Thread: DRI merged my sub account with someone elses

Heroic Warrior

DRI merged my sub account with someone elses

So this started the month of March after Moss Man was released I received a email notification confirming my change of address but I never changed my address. Two weeks later, Matty sent an email informing me that the figure was shipped to Illinois but the box was shipped back to their warehouse.
    Prior to the release of Evil Lyn and Wundar, Matty sent me an email saying they would send my Moss Men with my April club Eternia figures.
    I received Evil Lyn and Wundar but no Moss Men. I sent a few emails but no response. I checked my Matty account on Tuesday and found that I was charged for the Moss Men but there was no new tracking number on file.
    Yesterday I tried to log onto my account on Matty and the message said invalid email address. I called DRI and was passed around to four different people who each said that they would transfer me to someone that could assist me. When I spoke to the fourth person who again asked for my order number. That seems to be the first thing out of their mouths, I told her I wanted to speak to a supervisor. I waited and listened to the elevator music for 20 minutes and then heard a dial tone. I had to take a break because I was ready to scream at someone who was not responsible for what happened.
    I called later that day at around 11PM and asked to speak to a supervisor. Before transferring me, she said she wanted to gather some information. I gave her the order number, told her what happened, and that I was locked out of my account. To make a long story short, she told me I couldn't log onto my account because my address and email address were switched with the person's in Illinois. What is even worse is I cannot access my account unless I have his email address and he cannot access mine until he has my email address. If I had his email address, my password would give me access. I was about to lose it but I stayed calm. Obviously, she didn't change the information but the person who did is clearly a moron.
    Her solution to this mess was to create another account. What concerned me about this was that if she did that my club sub may be canceled. I told her I did not want to take any chances considering what has happened the last six weeks. She told me that she would put my ticket on a highest priority level and someone would contact me within 48-76 hours. It is day one but I am already growing inpatient because May is right around the corner.
    Tytus is the figure I have been waiting for the longest and I really don't want to miss out nor do I want to lose my club sub. I know I have a few weeks before the 17th but the way DRI moves, I cannot afford to hold my breath.
    Has anyone else gone through this hassle or is this an isolated incident. I have searched the boards and I have not heard any complaints about people email addresses being switched with another sub member.
    TOY GURU IF YOU ARE WATCHING THE BOARDS PLEASE HELP!!!
    Xbox Gamer tag: Darkbanshe
    Wish list: New Adventures toys loose or carded toys, SDCC color change orko, Masters of the universe magazines, grayskull stands, weapons pack one, 200x battle cat and panthor, vintage castle grayskull, snake moutain, and vintage vehicles.

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. We might be moving in the near future and I'm dreading going through an address change with DR. If I were in your shoes, I'd have my wife create a separate account in her name on a different card to ensure that I could at least order Tytus while they straighten the subscription out. I don't know if you are married or dating anyone so maybe that might not be an option for you.

I had a similar incident not too long ago where I received someone else's order.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    That's pretty damn scary. I mean, as much as it sucks not getting the figures, the bigger concern (to me) would be them switching some of my info around with someone else's, and some random stranger having access to my personal info.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    What the ****..................
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

And Mattel STILL wants too go with these idiots now that privacy concern has been brought up? Some CEO's really are thick headed!
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Warrior
    I received an email from Matty this morning saying they would contact me within 24 to 72 hours. I will keep you posted once this matter is resolved. I an already thinking of what I can do to make sure I get Tytus. I refuse to pay anymore than $40 for him.
    Thanks for the helpful advice.
    Wish list: New Adventures toys loose or carded toys, SDCC color change orko, Masters of the universe magazines, grayskull stands, weapons pack one, 200x battle cat and panthor, vintage castle grayskull, snake moutain, and vintage vehicles.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It doesn't appear the credit card info is accessible on the site right off by signing in, but any breach of personal information like this is troublesome, at the very least.

Have you posted this over on the Matty boards? May not do any good, but hopefully someone at Mattel might see it and the lawyers may start having hissy fits.

Why in the world is DR still running that site?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It doesn't appear the credit card info is accessible on the site right off by signing in, but any breach of personal information like this is troublesome, at the very least.

Have you posted this over on the Matty boards? May not do any good, but hopefully someone at Mattel might see it and the lawyers may start having hissy fits.

Why in the world is DR still running that site?
    I agree he should post on the Matty boards to get this resolved and get more attention on this EXTREMELY epic screw up.

Having said that, I think the silver lining in all of this (in terms of protecting personal information) is that since it seems it was the email addresses needed to log in that got flipped, Cringalicious can't log in, and therefore most likely the other person can't log-in either... which means that other person can't see Cringalicious's information.

But, the whole issue is none the less worrisome. Because if something like this happens again to somebody, it may not be the email address that gets swapped, but instead personal name and address information or something like that. And if the email addresses still work for logging-in in a scenario like that, then personal info could be comprimised.

I can't even fathom how something like this can happen. They can't get their systems to work to leave the item in the cart until check out is complete, or to handle the monthly online traffic, but somehow this system is capable of just swapping people's information around, which is something NO system should be capable of doing?! That's just insane.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I can't even fathom how something like this can happen. They can't get their systems to work to leave the item in the cart until check out is complete, or to handle the monthly online traffic, but somehow this system is capable of just swapping people's information around, which is something NO system should be capable of doing?! That's just insane.
    You took the words out of my mouth

The worrying thing is Digital River is infamous for broad problems, which means if it happened to one person it happened to a bunch of people (subscription cancellations, etc)

I would definitly post on their boards though, they do look there every day and this something that needs to be brought to their attention in a public way.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I strongly agree that you should post this on the Mattyforums. The senior customer service representatives from DR will surely take notice and contact you. They are very nice and helpful people and I am sure they will find a way to fix this. From my own experience DR is not as bad as some people imagine them to be. Obviously what happened to you is awful, but seems it just happened once. It's terrible that it happened to you. I would be frustrated and angry if something like this happened to me, but don't give up hope. As I said, I am sure the senior DR cs reps will fix it.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Heroic Warrior
    Problem resolved!!! I received an email from Matty requesting that I call a 1-800 number to change my address. I called the number and spoke to a guy with an American accent. This is the first time I have ever talked to anyone at DRI with an American accent. I am not sure what is PC but I think it is okay because we say people have a southern accent or people have an Australian accent. Prior to today, everyone that I have talked to appeared to have an Indian accent. Regardless of where they are from, I think our difficulty in understanding each other increases frustration which breaks down rational communication. Any way, I digress.
    I explained the problems and he was able to fix my account within five minutes! He changed my email address and corrected my mailing address. I pulled up the Matty browser to make sure that the issue was fixed. It was!! The only thing that causes me concern is that he cancelled my old subscription and created a new subscription. He told me he wanted to make sure the same thing did not occur in May. I reluctantly said okay because I don't want to miss Tytus in May. After ending the call, minutes later, I received an email with my billing statement for the March and May figures. Now I think I can breath a sigh of relief...until 11AM on May 17th Why wasn't it this easy before?
    Thanks you all for the advice! I hope no one else has to go through this because it is stressful enough logging on at 11AM fighting to add figures to your cart.

That's cool. You KNOW that Tytus is NOT included in the sub, do you? Because at some point you say that you are worried about the sub because you don't want to miss Tytus.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub