Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grayskull Robot in MOTUC discussion thread

Hybrid View

Grayskull Robot in MOTUC discussion thread

With the anticipated release of Gy-Gor, never before seen vintage prototype character which seemingly no one knew about until about six months ago, I got thinking about a pre-Filmation figure central to Castle Grayskull that was never made:

the Castle Grayskull robot/armor.

For years before Mattel released the Sorceress figure, I had regretted that this robot character could not move and protect the throne of Castle Grayskull. He just had to stand there like a useless statue and watch as Skeletor took the throne and the Evil minions took over my Castle Grayskull.

Now I reckon if we're getting a Gy-Gor no one's ever heard of, surely we deserve a Grayskull robot/armor figure.

Always loved the blaster attached to his left wrist. Looks like this figure could use Trap Jaw's legs, may need unique arms and helmet and a new armor built like Optikk's to cover the standard torso.

Maybe someone could help me out a bit to distinguish whether it is a robot or suit of armor? If it's a suit of armor, how cool would it be to remove the helmet and put a removable He-Man or Man-At-Arms or some other head in there?
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; July 26, 2010 at 08:38pm.

Wow, now that's pretty neat! Looks more like a space suit than a robot. Might be a cool tie-in somehow. You definitely got me thinkin'.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    THAT would convince me to buy a 2011 subscription!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

It's a cool idea actually, but I don't see MAttel spendng too much new tooling budget for a sub exclusive.

If they were to do it with tons of reuse here's what they could use: (if maximum reuse was mandatory)

-Trap Jaw's lower legs and feet
    -King Hssss's upper legs (Formerly He-Man's but Hssss's are better Thanks SDCC reveal for the update*)
    -He-Ro Loincloth
    -Trap Jaw's hands
    -Trap Jaw's arms with new armor piece glued to the shoulder
    -Hordak flat Abs
    -Standard Torso
    -New Armor and Helmet
    -Accessory the Console to which the armor/robot is attached.

*= and Staff of Ka for the idea of updating the upper legs!
    Last edited by DO4M; September 17, 2010 at 02:14pm.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

THAT would be an AWESOME figure! Mattel…make that STAT!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

That's probably Queen Marlena's space suit
    :: Odrakir ::

My Feedback Thread

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'd definitely be up for that figure; it looks like a lot of tooling would be needed, but, as DO4M points out, some existing parts could easily be worked into the design. And the Horsemen have shown how ingeniously they can incorporate existing parts into the figures without making it obvious. Give him a sculpted control panel and enough do-dads to go with him, and you might get a beast/large or two-pack sized figure out of him.

As I've stated before, off the wall things like this and Gygor help keep the line fresh and unpredictable, something it needs to thrive and grow.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    It's a cool idea actually, but I don't see MAttel spendng too much new tooling budget for a sub exclusive.

If they were to do it with tons of reuse here's what they could use: (if maximum reuse was mandatory)

-Trap Jaw's lower legs and feet
    -He-Man's upper legs
    -He-Ro Loincloth
    -Trap Jaw's hands
    -Trap Jaw's arms with new armor piece glued to the shoulder
    -Hordak flat Abs
    -Standard Torso
    -New Armor and Helmet
    -Accessory the Console to which the armor/robot is attached.

Great ideas, but instead of He-mans thighs, they could now use King Hiss's! perfect match!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Yes, but I won't buy it unless its accessories include the washing machine of Power!!!

Hear that Toyguru? We want the computer console also.
    (Not that we're greedy or anything)

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Great ideas, but instead of He-mans thighs, they could now use King Hiss's! perfect match!
    Great catch!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I updated the post with your suggestion! Awesome Idea! (Guess that now I'll have to update it every time better parts show up)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Yep. Always saw that as a space suit, not a robot.

Not interested.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    there are a few things that jumped out on me reading this thread 1 thanks to the mighty spector we now have the arm blaster! 2 in marlenas bio it mentions a connection between eternia and earth could this be the suit of an original earth traveller
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Here's Joe Amaro's new custom of the "Protector."

Now that would be a truly kickass club exclusive.

I am in love with it, and am now considering polygamy so that I may marry it as well.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Show your support for R.A.D.A.R., AKA The Cardboard Robot of Grayskull

I don't know if you remember him from the 80's Castle Grayskull, but this is another character I have always wanted a figure of. I am not sure if ToyGuru has mentioned if he can be made, but post here if you would like to see him receive the MOTUC treatment. With a name and bio, I think he could be quite interesting.

R.A.D.A.R. (Recon Android Detecting Alien Races)

Created by the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull, R.A.D.A.R. is a recon android who's purpose is to detect alien races who may be an aid to or threaten Eternia. His first and main mission was to safely guide to Eternia an astronaut who is believed to be the future mother of the two heirs of the Sword of He. Through the use of his supercomputer and spacesuit, R.A.D.A.R. still watches the cosmos, and is now observing a planet called The StarBand. It is protected by the planets remaining law man, Rio-Blast, who may be contacted one day to help The Masters of the Universe.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

That would actually be a pretty cool addition to MOTUC IMO.
    Who has the Power?

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    to tell the truth I always assumed this thing was an empty space suit not a robot.

However I wouldn't be opposed to a figure it's a pretty cool design.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    to tell the truth I always assumed this thing was an empty space suit not a robot.

However I wouldn't be opposed to a figure it's a pretty cool design.
    Yeah me too.. I thought it was just a relic kept within Castle Grayskul, just another mystery that resides there...

I welcome the "character" as a figure though.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I would be all for this. When I was a kid, my MOTU figures always talked to him, so it would be awesome to have an actual figure

I always thought of this being an empty suit of power armor or something similiar, lost technology from the holocaust (from the pre-filmation days). It's not a bad idea, but how about this for a bio instead -

R.A.D.A.R. -

"Created by ancient Eternians using technology lost long even before the time of King Grayskull, the The Rapid Action Deployment Assault Robots (R.A.D.A.R.s) were created to be the ultimate defense force for Eternia, given powerful weapons, subjective decision making capability, and strong ethical programming, they maintained peace on Eternia for centuries. Although the technology to create and repair them was lost, the remaining R.A.D.A.R.s sacrificed themselves bravely assisting King Grayskull to defeat the Evil Horde, leaving only one of their number standing at the end of the conflict. Now the last of his kind, R.A.D.A.R. was preserved in Castle Grayskull by archaic computers until recently awakened by accident during the study of these computers by the Royal Archaeologist, Melaktha. Even though his creators are long dead, R.A.D.A.R.s ethical programming still drives him to fight the forces of evil and protect Eternia no matter what time period he is in."

Not trying to dump on your bio, but the Sorceress doesn't have the technical skill to create a robot, and Man At Arms has created two so far, so that feels played out. Also, I really like the character of Melaktha, so I wanted to involve him in something.
    Last edited by SSj3 Derek; August 7, 2010 at 05:52pm.

I always thought it was just an empty suit too. Im not really interested in it but I might buy it if it looks good enough which knowing the 4H it probably will. Its very low down on my priority list though.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I thought about this a bit a while ago. I wanted it to be a suit also. I imagined it would be like big pieces of armor that you can put on a standard MOTU buck like He-man and Man-At-Arms. I was thinking about why Eternia doesn't have much space technology or space exploration and I realized that Eternia may be alone in it's solar system or isolated in a separate dimension.

I was working on a short fan fiction and I thought about how cool it would be if the suit was actually Queen Marlena's space suit. The suit had some secrets that revealed a bit about Eternia's past and had some dimensional energies still residing inside the suit which was the factor that kept Marlena alive as she crossed over to Eternia's dimension.

In my cannon, Marlena is not from Earth but from a vastly advanced civilization, maybe Primus' past.

Anyway, something I've been working on with the suit.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I don't know if you remember him from the 80's Castle Grayskull, but this is another character I have always wanted a figure of. I am not sure if ToyGuru has mentioned if he can be made, but post here if you would like to see him receive the MOTUC treatment. With a name and bio, I think he could be quite interesting.

Created by the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull, R.A.D.A.R. is a recon android who's purpose is to detect alien races who may be an aid to or threaten Eternia. His first and main mission was to safely guide to Eternia an astronaut who is believed to be the future mother of the two heirs of the Sword of He. Through the use of his supercomputer and spacesuit, R.A.D.A.R. still watches the cosmos, and is now observing a planet called The StarBand. It is protected by the planets remaining law man, Rio-Blast, who may be contacted one day to help The Masters of the Universe.
    great job, man, definitely accurate.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post

Wow, it looks great.
    Does Galactus fart?

It's a pretty good bio, but I'm still left wondering why R.A.D.A.R. is hooked up to the Washing Machine of Grayskull. Does he dispense detergent as his action feature?
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.