Thread: What happened to He-Ro's magik staff?

What happened to He-Ro's magik staff?

The thread on how many power swords got me thinking about He-Ro's magic staff.

As I recall, in the vintage Preternia He-Ro's magic staff was meant to be extremely powerful. It seems unclear how powerful this artefact is meant to be in MOTUC with the Sword of He bestowed upon He-Ro by the Overlords of Trolla taking prominence.

I suspect it is still meant to be a very powerful mystic weapon in MOTUC.

Forgive me if I have forgotten or missed it, but has there been any clarification by Toyguru as to what happens to this magic staff after the death of He-Ro. I don't see reference to it in the bios and it seems the magic gem was not raided for use in She-Ra's sword of protection as that matter was discussed in the other forum.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before (I did a search, with no results) but does anyone know what happens to He-Ro's staff?

Does it still exist in the modern era of Eternia?

If it still exists somewhere (buried in Castle Grayskull; held for safe keeping by Granamyr?) is there a magic user in this era (Mallek? Sibyline? Tarrak?) worthy of wielding the staff?

Is the staff a forgotten element or does it have a role yet to be revealed via bios in the future resolution of the conflict between He-Man and the evil forces of Skeletor, the Evil Horde and Snake Men?

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Great question - to my knowledge we don't know what happens to it.

The Sorceress uses it as a reading lamp.

This is why a MOTU encyclopedia detailing every aspect of the universe would be very cool. Not written as a big book of factoids but as a journal or registry of the universe by someone from that universe. For example: the Soceress or Veena.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    The staff gets split up into several pieces and hidden... until one day when the Sorceress has to reassmle the staff to make a "clone" of it. Unfortunately she only finds about half of the pieces, but assembles what she does find and makes a copy to create Orko's wand.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    My understanding was that magical the stone of the staff was placed in She-ra's power sword. Now that I think about it, She-ra's sword is gold and He-ro's staff is gold. There may be a connection there.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

If the stone isn't part of She-Ra's sword, I'd say King Grayskull buried the Staff with He-Ro.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    My understanding was that magical the stone of the staff was placed in She-ra's power sword. Now that I think about it, She-ra's sword is gold and He-ro's staff is gold. There may be a connection there.
    TG already said it wasn't, but alot of people would actually preferred it if that what did happen. But hell as TG also said we can make up whatever story we want and the bios aren't necessarily the end all be all of MOTU. I just consider the word "cloned" to be a poor choice of words when describing how her sword was "created". In my canon, her Sword of Protection is He-ro's staff in a new form. 1 character with 2 powerful weapons, twins of destiny? That's my take on it.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Yeah, it seems a lot of us grew up hypothesizing that the staff was broken down into the two swords and the gem was used in the sword of protection, but then Classics cancelled that out. (Unless it still reigns in your own personal canon...like it does in mine.)

That's a very good question!!!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Maybe He-Ro's staff becomes the Staff of Avion?
    King Grayskull could have given it to the people of Avion as a gift to forge an alliance with them.

Or since it was either Hordak or King Hiss who killed He-Ro one of them might have taken the staff as a trophy.

"Never will forgive you, never leave you
    You know that if you live like, you will die like
    How can I erase your pain and aid you
    When Death wants to kiss you
    and you want to kiss him back..."

Sonata Arctica - "Sing in Silence"

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    He-Ro's magic staff is extremely powerful, only He-Ro can wield it.
    After He-Ro died, nobody knows what happens with the staff...

The most logical explanation would be that the Cosmic Enforcers took it under their protection to safeguard it from corruption.
    He-Ro was after all, a Cosmic Warrior. Cosmic Enforcers are knows to take things away that can severely disrupt the balance of power.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Interesting. I hope this gets explored in the Bios. Perhaps Eldor took care of it. (I'm thinking Eldor was one of the Elders; perhaps even the leader...)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    TG already said it wasn't, but alot of people would actually preferred it if that what did happen. But hell as TG also said we can make up whatever story we want and the bios aren't necessarily the end all be all of MOTU. I just consider the word "cloned" to be a poor choice of words when describing how her sword was "created". In my canon, her Sword of Protection is He-ro's staff in a new form. 1 character with 2 powerful weapons, twins of destiny? That's my take on it.
    I do like the idea of She-Ra's Sword of Protection being created from He-Ro's magic staff. So much better than being cloned from the Power Sword. In fact, it makes a lot of sense! Especially given the vintage PoG He-Ro's staff was meant to channel magic from the Spellbook of Transformation and we have all seen from the POP cartoon that She-Ra's sword could change form into shield, lasso, dive mask, etc.

Mattel should commission some of you guys to write the bio story!

I do wonder if He-Ro's staff will ever pop up in the modern era in the official Mattel bio story?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosicrucian View Post
    The Sorceress uses it as a reading lamp.
    ROTFLMAO!

In "my" MOTU universe, He-Ro doesn't exist, and never did. Makes it easy for me.
    AKA "SPORTIMUS" on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/user/Sportimus