Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grayskull Robot in MOTUC discussion thread

When I finally make the figure, this is the bio I created for him awhile ago.

R.A.D.A.R.

Created by the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull, R.A.D.A.R. is a recon android who's purpose is to detect alien races who may be an aid to or threaten Eternia. His first and main mission was to safely guide to Eternia an astronaut who is believed to be the future mother of the two heirs of the Sword of He. Years later, R.A.D.A.R. still watches the cosmos, and is now observing a planet called The StarBand. It is protected by the planets remaining law man, Rio-Blast, who may be contacted one day to help The Masters of the Universe.
    Last edited by Joe Amato; April 26, 2010 at 10:00pm.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

They could throw in the Knife and Webstor Rifle that are on the sticker as Actual Weapons... (I would like to see the other weapons made as well especially the flail)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    If, somehow, we go that before Ram-Man, I would be beyond ****** off.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    If, somehow, we go that before Ram-Man, I would be beyond ****** off.
    Ram-Man's not being held up for any logistical/tooling cost reason any more. He's being held back as one of the few remaining MotU A-listers to prolong the line.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Ram-Man's not being held up for any logistical/tooling cost reason any more. He's being held back as one of the few remaining MotU A-listers to prolong the line.
    I was under the impression that it was a tooling thing. I would have been an angry beaver if tooling was spent on that thing instead of my boy Rammy.

But the prolonging the line thing definitely makes sense.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Bang your head!!!
    I was under the impression that it was a tooling thing. I would have been an angry beaver if tooling was spent on that thing instead of my boy Rammy.

Im more on the line of the "prolong" statement.
    If they knock off the A listers right away, we will be back in the 80's... "Just like we remember it"

But Im all for seeing this cardboard figure becomming a plastic figure...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

this would be very cool. i agree with the idea of ram man and characters like meckaneck being held back to prolong the line. i think this obscure character, Dendor? would be awesome.

i think he'd be another perfect exclusive for the 2011 sub!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    That thing is an ugly mess. Pass.
    Well ... it's not as ugly IMO as that Evil Robot prototype being talked about lately.

And "Defendor" has so many display possibilities depending on whether you think it's a robot or suit of armor.

@ Joseephus - cool bio. I like how you turned R.A.D.A.R. into an integral part of bringing Marlena Glenn to Eternia. And Rio Blast! Good luck with the custom

@ DO4M Yes to the weapons! Like your part re-use plan. Maybe "Defendor" could share shoulder parts with Extendar when he is made?

Re: Astronaut Marlena. Prospect for parts re-use.
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; April 26, 2010 at 09:45pm.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    When I finally make the figure, this is the bio I created for him awhile ago.

R.A.D.A.R.

Created by the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull, R.A.D.A.R. is a recon android who's purpose is to detect alien races who may be an aid to or threaten Eternia. His first and main mission was to safely guide to Eternia an astronaut who is believed to be the future mother of the two heirs of the Sword of He. Years later, R.A.D.A.R. still watches the cosmos, and is now observing a planet called The StarBand. It is protected by the planets remaining law man,
    Rio-Blast, who may be contacted one day to help The Masters of the Universe.
    Nice bio. Well thought out.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Well ... it's not as ugly IMO as that Evil Robot prototype being talked about lately.
    No doubt. That robot is David-Spade-ugly, but Evil Robot is Danny-Devito-in-a-speedo-ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Im more on the line of the "prolong" statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    He's being held back as one of the few remaining MotU A-listers to prolong the line.
    OMG, they're prolonging the line!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

It was originally a tooling thing - that's a main reason why he wasn't included in the splurge of main characters in 2009, before they knew whether the line would last or not (and also why Teela had to wait until nearly the end of the year).

Now, of the 16 standard characters a year, most will still use a fair amount of reused or reusable parts, four (the ex-bonus figures) will have a very limited tooling budget indeed, but one or two will be "extreme tools" (TG's word) with few or no reused/reusable parts. [Plus the four oversized/beast figures and the SDCC figure(s)]

With MOTU vehicles announced for 4th quarter 2011 and that Castle Grayskull diorama at SDCC, I feel it is only a matter of time until we see a genuine MOTUC Castle Grayskull revealed. And if we get a Castle Grayskull, I bet there's a good chance many of the features of the vintage and 200x versions will be incorporated

... which brings us to Defendor!

I truly believe this would make an awesome figure - either as a Castle Grayskull pack-in or separate release. However, to do CG properly, it would have to be so big as to make figure pack-ins way too costly IMO. Therefore, I suspect any Defendor figure would be a separate release.

I remain undecided whether it is a robot or space suit. I think I prefer the space suit idea, however it would be cool if the space suit was capable of some autonomous action in 'defence' of the throne of Castle Grayskull.

If this is ever released and designed as a space suit, I hope the mask visor is clear enough to be able to see whatever MOTUC head we decide to swap inside. There will certainly be enough spare Palace Guard heads lying around that could snap inside the space suit.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Court Magician
    Well in the King of Castle Grayskull mini comic suits of armor did attack He-Man on Skeletor's command. Maybe they'll find away to fit this thing into Grayskull lore.

Hmmmm....

Show your support for R.A.D.A.R., AKA The Cardboard Robot of Grayskull

I don't know if you remember him from the 80's Castle Grayskull, but this is another character I have always wanted a figure of. I am not sure if ToyGuru has mentioned if he can be made, but post here if you would like to see him receive the MOTUC treatment. With a name and bio, I think he could be quite interesting.

R.A.D.A.R. (Recon Android Detecting Alien Races)

Created by the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull, R.A.D.A.R. is a recon android who's purpose is to detect alien races who may be an aid to or threaten Eternia. His first and main mission was to safely guide to Eternia an astronaut who is believed to be the future mother of the two heirs of the Sword of He. Through the use of his supercomputer and spacesuit, R.A.D.A.R. still watches the cosmos, and is now observing a planet called The StarBand. It is protected by the planets remaining law man, Rio-Blast, who may be contacted one day to help The Masters of the Universe.

Attached Images Attached Images

That would actually be a pretty cool addition to MOTUC IMO.
    Who has the Power?

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    to tell the truth I always assumed this thing was an empty space suit not a robot.

However I wouldn't be opposed to a figure it's a pretty cool design.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    to tell the truth I always assumed this thing was an empty space suit not a robot.

However I wouldn't be opposed to a figure it's a pretty cool design.
    Yeah me too.. I thought it was just a relic kept within Castle Grayskul, just another mystery that resides there...

I welcome the "character" as a figure though.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I would be all for this. When I was a kid, my MOTU figures always talked to him, so it would be awesome to have an actual figure

I always thought it was just an empty suit too. Im not really interested in it but I might buy it if it looks good enough which knowing the 4H it probably will. Its very low down on my priority list though.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I thought about this a bit a while ago. I wanted it to be a suit also. I imagined it would be like big pieces of armor that you can put on a standard MOTU buck like He-man and Man-At-Arms. I was thinking about why Eternia doesn't have much space technology or space exploration and I realized that Eternia may be alone in it's solar system or isolated in a separate dimension.

I was working on a short fan fiction and I thought about how cool it would be if the suit was actually Queen Marlena's space suit. The suit had some secrets that revealed a bit about Eternia's past and had some dimensional energies still residing inside the suit which was the factor that kept Marlena alive as she crossed over to Eternia's dimension.

In my cannon, Marlena is not from Earth but from a vastly advanced civilization, maybe Primus' past.

Anyway, something I've been working on with the suit.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I always thought of this being an empty suit of power armor or something similiar, lost technology from the holocaust (from the pre-filmation days). It's not a bad idea, but how about this for a bio instead -

R.A.D.A.R. -

"Created by ancient Eternians using technology lost long even before the time of King Grayskull, the The Rapid Action Deployment Assault Robots (R.A.D.A.R.s) were created to be the ultimate defense force for Eternia, given powerful weapons, subjective decision making capability, and strong ethical programming, they maintained peace on Eternia for centuries. Although the technology to create and repair them was lost, the remaining R.A.D.A.R.s sacrificed themselves bravely assisting King Grayskull to defeat the Evil Horde, leaving only one of their number standing at the end of the conflict. Now the last of his kind, R.A.D.A.R. was preserved in Castle Grayskull by archaic computers until recently awakened by accident during the study of these computers by the Royal Archaeologist, Melaktha. Even though his creators are long dead, R.A.D.A.R.s ethical programming still drives him to fight the forces of evil and protect Eternia no matter what time period he is in."

Not trying to dump on your bio, but the Sorceress doesn't have the technical skill to create a robot, and Man At Arms has created two so far, so that feels played out. Also, I really like the character of Melaktha, so I wanted to involve him in something.
    Last edited by SSj3 Derek; August 7, 2010 at 06:52pm.

Quote Originally Posted by SSj3 Derek View Post
    I always thought of this being an empty suit of power armor or something similiar, lost technology from the holocaust (from the pre-filmation days). It's not a bad idea, but how about this for a bio instead -

R.A.D.A.R. -

"Created by ancient Eternians using technology lost long even before the time of King Grayskull, the The Rapid Action Deployment Assault Robots (R.A.D.A.R.s) were created to be the ultimate defense force for Eternia, given powerful weapons, subjective decision making capability, and strong ethical programming, they maintained peace on Eternia for centuries. Although the technology to create and repair them was lost, the remaining R.A.D.A.R.s sacrificed themselves bravely assisting King Grayskull to defeat the Evil Horde, leaving only one of their number standing at the end of the conflict. Now the last of his kind, R.A.D.A.R. was preserved in Castle Grayskull by archaic computers until recently awakened by accident during the study of these computers by the Royal Archaeologist, Melaktha. Even though his creators are long dead, R.A.D.A.R.s ethical programming still drives him to fight the forces of evil and protect Eternia no matter what time period he is in."

Not trying to dump on your bio, but the Sorceress doesn't have the technical skill to create a robot, and Man At Arms has created two so far, so that feels played out. Also, I really like the character of Melaktha, so I wanted to involve him in something.
    This is a world of magic and science, and who is to say the Sorceress can not do this. It is just a story. And R.A.D.A.R. is a name I made for him to also match what he does, detecting things just like radar. His name is just like most other MOTU characters, where their name matches their ability or appearance. If you were to take my R.A.D.A.R. name and use your meaning instead of mine, it doesn't match with what he is made for. Not to dump on your bio, but this is a character name I created for him and bio that I believe suits him well in the current MOTU lore.