the stroy.

    Demo Man I can handle - it's not my prefernce (it should have stopped with Keldor) but I can live with this addittion. Gy-Gor is different because we are adding a brand new character (not necessarily altering the story of an existing character). The Green Goddess (and the concept of multiple He-Men) has cheapend the uniqueness of the He-Man we know (the one Adam turns into). Introducing King Grayskull made He-man a little bit less special, but having multiple He-men has almost turned the character into a generic trooper. And he is the star of the show!

    I was glad they created Zodak, cos he was a tool in MYP MoTU, so that salvaged the coolness of the original Zodac.

    I dunno, maybe I'm just taking a while to adjust to the change. Maybe I just need new storylines to flesh out these characters.

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    No one has the rights to such character because he isn't a real character.
    Which means Mattel could make him, right? After all, "Wonder Bread He-Man" wasn't a real character either, and now we're getting Wun-Dar.

  15. #65
    Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Alicante, Spain
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    1) Gorpo is not a separate character.
    So Gorpo is just Orko in a different outfit... I still prefer using the name Gorpo for the real name of Oracle...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

    2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,087
    The Gorpo mock-up looks amazing, and I appreciate the scans to see the original Gorpo content.

    Can anyone put up a screen capture of Oracle? I have no idea who he is as I'm only like 4 episodes into MYP, and there doesn't seem to be any mention of him in the encyclopedia on he-man.org.

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior LostIt2Bostik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'd like The Oracle as well, especially because I firmly believe he and Orko are the same person...

    Orko is the key to the cyclical nature of the Powers of Grayskull I suppose.
    So, Orko is the linchpin? Sorta like the Droids from Star Wars? OK, I guess I could see that... whether I'm OK with it is another story. However, it would only add to Orko's otherworldly magical backwardness... He's an accomplished wizard in Eternia's past rather than in its future.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior Azrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, CA
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    The examples you gave are the kind of thing that I'm a little worried about. I'm all for expanding MOTU, but I think these examples are changing the MOTU that I know a little bit too much. Let's have new characters, not somehow squeeze variants/concepts into the stroy.

    Demo Man I can handle - it's not my prefernce (it should have stopped with Keldor) but I can live with this addittion. Gy-Gor is different because we are adding a brand new character (not necessarily altering the story of an existing character). The Green Goddess (and the concept of multiple He-Men) has cheapend the uniqueness of the He-Man we know (the one Adam turns into). Introducing King Grayskull made He-man a little bit less special, but having multiple He-men has almost turned the character into a generic trooper. And he is the star of the show!
    To be honest, King Grayskull doesn't make He-Man any less special, since
    King Greyskull doesn't have an alter-ego, Adam intrinsically stands out
    from him. Also IMHO the existence of other He-Man's doesn't negate
    Adams importance either, especially if Adam turns out to be the greatest
    He-Man. Having an entire Corps of Green Lanterns surely doesn't negates
    Hal Jordan's rep as the greatest Lantern among them.

  19. #69
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    4,378
    regardless, I"m sold. I"d have him hanging with one of the preternians, or Wun-Dar.

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior Novelty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Erehwon
    Posts
    635
    I'd like an army of Trollans as well, especially if some of them could turn invisible when hot
    Got Fur

    I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

  21. #71
    Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    1,455

    Gorpo for MOTUC?

    Do you think it'll ever happen, as an exclusive for this site? {sorry if this has been asked already}
    Does Galactus fart?

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior bamf1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    2,805
    I would like to see it, and it would certainly be easy money for Mattel.

    Sell it as a .org exclusive. Throw it in a baggie. All it would require is a new paint app.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

  23. #73
    Heroic Evil Warrior! Neutro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    LB, Cali-ternia
    Posts
    3,602
    I'd definitely buy a Gorpo figure, and I'm sure Mattel can and will make one, eventually!

    I doubt it would be an .org exclusive however. I'd much rather Illumina be reserved for that spot anyway.
    – No comment.

  24. #74
    Heroic Warrior Adam_Portugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    679
    Actually "Gorpo" is the brazilian translation to "Orko" in the 80's cartoon...

    I don't know why, but it is!
    Check it at 4:18 minutes.


  25. #75
    Heroic Warrior AuraBoyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    590
    Logic has it that each keeper of the sword would have had a Trollan guide... I'd like Gorpo to be assigned to He-Ro.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •