Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you support THESE figure variants?

Heroic Warrior

Would you support THESE figure variants?

There are some very known variants of figures out there that deserve to be in the line, like backpainted Tung Lashor, Redneck rattlor, Camouflage Kahn, etc.

The only question is: How should the be executed, so there could be a desire to buy them?! Bubble Power She-Ra has given a perfect example of how to make the perfect mix-and-match figure. You could buy two versions of the figure and then swap parts to create your favourite version of the character.

Here are my suggestions for quarterly bonus variants:

Battleground Clawful: Should come with Skeletor legs (like the 80ies variant), 200x inspired head and bigger shell armour on his back.

Camouflage Kobra Kahn: golden feet and Buzz-Off forearms, red painted mouth and slightly altered Clawful weapon. Could come with an alternate head for the Snakemen set (like one of the yellow heads in orange- think about it!)

Can you think of other mix-and-match variants?

Let me know! And please, don't tell us, you don't want variants in this thread, keep thinking positive!

The only Clawful variant I want now is Filmation Clawful.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    The only Clawful variant I want now is Filmation Clawful.
    then tell us how you want him to be executed as a mix-and-match figure... that's what this thread is about.
    Last edited by MoViEfReAk; April 23, 2012 at 04:48am.

Camo-Khan should come with a 2nd head, a close-mouthed head for the original Khan.

Ah gotcha.

Existing Clawful figure with new head, new armour (but no shell back), Buzz-Off right arm and claw and demon feet. (to be Filmation accurate, although monster feet suits me fine)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I'd support a Prince Adam repaint with blue vest!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I would like to see khamo kahn but I know its quite impossible since theyre not gonna release more dcuc pack. the head idea is really nice.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Kamo Khan just as a new character (Kobra Khanīs brother).
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    C'mon guys, PLEASE READ THE THREAD BEFORE POSTING!

This thread is about mix and match figures like Bubble Power She-Ra to create your perfect figure, not about which character you'd want.

It could be King Hiss, whith new 200x head, the same body but He-ro boots and Carnivus loincloth, And a more 200x 5 Snake form. So you can have a True King Hiss, you can use the new snakes in the old one, or simply you can swap only the heads, also as KH is more interchangeable than others they can create a slight different torso so you can swap head, torso an legs and then you could have a weird KH. The head of the snakes could be removable and the arms too (like Kronis arm) so you can have a partial transformation, human torso/arms and head with snakes.

Heroic Warrior
    No way I would support those.

I would rather support a re-mixed forearms Stinkor's variant to match the prototype by the 4HM.

Heroic Warrior
    I would support Camo Khan, with scaly Buzz Off arms and legs with a mace. Maybe some further accesories or repainted weapons to make him more interesting.

Heroic Warrior
    Would you support THESE figure variants ?
    It would all depend on how great or lame, cool or cheap they look, and also the kind of quality they get.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I would support Camo Khan, with scaly Buzz Off arms and legs with a mace. Maybe some further accesories or repainted weapons to make him more interesting.
    This would be an awesome mash up for camo khan!

I did a custom one that i will be posting pics this afternoon.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

I would be for Camo Kahn if they made him with a slightly different head or something just to differentiate him enough from regular Kahn. Maybe as a quarterly variant if anything though. I'd hate for him to take up a slot. The others I don't think are different enough to warrant a whole new release.

Same with Black Faced Grizzlor.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I def support a Kamo Khan variant the most at the moment. Using the following, here's my formula:

* Yellow head from the new Army Builder Snake Man,
    * Whiplash arms for the scale-y effect (possibly using Beast Man's armour off of his arms too),
    * Demo Man forearms for the gauntlets(?)
    * Kobra Khan's chest and waist pieces,
    * Whiplash's legs,
    * Kobra Khan's shin pieces,
    * Demo Man feet

I'd give him Buzz Off's weapon without that yellow top piece and either Optikk's or Captain Glenn's rifle/gun.

Obviously, he'd have the vintage Kamo Khan paint scheme but with the FH touch! Overall, that's how i see him LoL.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I like some of the ideas, but really there are so many other variants of figures or mini comics that I would want way before this list
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I don't care for any of those varients listed. I think the Horsemen can come up with better ones.

all set with ANY variants till we get all the regular characters!!!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    This is how I feel. The others mentioned in the op do not interest me.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    all set with ANY variants till we get all the regular characters!!!
    But we get 4 variants per year...so it would be nice to know what variants we WANT to fill these slots---I don't think anyone wants to fill up the variant slots with 12 200X he-man "armor" variants.

(Not saying that there is NOT room for a few of these, but Samurai He-man---Really?
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    agree with this, Camo Khan I want to be an official Snake Man, with the symbol on his chest and everything.

As you already posted Moviefreak, change the hands, ect. I dont really need a new head though. Just the arms and the repaint really.

I'd maybe like a Whiplash second with his torso painted more like 200x (with the stripes, light neck) with the other forarms, I forget who's.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    i like many of the ideas 'bout camo khan and "modern" king hiss.

i suppose some simple variants could be:

gray/ro: repainted adam's buck and vest with hordak forearms and he-ro's head (maybe without the gem in the front). and a neck lace, of course;

karak-nul: keldor's buck, with regular furry loincloth, a new head, of course. maybe demo-man or pd he-man upper tunic;

red beast (the proto beast-man, not the so called sumo-bear, who i'd like to see a newly tooled figure): gy-gor's buck in red with new head and harness.

Filmation Clawful:
    Standard buck upper body & right arm or at least the Buzz Off shoulders, Tri-Klops left forearm, Buzz off claws,
    Skeletor shins, Hordak feet, Icarius or Khan loin cloth / briefs and new armor & head

Filmation MAA: Palace Guard buck, painted the center belt oval red & orange washed right arm guards,
    washed boot shins, and brown painted loin cloth and boot feet. Mustached Duncan head.
    I already made this as a custom, and to be honest I like it much better than the original Classics release.

But Mattel could do it the same way I did mine, except with molding colors instead of all the painting I did.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I do support having clawful with a different head and bigger shell armor on his back.
    the small shell armor was my biggest issue with the figure.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna