Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Grayskull Robot in MOTUC discussion thread

Heroic Warrior
    This is a cool Idea, I would like to see the figure & its very relative

Well, it looks like Toyguru has confirmed the Castle Grayskull relic is indeed a suit of armor, not a robot:

Toyguru:

Greetings from Ecuador - South America.

I found this picture. It is from an insert in the Vintage Castle Grayskull.

It was an Space Suit ????

I think it was for He-Man, you can see the Power Sword behind.

Could we see this "He-Man Space Suit" as a MOTUC Action Figure ???

It could be a He-Man with two heads: One with the Hoof Closed (For Space walk)and other with the Hoof Open (Where you can see the He-Man face inside).

Is it possible ????

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Toyguru:
    Who said this suit belongs to He-Man...
    (With thanks to Darkspecter for finding & posting the above news. Emphasis added by yours truly.)

I guess the questions now are:

- who owned/used the suit of armor before it was consigned to Castle Grayskull? King Grayskull? He-Ro? Zodac? Wun-Dar?

- is it lost technology from before the Great Wars?

- does the suit have some autonomous programming for defensive activities to protect the Throne and secrets of Castle Grayskull?

It would be sweet if this piece of nostalgia was translated into a figure for 2011.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Yes, but I won't buy it unless its accessories include the washing machine of Power!!!
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    It's a cool idea actually, but I don't see MAttel spendng too much new tooling budget for a sub exclusive.

If they were to do it with tons of reuse here's what they could use: (if maximum reuse was mandatory)

-Trap Jaw's lower legs and feet
    -He-Man's upper legs
    -He-Ro Loincloth
    -Trap Jaw's hands
    -Trap Jaw's arms with new armor piece glued to the shoulder
    -Hordak flat Abs
    -Standard Torso
    -New Armor and Helmet
    -Accessory the Console to which the armor/robot is attached.

Great ideas, but instead of He-mans thighs, they could now use King Hiss's! perfect match!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Yes, but I won't buy it unless its accessories include the washing machine of Power!!!

Hear that Toyguru? We want the computer console also.
    (Not that we're greedy or anything)

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Great ideas, but instead of He-mans thighs, they could now use King Hiss's! perfect match!
    Great catch!

l like the idea of it being a robot more than a suit. I would definitely buy a couple of these for Grayskull. Cool stuff.

I could see this being announced as an April Fool's joke, with a cardboard figure packaged inside a MOTUC card and bubble
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

A new Q&A answer on our favorite space suit from Mattel:

2. The Grayskull Space Suit has been discussed a lot lately on fan boards and Toy Guru said that it is not necessarily belonging to He-Man. Could this item be included in the Classics line- maybe as figure, diorama piece or outfit for, let's say... Queen Marlena?

We are big fans of this space suit, but we’re not ready to announce anything at this time.
    I'm excited to hear the Matty team are "big fans" of this figure. Hope we hear some news soon!
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; September 17, 2010 at 10:46am.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I updated the post with your suggestion! Awesome Idea! (Guess that now I'll have to update it every time better parts show up)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Now that TG has raised the prospect of a $200-$300 price range for Castle Grayskull, if and when we ever see such a delight, what would be fans preference for receiving the Cardboard Spacesuit?

a) a separately sold release of a MOTUC figure of the spacesuit, as discussed in this thread, packed with laser rifle and knife (and maybe computer console); or

b) the spacesuit as an exclusive MOTUC figure packed in with the $200-$300 Castle Grayskull.

Personally, I can't wait for this Spacesuit to achieve reality in MOTUC so I want a separate release. This guy shouldn't be held captive to the hope that one day, maybe, a new Castle Grayskull will be released.

How about releasing is as a diorama? Pretty much the suit, accessories and the Computer on its side for the same price as a "Large Beast". Heck throw in the smaller CG weapons rack (with weapons) in it and charge us about $40!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    How about releasing is as a diorama? Pretty much the suit, accessories and the Computer on its side for the same price as a "Large Beast". Heck throw in the smaller CG weapons rack (with weapons) in it and charge us about $40!
    Wow. I think $40 is way too much for that. It would essentially be a $20 MOTUC figure plus small console and rack which we are already getting. $40 is like a large beast.

As a separate release why wouldn't the figure alone, plus the console be enough at $20 instead of making it a diorama SKU? If King Hiss can get 2 torsos for $20 then a simple computer display pack-in shouldn't be totally out of the question.

that would be interesting to see Defendor released as a kind of "exclusive" figure with the Greyskull playset. the helmet could be removable and there could simply be a head peg there for anyone to inser whichever head they'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Wow. I think $40 is way too much for that. It would essentially be a $20 MOTUC figure plus small console and rack which we are already getting. $40 is like a large beast.

As a separate release why wouldn't the figure alone, plus the console be enough at $20 instead of making it a diorama SKU? If King Hiss can get 2 torsos for $20 then a simple computer display pack-in shouldn't be totally out of the question.
    Why I chose $40 for the Suit, Weapons and Console?
    Simple: The FULL console on its own its too large to be a simple pack in.
    The lower half seems to be larger than a figure's Torso. He's got 3 Special accessories without the Console (Wrist missile, Gun and knife) There's the second half of the console (The part with screens that seems to be larger than the average figure) and toss in the the smaller Weapons rack (with weapons)... That's almost reasonable enough.

The larger Weapons Rack is $15... based on that paying $40 for the suit and the other stuff would be a nice deal.

Could this week be the week we finally see revealed our most sought after Grayskull Spacesuit of Mystery and Power?

It could either be part of the Marlena 3-pak speculation or as DO4M points out above, the many pieced one-piece SDCC item - with Spacesuit figure, optional (King Grayskull or He-Ro) head to fit inside the helmet, laser rifle, knife, computer console diorama.

I'd be most excited if this figure is indeed part of the SDCC reveals.

It would be awesome to see this at SDCC.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    love the colors & vantage appeal. but not sure i would want it apart of the motuc collection.

Looks cool. Single release or pack it in with Grayskull, I'll take one either way.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    love the colors & vantage appeal. but not sure i would want it apart of the motuc collection.

Not trying to be an @$$ or anything but what is it you don't like about the armor in MOTUC?

Is it the idea it might be an autonomous guardian within Grayskull?
    Or the idea of swapping various MOTUC heads inside the helmet?

Just asking.

I used to think it might be Marlena's old space suit, which would qualify as alien technology to Eternians, hence why it has to be kept locked up in the castle among its vast secrets.

However, I also really like the idea of it being an extremely powerful military robot created by Man-At-Arms (think Roboto on steroids, or for an even better example, the Destroyer from the Thor movie) as a sort of last line of defense for the castle in case somehow evil doers defeat He-Man and the Sorceress.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    i would buy it without hesitation! I remember someone on matty's forum posted a custom version of it and it was awesome.

Lets get this done.....This sticker has been suck a tease since I was a wee child and I inisist that it be made like Stat.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

This could be an option for the 2013 sub exclusive.
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

Heroic Warrior
    I could see a mini comic telling the story of Queen Marlena being in this suit and the "console" being the life support/stasus unit used for long space flights suddenly all @*!! goes haywire and she awakens to the ship out of control after the crash Duncan salvages the suit, console and other tech from the wreck and stashes it in Grayskull to study it in private maybe even a little shot of him looking at earth technology via the ships computer files.

I think this should be released along with Grayskull. I'm assuming the price tag for Grayskull is taking into account turning all those cardboard details into fully sculpted and painted pieces.