Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Im more excited for Optikk than Tytus! Anyone else?

Heroic Warrior

Im more excited for Optikk than Tytus! Anyone else?

Just wondering if there's anyone in the same camp as me on this one. I'm a fan of everything MOTU and I plan on getting everything, as I haven't missed on a figure yet, I bought into the 2009 4-month subscription, the 2010 sub, and plan to get a 2011 sub. Since I have a sub, getting Optikk won't be a problem, so I get to concentrate on getting Tytus. However, if I had no sub and only had enough money to buy one figure, it would be Optikk. With Optikk, you're at least continuing forward with the MOTU timeline and he is an amazing character. With Tytus, as cool as a figure as he is, he's a figure from Eternia's past, and also a deceased character. I'm not even sure if I plan on opening him since I don't plan on mixing my living characters with my dead characters. Anyone else more hyped for Optikk's arrival than Tytus?

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    With Tytus, as cool as a figure as he is, he's a figure from Eternia's past, and also a deceased character. I'm not even sure if I plan on opening him since I don't plan on mixing my living characters with my dead characters. Anyone else more hyped for Optikk's arrival than Tytus?

This quote you made is the reason I will probably not get Tytus. It is the same reason I did not get He-Ro or King Grayskull. I definitely want Optikk.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    It's an interesting month. I was unaware of both these characters until this past year, so for the first time I have no nostalgic draw toward either this month. It's like the emotional opposite of February.

I think Optikk just looks like a cooler, nicer toy. Please don't mistake, I will get a Tytus and like him, I'm sure, but hands down I'd only get Optikk if I only could get one.

I definitely am in your camp.

I love New Adventures, and I'm pumped for the first figure from that era. I was hoping for a bit more variety as far as parts go (isn't he all Trap Jaw but with a new head and chest piece?), but he still looks great. It's good they're getting NA incorporated into MOTUC. I can't wait for the next one (and the next and the next...).

Scarcity or secondary market value were never much to get me excited about a figure, and that's how I view Tytus' (the original) appeal. I'm happy so many are happy about him, but I don't even know if he's worth the money to me. Plus I don't know where I'd put him.

I am. Optikk was one of my favourite New Adventures toys and his Classics figure is incredible. Tytus is smaller than his original figure, his weapon is useless, and I'd never even heard of him before I came to this site.

I dont really care about tytus myself. Hes just not impressive looking to me. I will attempt to get him,but im not gonna care if i dont. Optikk is in my sub so im happy to get him.

Oh yeah, WAY more excited for Optikk. Tytus doesn't really have much going for him, being a giant...dude. Not even a cool weapon to call his own (though I'll be finding something for him). I'll be getting him to match with Megator, and I'll probably end up liking him a lot more when he's in hand, but Optikk is just freakin' awesome. Cyborg eyeball man will always be more interesting than...um...big man.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to both of them equally. I'd be more stoked about Tytus is he was in the same scale relative to the regular figures that the original was (roughly 3x regular figure height). Still hoping to get one though.

Same here...I mean, a space mutant with an eyeball for a head?!

That's waaaay cooler than a giant, though I'm still getting Tytus.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Even though I think Optikk looks awesome, I'm much more excited for Tytus.

optikk is awesome! i wish he had more lines in NA. i feel like he and karati were overlooked all the time for speaking parts.

Ya I think I'm the same. Tytus will be ok but Optikk has a home on the current bad guy roster rather than the some obscure past time shelf.

Grenadaspice: although I understand your logic, I do not share it and couldn't disagree more. I, as opposed to you, am not following a timeline. In fact, the MOTU story is timeless in my imaginarium, and I am equally fascinated with ancient, long gone characters (if not more so) and the 'more current' characters. For me Tytus is a very big deal, because it is my chance to finally get my hands on a mythical character that was denied to me (and most MOTU fans for that matter) for so long. Having said that, even if I am not into NA, I must admit Optikk looks REALLY COOL and I'd love to get him to.
    Last edited by Calabeli; April 23, 2010 at 11:59pm.
    Let the power return!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Calabeli View Post
    Grenadaspice: although I understand your logic, I do not share it and couldn't disagree more. I, as opposed to you, am not following a timeline. In fact, the MOTU story is timeless in my imaginarium, and I am equally fascinated with ancient, long gone characters (if not more so) and the 'more current' characters. For me Tytus is a very big deal, because it is my chance to finally get my hands on a mythical character that was denied to me (and most MOTU fans for that matter) for so long. Having said that, even if I am not into NA, I must admit Optikk looks REALLY COOL and I'd love to get him to.
    I like mythical characters in this MOTU line that are still ALIVE like King Hsss, Hordak, Moss Man (I guess) and the Goddess (I don't think she's deceased). If you open your "POG" characters and have them do battle with each other, that's cool. But, you can't mix characters like He-Ro, KG, Tytus, or Wun Dar into the "current" scene as you can with the Snake Men and the Evil Horde. Even if these deceased characters traveled into the present/future, they still would bump into their grave sites since their dead in the present/future. With Opitkk, you get a new warrior joing the ranks of Skeletor. I much prefer that.

Optikk was the only NA figure I had, and plan on buying an extra one over my sub so i can open him up. I will get Tytus, but in the box he shall remain. I like villians better anyway.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'm definitely of the mindset of being more excited for Optikk. It's funny, I didn't really dig NA before seeing this figure. Tytus doesn't really do much for me to be honest.

My brain keeps wanting to smash Optikk's and Tytus' names together. Everytime I see this thread I always think of Optimus. Could this be a subliminal marketing tactic? How could it not be!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I definitely am in your camp.

I love New Adventures, and I'm pumped for the first figure from that era. I was hoping for a bit more variety as far as parts go (isn't he all Trap Jaw but with a new head and chest piece?), but he still looks great. It's good they're getting NA incorporated into MOTUC. I can't wait for the next one (and the next and the next...).

Scarcity or secondary market value were never much to get me excited about a figure, and that's how I view Tytus' (the original) appeal. I'm happy so many are happy about him, but I don't even know if he's worth the money to me. Plus I don't know where I'd put him.
    Whoa.... This is EXACTLY what my response is as well! (Although I don't know where I'll put him, I'm still going to get Tytus...)

Like you, I am overly excited for the NA characters in MOTUC, I cannot wait to see who Mattel will release next! I would suspect one of the Guardians......
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    IN all honesty, I can care less about either of them. One never existed in any cartoon and the other was a worthless character from a worthless cartoon.

Still, I'm getting Tytus because he fought with King Grayskull and I'm getting Optikk because I will have everyone except Wundar.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

May looks like being a bit ho hum for me. I'll get Optikk cos he's part of the sub and I will collect everything MOTUC. I wonder if Optikk needs his body or can I display the second eye separately, like DC's Emerald Eye?

The Tytus I am looking forward to but also fearful that he will be over-towered by my vintage Tytus, detracting just a little from the wow factor.

I may also need to pick up a re-issue Mer-Man if the bio has been updated, and to display with the 'vintage'-style head.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    May looks like being a bit ho hum for me. I'll get Optikk cos he's part of the sub and I will collect everything MOTUC. I wonder if Optikk needs his body or can I display the second eye separately, like DC's Emerald Eye?

The Tytus I am looking forward to but also fearful that he will be over-towered by my vintage Tytus, detracting just a little from the wow factor.

I may also need to pick up a re-issue Mer-Man if the bio has been updated, and to display with the 'vintage'-style head.
    Wow, that is the perfect accessory for a custom Emerald Empress figure!

I can't wait until DCU finally starts making Legion figures! I'm gonna party like it was 1999 when I see it finally happen!!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I'm probably excited for both equally. I like all of these figures LOL!!!!

It's going to be extremely cool having a NA figure that if FINALLY incorporated correctly into the line (size-wise).

As for the idea that Tytus is dead, I don't care. There are enough Preternian characters now that it's certainly possible to incorporate the theme of time-travel... so he exists as living in my MOTU world
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Tytus & Optikk up on Matty's main page!

Don't they usually wait until quite a bit closer to the sale date? I think doing it now is a great idea since having SOLD OUT products on your home page probably doesn't get people as interested as ones that are COMING SOON do!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Tytus all the way for me. I don't care if he's "dead" or not.

Before mattel announced Optikk, i was curious to see which NA figure would be first off the rank. I have to admit the more time that goes by, the more i'm looking forward to getting him. Tytus too! (If he doesn't sell out in a few min).