Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grayskull Robot in MOTUC discussion thread

Now, see? That would be a proper subscription exclusive!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Sure, why not. I see the following things that can be made from existing (or soon to be existing) MOTUC figures:

ARMS: Royal Guard arm pieces
    BOOTS: Trap-Jaw
    THIGHS: King Hiss
    WEAPON: Webstor's gun in blue

New pieces:

Helmet
    Optikk like chest armour
    Crotch piece
    Various other pieces (knife, gun arm bracelet, etc.)

Heck, they could REALLY make it a helmet that clips onto the chest armour somehow (removeable) and include heads of MAA, He-Man and Marlena. That would be pretty sweet.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I don't know if you remember him from the 80's Castle Grayskull, but this is another character I have always wanted a figure of. I am not sure if ToyGuru has mentioned if he can be made, but post here if you would like to see him receive the MOTUC treatment. With a name and bio, I think he could be quite interesting.

R.A.D.A.R. (Recon Android Detecting Alien Races)

Created by the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull, R.A.D.A.R. is a recon android who's purpose is to detect alien races who may be an aid to or threaten Eternia. His first and main mission was to safely guide to Eternia an astronaut who is believed to be the future mother of the two heirs of the Sword of He. Through the use of his supercomputer and spacesuit, R.A.D.A.R. still watches the cosmos, and is now observing a planet called The StarBand. It is protected by the planets remaining law man, Rio-Blast, who may be contacted one day to help The Masters of the Universe.
    great job, man, definitely accurate.

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Maybe someone could help me out a bit to distinguish whether it is a robot or suit of armor? If it's a suit of armor, how cool would it be to remove the helmet and put a removable He-Man or Man-At-Arms or some other head in there?
    I've always thought it was Queen Marlena's Space Suit from when she crash landed on Eternia.

Some scenes from ep 6 - Teelas Quest.

Queen Marlena is using a memory device & shows Prince Adam her crash landing on Eternia

Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I'd definitely be up for that figure; it looks like a lot of tooling would be needed, but, as DO4M points out, some existing parts could easily be worked into the design.
    I could see it having the majority of it's parts shared with the Horde Trooper. That way it could help justify more new parts on the trooper as well, since they've got most of the new parts they made for the trooper as well.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

I WANT ONE! Just so long as Marlena is inside it!

Or, they could just make one as an accessory that can clip over the standard MOTUC figures, OR just make only the helmet removable, with say some soft foam on the inside of it so it can fit snuggly on both the FEMALE and MALE MOTUC heads, and therefore it should also come with at least one head under the helmet in the package (i.e. Marlena's!)
    – No comment.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I don't know if you remember him from the 80's Castle Grayskull, but this is another character I have always wanted a figure of. I am not sure if ToyGuru has mentioned if he can be made, but post here if you would like to see him receive the MOTUC treatment. With a name and bio, I think he could be quite interesting.

R.A.D.A.R. (Recon Android Detecting Alien Races)

Created by the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull, R.A.D.A.R. is a recon android who's purpose is to detect alien races who may be an aid to or threaten Eternia. His first and main mission was to safely guide to Eternia an astronaut who is believed to be the future mother of the two heirs of the Sword of He. Through the use of his supercomputer and spacesuit, R.A.D.A.R. still watches the cosmos, and is now observing a planet called The StarBand. It is protected by the planets remaining law man, Rio-Blast, who may be contacted one day to help The Masters of the Universe.
    Wow, it looks great.
    Does Galactus fart?

It's a pretty good bio, but I'm still left wondering why R.A.D.A.R. is hooked up to the Washing Machine of Grayskull. Does he dispense detergent as his action feature?
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Fantastic job joseephus!

The more I think about it the more I'd like it to be a suit of armor which we could swap heads in (for example, to look like Man-At-Arms is wearing it, etc.) but either way this is a figure and concept that needs more love so Toyguru will add it to the production list!

BTW Skelehorde, I want an astronaut Marlena Glenn figure also! Astronaut Marlena would make a truly exquisite Sub Exclusive variant of the Queen.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Very impressive joseephus!!!
    I also love the bio.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Fantastic job joseephus!

The more I think about it the more I'd like it to be a suit of armor which we could swap heads in (for example, to look like Man-At-Arms is wearing it, etc.) but either way this is a figure and concept that needs more love so Toyguru will add it to the production list!

BTW Skelehorde, I want an astronaut Marlena Glenn figure also! Astronaut Marlena would make a truly exquisite Sub Exclusive variant of the Queen.
    Thanks for the compliment Swanmarsh! And the reason I prefer him to "not" be just a suit of armor is it makes it too ordinary. By being just a suit of armor anyone can wear has no meaning. That is why I gave him a name and bio, I thought it could give us another figure to add to our current MOTU collection that has his own unique identity. There has to be a reason he was hooked up to that supercomputer, or washing machine as Old Bolty Neck calls it, so he never appeared to be just a suit of armor to me. But to each their own, but he will always be R.A.D.A.R. to me.
    Last edited by Joe Amato; August 8, 2010 at 06:48pm.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Radar

http://www.kitkrazy.com/images/items...man-kit-gg.jpg
    Either this is RADAR or a varying MAA Guard of some type!
    Last edited by Alexxandar; August 9, 2010 at 01:45am.

I always pretended it was like a suit of armor in a castle - never really thought about it being a robot.

It would be SUPER cool if Mattel made the suit into an accessory for MOTUC figures. We could put it on any figure we like or just display it!

Thanks for the compliment Swanmarsh! And the reason I prefer him to "not" be just a suit of armor is it makes it too ordinary. By being just a suit of armor anyone can wear has no meaning. That is why I gave him a name and bio, I thought it could give us another figure to add to our current MOTU collection that has his own unique identity. There has to be a reason he was hooked up to that supercomputer, or washing machine as Old Bolty Neck calls it, so he never appeared to be just a suit of armor to me. But to each their own, but he will always be R.A.D.A.R. to me.
    If Toyguru makes him a Robot as you suggest I will still be very happy! Just so long as they eventually make him.

I'm interested to learn if you constructed the arm-blaster yourself of where did you switch it from?

Also, I love the knife strapped to RADAR's leg.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

If Toyguru makes him a Robot as you suggest I will still be very happy! Just so long as they eventually make him.

I'm interested to learn if you constructed the arm-blaster yourself of where did you switch it from?

Also, I love the knife strapped to RADAR's leg.
    I made the arm-blaster, knife with strap, belt piece, head, chest piece, neck strap, and the two purple tubes.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

This is such an awesome idea, really shows what a creative community we have. I'm all for the figure as a quaterly, my only concern is the color scheme could look really insane.
    WTB Loose complete Tyrantisaurus Rex and Laser Light Skeletor

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    I WANT ONE! Just so long as Marlena is inside it!

Or, they could just make one as an accessory that can clip over the standard MOTUC figures, OR just make only the helmet removable, with say some soft foam on the inside of it so it can fit snuggly on both the FEMALE and MALE MOTUC heads, and therefore it should also come with at least one head under the helmet in the package (i.e. Marlena's!)
    Would love to see that figure made, A-list variant Astronaught Queen Marlena.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I think this robot would make a great addition to the line! I always wanted a figure of it
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...serts_full.jpg

Maybe someone could help me out a bit to distinguish whether it is a robot or suit of armor? If it's a suit of armor, how cool would it be to remove the helmet and put a removable He-Man or Man-At-Arms or some other head in there?
    I always considered it armored space suit. While I think a helmet big enough to remove, put a unique head on, and put the helmet back on would be a little too big for the toy, I'd be all for the ability to remove the helmet and just be able to put He-Man's head on it.

This figure could also be used for something fun along the lines of GI Joe's Steel Brigade, as was discussed over in J_Man's Palace Guard Discussion Thread.

Oh, and for the record, I'd like the opportunity to buy a figure of that design!
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy one of these.

outstanding. the colors on the custom are a little garish for my tastes, but aside from that, simply great. i'd buy one.

Heroic Warrior
    I truly enjoyed and loved Joseephus work (custom figure and bio) on the Catle Grayskull armor/robot (or R.A.D.A.R.) ! Awesome job !

This would be a great "surprise figure" (it could come with a mini-diorama or as a bonus or exclusive)...

I'm surprised we never heard any comment from Toyguru on such an idea. There are many possiblities for this concept character !

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely awesome idea! I would love to have a CG robot especially if it had a removable helmet where you could swap different heads onto it!

Add me to the list of supporters of this figure!

Quote Originally Posted by REX-203 View Post
    Add me to the list of supporters of this figure!
    This could be the first character of the MOTUC with a majority metallic appearance.