Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gorpo speculation thread

I would love for goto to be an. Org exclusive.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Gorpo would be awesome, and they would be foolish NOT to make him (especially as a subscription exclusive), since they already have the figure, they just need different paint colors.

However, he might be owned by Classic Media, since it was a Filmation DESIGN. The stars and the "G" may make this difficult.. if it were just Orko in blue, that would probably be doable... but the design is rather different

At least, that's what TG claimed when he said they couldn't do Swift Wind in "Filmation colors," even though he appeared that way in the mini-comics, AND in the prototype video.
    Last edited by bcrduke; December 31, 2010 at 02:07pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I hope we can get a Gorpo figure. I am all for more Trollans, and with him being little more than a repaint, he'd be an easy please.

Bio-wise, it would be cool if he was Orko's rival or, perhaps better, his precurser, a fellow "guide" to a former wielder of the Sword (perhaps He-Ro's, although I imagine the Oracle would fill this role).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Digging the Larry Zabysco with the GIANT hand.

Gorpo... Not too excited about it but if people want it, go for it and I will let you have mine.

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Before we get too excited, I'd like to ask 2 simple questions :

1) Who created Gorpo ?

2) Who has the rights to this character ?

If Mattel can make him, I think Gorpo might be a great idea for an exclusive, or even for the 2011 sub exclusive.

I agree : the mockup of Gorpo looks as good, if not better, than Orko !

And the good news is that if Mattel doesn't release him, our custom artists will certainly be able to paint an Orko and to turn him into Gorpo ! :csrwink!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    1) Gorpo is not a separate character. It was a working name for Orko it was changed by Filmation to simplify animation. So the question "who created gorpo" doens't really make sense

2) No one has the rights to such character because he isn't a real character.
    He-Man.org kinda contributed to make him so famous by making him a sort of unofficial mascotte of the site in the early years.
    what can i say, i likes unofficial mascottes,
    so WHO created the purple version and changed him into orko's brother?

I'd like to know more about him and how/where he'd fit it in with the rest of the storylines and I think that you guys should get the honor of doing a bio for him.

If this Gorpo can ever get made, I'd like to see him be more than just a repainted Orko though.

There's a top part to his robe, it looks more like a jacket actually with the stripey part & stars at the bottom, then he has the rest of his robe (sort of like a skirt) underneath.

i imagine him being bigger than classics orko...plus the ears could be more reflective of the 200x style and maybe change the turtleneck part just a bit.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Gorpo would be awesome, and they would be foolish NOT to make him (especially as a subscription exclusive), since they already have the figure, they just need different paint colors.

However, he might be owned by Classic Media, since it was a Filmation DESIGN. The stars and the "G" may make this difficult.. if it were just Orko in blue, that would probably be doable... but the design is rather different

At least, that's what TG claimed when he said they couldn't do Swift Wind in "Filmation colors," even though he appeared that way in the mini-comics, AND in the prototype video.
    Yeah, this could definitely be a problem. If we get a Gorpo, I definitely want him with the stars on his outfit. It'd be a shame to just get a blue Orko without the stars or the G.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    - I was under the impression (correct me if I'm wrong) that the stars were not originally part of Gorpo's costume as designed by Fulmation but rather were a later fan interpretation.
    - If the "G" were changed to the Grayskull G as some have suggested, and I incorporated into my mock up, I don't think it would be a problem.
    - So really, I think the only concern is could Mattel actually use the name "Gorpo"? I'm curious as to whether Classic Media would have any say over the name since it was never actually used in the Filmation cartoon. I'm not familiar with the comics that actually had Gorpo in them. Does Mattel have the rights to them? If so, given that the name Gorpo doesn't appear in the Filmaton cartoon, then maybe Mattel could use the name.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Here in Brazil, Orko was named Gorpo on Filmation cartoon....
    I didn't understand why Gorpo had an 'O' on his robe.....
    By the power of Grayskull, transform this decayed form to Highlander! There can be only one - HOOOOOOO!!!

How about Gorpo and Oo-Larr as the SDCC exclusive?

SDCC version could be in an Orko sized box, and have Gorpo's bio, Matty version in a regular classics box with Oo-Larrs bio?

Heck, might as well throw in a Ceril head as well!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    How about Gorpo and Oo-Larr as the SDCC exclusive?

SDCC version could be in an Orko sized box, and have Gorpo's bio, Matty version in a regular classics box with Oo-Larrs bio?

Heck, might as well throw in a Ceril head as well!
    Who's Ceril?

I'd be fine with your suggestion.

Alls I knows is I wants me some Gorpo!

This Gorpo:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I think Gorpo would be an interesting variant, but I'd prefer getting the Oracle.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I'll take a Gorpo and an Oracle

I still have to get an Orko too

Who's Ceril?

I'd be fine with your suggestion.

Alls I knows is I wants me some Gorpo!
    Ceril is in the DC mini series, leader of a tribe of barbarians and wearer of a pair of furry pants and nothing else, thus could share a body with Oo-Larr.

He's not a big enough character to get his own figure, but an extra head so "uber-fans" can make him would be a great bonus.

This Gorpo:
    That's a fine looking Gorpo!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I would dig a Gorpo. I like the idea of him being from Grayskulls time. I also like the stars and stuff, similar to Merlyn from the old days. Since this is just Orko, but with different colors, then I think they should be able to make him. TG said they could make Marlena in any color dress they wanted, so I would think they could do the same for Orko, or Gorpo!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Ceril is in the DC mini series, leader of a tribe of barbarians and wearer of a pair of furry pants and nothing else, thus could share a body with Oo-Larr.
    Oh, cool! I've never read the DC mini series.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I would like Gorpo in the line but would like him to be evil working for Skeletor as Orko's Arch Nemesis.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Is Gorpo The Unamed One?
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

They are both Trollan and have a purple robe. That's the only comparison we have at this point.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I believe that the second head is the purple with stars orko type head and that the armour is removable on the UNO. And that when you take off his armour and put on that second head, you have the G and such. Viola! GORPO!

I couldnt be happier, if this bodes true. Love letter to the fans indeed. To the "real" fans, whatever that means (fans of all of MOTU, not just one aspect of it heheh)

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I believe that the second head is the purple with stars orko type head and that the armour is removable on the UNO. And that when you take off his armour and put on that second head, you have the G and such. Viola! GORPO!

I couldnt be happier, if this bodes true. Love letter to the fans indeed. To the "real" fans, whatever that means (fans of all of MOTU, not just one aspect of it heheh)
    Aw, Baron. I almost always agree with you. The streak has ended . I'll be happy for you if you get your Gorpo head. I'd rather a Gorpo be part of a pack with Dre-Elle and Montork or something, unrelated to the leaked pics. Your wish is more likely to happen than mine. Poor me .
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

Baron, I would LOVE for you to be correct on this one!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Well we got our Gorpo.
    Turned out he is the great unnamed one.
    What a surprise.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I REALLY hope the Unnamed One isn't Gorpo (I haven't personally read it, but a lot of people keep posting saying the Four Horsemen confirmed BEFORE the leaked pics were shown that the Unnamed One isn't Gorpo).

I just read this entire thread over again and shed a few tears thinking Gorpo really has been turned into the Unnamed One, though. He was a cute, good, funny mascot for He-Man.org that first appeared in the 1984 UK annual. Faker II made that AMAZING mock-up of a repainted Orko and quite a few people fell in love with the idea based on that mock-up. If Gorpo does turn out to be the Unnamed One, they turned him into something evil, dark and twisted...and I just can't wrap my head around how that could even REMOTELY be perceived as a "love letter" to the fans. It will also really peeve me off because I loved the repaint so much better than this fully tooled figure (full tooling takes away the possibility of Sagitar, might make us lose paint apps throughout the year, etc.)

Now, if an ENTIRE Gorpo figure looking like Faker II's mock-up is lying at the bottom of the package, I will change my tune completely! I still don't like the idea of the Unnamed One being an evil Trollan, but I will no longer give a flying flip because I will have the awesome Faker II version of Gorpo.

Here in Brazil, every Orko is Gorpo...

I REALLY hope the Unnamed One isn't Gorpo (I haven't personally read it, but a lot of people keep posting saying the Four Horsemen confirmed BEFORE the leaked pics were shown that the Unnamed One isn't Gorpo).

I just read this entire thread over again and shed a few tears thinking Gorpo really has been turned into the Unnamed One, though. He was a cute, good, funny mascot for He-Man.org that first appeared in the 1984 UK annual. Faker II made that AMAZING mock-up of a repainted Orko and quite a few people fell in love with the idea based on that mock-up. If Gorpo does turn out to be the Unnamed One, they turned him into something evil, dark and twisted...and I just can't wrap my head around how that could even REMOTELY be perceived as a "love letter" to the fans. It will also really peeve me off because I loved the repaint so much better than this fully tooled figure (full tooling takes away the possibility of Sagitar, might make us lose paint apps throughout the year, etc.)

Now, if an ENTIRE Gorpo figure looking like Faker II's mock-up is lying at the bottom of the package, I will change my tune completely! I still don't like the idea of the Unnamed One being an evil Trollan, but I will no longer give a flying flip because I will have the awesome Faker II version of Gorpo.
    I appreciate the compliments but I would like to say that several people contributed ideas to the mock-up so I like to think of it as our mock-up. I really don't expect there to be a regular (non-evil) Gorpo in that package but I guess I can keep my fingers crossed for another month.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal