Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Im more excited for Optikk than Tytus! Anyone else?

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I'm far more excited for Optikk than I am for Tytus.

yeah...the month of May in the MOTUC world is kinda blah all around. Not a big NA fan and like it has been said..tytus is a walking around corpse..course so ins wun dar and some others.
    Sad to say but my next excited to see moment won't be till maybe keldor and then marzo and whiplash. Orko of course.
    Just kidna runs downhill quick when your faves are mostly checked off. but I still dig the line and Optikk looks great
    eh..man e faces and the other classic characters will come
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to both figures equally. They are all awesome figures!
    I like giants, cyclops, sci-fi, medieval, fantasy, etc.! They both fall into multiple of those categories.

Tytus is an awesome Giant and through him, we'll be able get get the even cooler Megator! I would have liked it if they where at least 18" tall, but alas.
    I'm glad we are getting the giants!

I don't really care about Tytus being an old Preternian character who is dead in the "present" MOTUC like King Grayskull, He-Ro & the Green Goddess?. There is always time traveling! They are all very much alive in my MOTU canon

Optikk is a really cool one-eyed cyclops in a terrific space suit complete with ray gun! His eye looks very detailed too, what is also the most important part of the figure. It's all in the name!
    But what I like the best about Optikk is that he is the ticket to more New Adventures characters!!!
    I can't wait for:
    Slush Head (Kalamarr), Flogg (Brakk), Lizorr, NA Skeletor, Crita,
    NA He-Man, Darius, Icarius (Flipshot), Tatarus (Kayo), Hydron & Mara!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Im interested in characters from all of Eternias history past, present and future but I think I am a little more excited for Optikk. I enjoy the NA cartoon series and Optikk was my first NA figure as a child so their is an aspect of nostalgia attached to him. I really hope I can get a Tytus though as he looks great and I cant wait to have him on my shelf looming over castle greyskull.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    But, you can't mix characters like He-Ro, KG, Tytus, or Wun Dar into the "current" scene as you can with the Snake Men and the Evil Horde.
    says who???

If they are on my shelf, then they can be mixed just fine. IMO any character that isn't in any of the tv series can be put into whatever 'timeline' I want them to be in. actually, why let a cartoon or comic limit your imagination? why can't Tytus fight alongside He-man? oh, yes... because the bio says he's dead so he can't.....whatever... he'll be standing by his side in my house anyway.

And since the Horde & snakemen are 'ancient' characters that can still exist to fight He-man, then the same will be for the other ancient warriors of Eternia's past.
    to me, they are all alive & active.... living alongside one another on my shelf.
    bottom line, I don't give a rat's rear end what timeline they come from or whether they're labeled as dead or not. All that matters at the end of the day are the awesome figures on my shelf.

I'll be getting any & every figure they make, alive, dead, undead, or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    As for the idea that Tytus is dead, I don't care. There are enough Preternian characters now that it's certainly possible to incorporate the theme of time-travel... so he exists as living in my MOTU world
    same here...
    to me, when it comes to fictional characters, there's no such thing as death. They can keep coming back, some how, some way. nobody ever stays dead in the fictional world.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    yeah...the month of May in the MOTUC world is kinda blah all around. Not a big NA fan and like it has been said..tytus is a walking around corpse..course so ins wun dar and some others.
    Sad to say but my next excited to see moment won't be till maybe keldor and then marzo and whiplash. Orko of course.
    Just kidna runs downhill quick when your faves are mostly checked off. but I still dig the line and Optikk looks great
    eh..man e faces and the other classic characters will come
    OH MAN, Tytus would be so much more interesting if he really was a walking corpse! Geeze, how much brains would a giant zombie need?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    OH MAN, Tytus would be so much more interesting if he really was a walking corpse! Geeze, how much brains would a giant zombie need?
    you might be on to something here. That would be cool if they made Zombie versions of all the 'dead' characters. Have them all get resurrected from their graves somehow & fight alongside their respective factions... imagine the smell of all those walking dead, though. even stinkor would smell like a rose compared to that.

who says Wun-dar is dead? just because he existed 100 yrs before He-man doesn't automatically make him dead. The Sorceress is supposedly thousands of years old (according to Filmation) and probably immortal until she passes the torch to Teela. (same for mossman. He knew KG, but he also knows He-man)

Maybe protecting/carrying the Sword of He greatly extends the life of whoever has/had it, much like the ring in LOTR. so, maybe all the He-men of the past might still be alive. Just not actively fighting the forces of evil. maybe there's a certain place where all the 'retired' heroes of the past go, so they don't interfere with the heroes of the current time. maybe they become cosmic enforcers or something.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm not even sure if I plan on opening him since I don't plan on mixing my living characters with my dead characters.
    That's pretty funny since both are pieces of inanimate plastic and were never "alive" to begin with and, as such, can never really die. It's all inside your head. They can co-exist together since this is a fantasy world where you can make up your own rules of "reality". And you choose to see them as existing in different eras. Not saying that's right or wrong but as Captain Planet sez: "The power is yours!".

Anyone else more hyped for Optikk's arrival than Tytus?
    I guess I am more excited for Optikk since he is a villain. The thing Tytus has going for him is that he's big but, more importantly, he heralds the imminent arrival of Megator! And that's when the a@$-kicking begins! Woe is you, heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    you might be on to something here. That would be cool if they made Zombie versions of all the 'dead' characters. Have them all get resurrected from their graves somehow & fight alongside their respective factions... imagine the smell of all those walking dead, though. even stinkor would smell like a rose compared to that..
    Already suggested it. But zombies have no loyalty. Their only loyalty is to their unsatiable hunger for flesh and brains.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I've grown to really like the Optikk figure, but I still can't get behind the Tytus figure. The lack of full articulation on Tytus makes him worthless to me. It should be the bigger the more articulation instead of what Mattel is doing.

Optikk though looks fun. I've even made an Optikk outfit on Playstation Home that I walk around in. They have a battle outfit that looks neat with a big eyeball you can wear.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Optikk looks cool. Tytus just doesn't do anything for me. As already mentioned - lack of articulation, that and he looks like a giant version of He-man/gray skull.

Laughs Alexx and Multibot..yeah actually that would be pretty cool to have giant Zombie guy walking around. And valid point on Wun Dar possibly still being around. The joys of magic. but he still comes with bread man. I just can't have that in my box of stuff that I don't display. All the other heads and so on would make fun of it or worse..eat the thing and then i have to track it back down!!
    Now how long will it be before matty sees this post and next year all the re issue figures are zombie versions?

Time Will Tell!!!!......

Me i want Power Sword Orko with killing sorceress action for my next robot chicken 2 pack. Or beast man and he man with an axe in his back action

God Bless Robot Chicken for making the old days funy again
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I am equally excited for both, but I have to say I'm definately more worried about getting Tytus! I have a sub, so Optikk is no problem, but Tytus...ugh!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    says who???

If they are on my shelf, then they can be mixed just fine. IMO any character that isn't in any of the tv series can be put into whatever 'timeline' I want them to be in. actually, why let a cartoon or comic limit your imagination? why can't Tytus fight alongside He-man? oh, yes... because the bio says he's dead so he can't.....whatever... he'll be standing by his side in my house anyway.

And since the Horde & snakemen are 'ancient' characters that can still exist to fight He-man, then the same will be for the other ancient warriors of Eternia's past.
    to me, they are all alive & active.... living alongside one another on my shelf.
    bottom line, I don't give a rat's rear end what timeline they come from or whether they're labeled as dead or not. All that matters at the end of the day are the awesome figures on my shelf.

I'll be getting any & every figure they make, alive, dead, undead, or otherwise.

same here...
    to me, when it comes to fictional characters, there's no such thing as death. They can keep coming back, some how, some way. nobody ever stays dead in the fictional world.
    Here! Here!

In my little Motuniverse Tytus is still alive and lives in a very big log cabin at the top of some mountain somewhere and helps He-Man every now and again, He-Ro is a young 20 something friend of Prince Adam who is being trained to be a powerful wizard by The Sorceress, and Gy-Cor is Moss-Man's steed. Optik is an android built by Trap-Jaw and Tri-Klops (hence the Trap-Jaw armour) and after Hordak re-takes Eternia the Masters hide in the Evergreen Forest under the protection of Moss-Man where they find another group of warriors The Rebellion. Castle Grayskull is their headquarters which also protects the forest. Must of the forest in underdiscovered and has secrets including other whole kingdoms such as Mysticor and Bright Moon.

It all goes against the grain but chucks em all together in one big goo.

Im not gonna be playing with them so Im not fussed if some are 'dead' in the present or not. I like having different parts to my display. Heroic warriors, evil, Horde, Pre-ternia, Mutants etc.

I just need someone for the Snakemen section now!

Heroic Warrior
    says who???

same here...
    Hey, imagination is a beautiful thing. Nothing stopping anyone from mixing the "deceased" and "living" MOTUC figures with their Transformers, G.I. Joe, TMNT, Ben 10, DCUC, and Marvel Legends figures to truly have the "Ultimate Battleground". Heck, I know if I was a kid, that's exactly what I would have done. But, since my primary collection is and always will be MOTU, my mind can't get over the fact that these figures are dead on their official bios, so that's where I'm at, people. I love Lost, but as Ben said once, "dead is dead", and the same way I didn't like He-Man and Skeletor going into the furure for the NA storyline is the same way I ain't pullinf characters from the past.

Heroic Warrior
    I WANT A ZOMBIE HE-RO, KING GRAYSKULL AND TYTUS WITH ALL THE GOEY DECOMPOSIN BIT.

Optik looks cool, but I'm more excited for Tytus. Seeing him at C2E2 made me totally sold on him.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Already suggested it. But zombies have no loyalty. Their only loyalty is to their unsatiable hunger for flesh and brains.
    that'd make for one awesome storyline for a miniseries of eps.... all the dead wariors are reanimated as flesh eating corpses & both the heroes & villans have to team up to fight them off... of course, several of the 'living' characters would have to be killed off in the process...

of course, which Zombies are we talking about? the modern '28 days later' type zombies who can run like olympians, or the old george romero slow moving ones? or the 'return of the living dead' intellegent talking zombies... or maybe a mix of them all?

Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    Laughs Alexx and Multibot..yeah actually that would be pretty cool to have giant Zombie guy walking around. And valid point on Wun Dar possibly still being around. The joys of magic. but he still comes with bread man. I just can't have that in my box of stuff that I don't display. All the other heads and so on would make fun of it or worse..eat the thing and then i have to track it back down!!
    Now how long will it be before matty sees this post and next year all the re issue figures are zombie versions?

Time Will Tell!!!!......

Me i want Power Sword Orko with killing sorceress action for my next robot chicken 2 pack. Or beast man and he man with an axe in his back action

God Bless Robot Chicken for making the old days funy again
    Yeah, i don't see Wun-dar wanting to share his bread with anyone. It's the only food item these guys have, so they probably would have to fight over it. I love that loaf of bread... hilarious play on the whole 'wonderbread' thing.
    As for those Robot Chicken figs... I'd be all over those in a heartbeat, especially the super-Orko.... too bad we most likely won't be able to do that ourselves.. i doubt Orko's head would fit on a normal motuc body.... I wonder if it's even removeable, so those who 'hate' him can have their villans decapitate the little guy if they wish.

Heroic Warrior
    Tytus is the first one I will pass on. Too much money for a character I don't really care about.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I’m excited for Optikk not that much for Tytus, plus I’m not a big fan of 12’’ figures. He looks good and I will buy him though.

I'm equally excited for both actually. It's a win-win for me. I'm excited about Optikk because he's our first NA character and the 4H did a wonderful job with him, you can hardly tell that there's so many reused parts on him!

I'm excited about Tytus because the giants are legendary and were never really available in the U.S. with the vintage line. He looks incredible in pics, I know in person he'll surpass my expectations!

I'm just happy that Tytus is the only thing I'll have to log on for in May. So, I SHOULD be able to get on and order him easily…fingers crossed!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    I prefer Optikk too
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

I'm more looking forward to Tytus. I just hope I can actually get him.
    My Masters of the Universe Classics and Comic Book Reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaycomicgeek

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Sorry buddy! Not with you on this one!

Been waiting for Tytus for 20 some years!

Vintage Optikk figures are a dime a dozen (compared to Tytus).

Vintage Tytus is untouchable.

Sorry! TYTUS is one of the most anticipated figures of this line.....and we all love all the prehystoric POG figures!!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Quote Originally Posted by the.overlord View Post
    Sorry buddy! Not with you on this one!

Been waiting for Tytus for 20 some years!

Vintage Optikk figures are a dime a dozen (compared to Tytus).

Vintage Tytus is untouchable.

Sorry! TYTUS is one of the most anticipated figures of this line.....and we all love all the prehystoric POG figures!!
    Most definitely!!!!Right on the spot....and most recently Tytus caused a lot of commotion here in site, andt no Optikk up-roar lurking... I hope I can buy one
    TYTUS all the way!
    Last edited by mumbaki; April 25, 2010 at 09:46pm.
    Ebay username gikadarle
    yojoe forum username kadarle
    fwoosh username mumbaki